• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Wii = Last Game??

Zelda Wii == last Zelda game?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This is just a completely random thought, but does anyone here think that Zelda wii coming out in 2010 sometime will be the last Zelda game of them all?

I really dont know what to think. The chances of having no more after this are slim in my opinion, but I think i recall someone saying that ZW will be the last game. (I dont remember who said that, if anyone).

So, do you guys think this will be the last game?

(if anyone votes 'yes', I would like to know why.)

Last edited:
I really doubt it will be, and I don't see much reason to think it will.

Even if recent games have fallen a bit short, the series is still selling amazingly well. Even if Miyamoto or Aonuma wanted to end it, I'm pretty sure Nintendo wouldn't let them.

Besides, there's plenty more they can do with the series before ending it; it would be foolish to stop now.

Although it will most likely end eventually. Everything comes to an end.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I can't imagine it will end any time soon. Zelda Wii will be the series 16th game, not counting all of the spinoffs and cameo titles. Franchises these days seem to hit 2 or 3 titles and pitter out. I think it would be foolish of Nintendo to pull the plug on one of their major franchises.

Granted, over time they will start to run out of ideas, or they will become more and more recycled, but I think the series will go on for some time. The games might become more spread out as technology gets more advanced (ie - more development time), but again, they will go on.

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
I don't think it could be the last game. No way, the Zelda games have been to popular and bring in to much money for Nintendo to end it just like that. If the next two games do poorly, maybe there might be a chance they'll end it soon. But I'd think they'd just take a brake for awhile. Or find new management for the series

zeldatwilight said:
but I think i recall someone saying that ZW will be the last game. (I dont remember who said that, if anyone).
That could mean a lot of things, last game in the OOT game style/game play, last game on the Wii, last game for a certain team member to be working on. Last game piecing together the timelines of the old games, and the next games will be in their own? Might just mean that the next game will be something entirely new, no OOT no WW theme.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
As everyone else has said, I really don't see the series coming to a close soon, even with more technologies such as larger storage mediums and more advanced graphic rendering computers, there will actually be more ways for the series to advance such as larger levels, more challenging puzzles, more dungeons, orchestrated music, better effects, more time to tell the story, etc. Now, do I anticipate the series coming to a finale? No. Of course not. Why do you think I'm writing in here?

Besides, if they're going to finish the series, then Nintendo has made a poor choice. The Legend of Zelda makes millions of dollars with each release as more and more people decide to join the adventure known as that awesome series. Now, there are some series I wouldn't mind Nintendo closing down at this point, but Legend of Zelda, Mario, etc., are quite important. As we have the Blu-Ray disc and all that stuff, like I've said, storage mediums are peaking to their max.

L

Luminary

Nah.

This will could be the last Zelda on the Wii, depending on its life cycle. But there will, I say that as a fact, be a Zelda on the next Nintendo console.

As for the handheld games, they are being made at a steady rate. Fast even! So a few more on the DS and the handheld after that.

If Nintendo gets a better reign on Wiiware, I think there could even be a straight to Wiiware Zelda. :D

Dungeon killer

Dungeon's Shall Fall!
No way, if that were to be the last zelda I would hate nintendo for making that choice, I ,mean if they did that I would go crazy and would never buy another nintendo product again I can't live without zelda.:mad:

Link Master

The Hero's Master
I sure hope not The Legend of Zelda is my favorite game series. I think what you might be thinking about is I think someone said Twilight Princess is the last Zelda game I hope they came back because there were a lot of Zelda fans. Either way I hop Zelda Wii is not the last Zelda game.

NoRush

Soldier, Royal Family
I don't think Zelda will come to an end until all the mysteries are resolved or answered. Timelines, charachers lifes, stories, and relationships, prophecies fulfilled. All questions will be answered through new games, and although some new questions arise as well with new games, the series won't come to an end until all questions are answered.

No, absolutely not. The series has raked in tons of cash for Nintendo, and it keeps getting better for them. They got tons of new people hooked with TP, and since Zelda Wii will have the same style apparently, they'll probably get even more money and fans off this one. More success, and the series will continue. Only when a single game just completely flops will Nintendo might even consider giving it a grand finale, but I see that nowhere in the near/far future. It would be like putting an end to Mario; it just won't happen because of how much good it's done for the company so far.

As long as Nintendo can make money off of the Zelda series then they will keep making Zelda games.
Zelda fans have nothing to worry about as long as we keep buying there Zelda games.
I'm surprised that some people would ever think that Nintendo would end the Zelda series, I believe that it's there second best selling franchise after Mario.

T

travisback

o% chance of that happening. Theres so much that they can still cover, and they still have some great ideas for the game anyways.

F

F618

It cant be the last one. I think that the legend of zelda only stops when Nintendo stops. If it is the last one, i would be really mad. The Zelda games are to good to stop in 2010.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom