• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda What-Ifs

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Actually, ALttP had the first incarnation of what would become the Hylian Shield.
d4j0uzm-aefd42ec-ee34-4b10-8d7f-3d3da648b1f7.png

The design was changed quite a bit going into Ocarina, but this was the first.
------
Concerning the actual question, no. The color of Link's loftwing means essentially nothing for the game or series.

The Hylian Shield's design existed far before SS was even thought of. The red color for the bird is more than likely something Nintendo thought would be neat to add to tie the two together, if they even gave it that much thought.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Well guys, it's been a week! Discussion on the previous question is now closed, unless there's something you really want to add!

I think the basic conclusion was that the "ultra rare and super special" color of Link's bird is not relevant to anything ever. Shock gasp! Anyway, here is something a little less goofy (at least it's not intended to be who knows where this convo will go) also be aware of possible ALBW spoilers:

What if Yuga was tricked in ALBW, and didn't know that Ganon was a giant pig monster? Perhaps if Hilda tricked him into thinking it Ganon was something beautiful and he foolishly believed her.

Uwu_Oocoo2

ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
mmm, it'd make yuga more like a zant type character, which would feel bad. I like yuga the way he is. He's a colorful character
Is that a Yuga painting joke? Anyway, I agree that Yuga is an interesting character as he is, just one of the things that struck me as odd in the game was his fulfilling his desire for beauty by merging with a giant blue pig. I guess everyone has a different idea of beauty, but that's kinda weird.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Well guys, it's been a week! Discussion on the previous question is now closed, unless there's something you really want to add!

I think the basic conclusion was that the "ultra rare and super special" color of Link's bird is not relevant to anything ever. Shock gasp! Anyway, here is something a little less goofy (at least it's not intended to be who knows where this convo will go) also be aware of possible ALBW spoilers:

What if Yuga was tricked in ALBW, and didn't know that Ganon was a giant pig monster? Perhaps if Hilda tricked him into thinking it Ganon was something beautiful and he foolishly believed her.
I mean, not a whole lot.

Yuga suffers from the typical issue that Zelda villains suffer from: he's never developed and his motivations never venture beyond grr-I'm-evil. Even if he were a morally good character who was being manipulated, the narrative doesn't pay enough attention to him to evoke any sort of significant change.

Last edited:

Uwu_Oocoo2

ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer

FINALLY Friday! We're starting up an exciting new week, and an exciting new What-If to ponder (watch out for SS spoilers)-

What if the 3 goddesses created the "curse"? When Demise casts his curse at the end of SS about the descendant of the goddess and spirit of the hero returning to fight a great evil, it almost sounds as though it was a preexisting cycle. So maybe it was the goddesses that created it (and yes, I know I have no evidence, that's why this is a what-if to speculate about- use your imagination!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom