• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda What-Ifs

I've always assumed this, that they at least conjured his body from magic. This may be similar to how Twinrova sacrifices themselves in the Oracle games to rebirth Beast Ganon. There's some blood magic shenanigans going on with Ganon's resurrections, and so there may have been some in his creation.

It's actually a minor piece of the linear timeline theory, because we never see Ganondorf's father. This brings up the larger question of how do mixed-race Gerudo-Hylians become fully Gerudo?

I had a cool what-if scenario!

What if the running man in OoT received the Triforce of courage instead of Link. Link would fail his quest, but the running man would be able to escape Ganon's evil so he could send word to another kingdom. :suspicious: The running man could wield the triforce of courage, imho. We see him boldly running through hyrule with his slow ass self at night when stalfos are out. The guy is a beast, and just like link, runs fast with the bunny hood. I think he could do it.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I've always assumed this, that they at least conjured his body from magic. This may be similar to how Twinrova sacrifices themselves in the Oracle games to rebirth Beast Ganon. There's some blood magic shenanigans going on with Ganon's resurrections, and so there may have been some in his creation.

It's actually a minor piece of the linear timeline theory, because we never see Ganondorf's father. This brings up the larger question of how do mixed-race Gerudo-Hylians become fully Gerudo?
I like what you mentioned about the ressurections, it makes me think of FSA where Ganondorf is "reborn". It could be that Twinrova decided to just go ahead and make themselves a new Ganon since th old one got a little dead. As for the Gerudo-Hylian question, perhaps gerudo genetic traits are dominant over Hylian ones. Obviously all the inter-species mingling is having some effect, considering how in botw they have pointed ears when they didnt in previous games.

I had a cool what-if scenario!

What if the running man in OoT received the Triforce of courage instead of Link. Link would fail his quest, but the running man would be able to escape Ganon's evil so he could send word to another kingdom. :suspicious: The running man could wield the triforce of courage, imho. We see him boldly running through hyrule with his slow ass self at night when stalfos are out. The guy is a beast, and just like link, runs fast with the bunny hood. I think he could do it.
This is an interesting concept! That dude is very diligent, I definately think he could get through all of the trials involved. He could probably do it better than some random kid who won't even get out of bed. If there's ever a week where I can't think of a prompt I might ping you for some ideas, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Uwu_Oocoo2

ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Well guys, it's been a week! Discussion on the previous question is now closed, unless there's something you really want to add!

Time for week two!

What if Uwu actually thought of what ifs more than 5 minutes before posting them?
Okay, maybe not. For reals this time-
What if the champions had survived the calamity?

We kind of saw this in Age of Calamity, but that also allowed them to get control of the Divine Beasts. If they were able to escape, Zelda still would have been able to seal Ganon and the Divine Beasts would have been powered down.

Thus, Urbosa would go back to leading her people, and potentially have kids. This would mean that, while Urbosa would be dead, Riju wouldn't be the chief by the time Link woke up, one who was possibly more competent than Riju and would have prevented the Thunder Helm from being stolen from Gerudo Town.

Revali would have returned to Rito Village, and I would suspect a decent amount of Rito nationalism to take hold (I'm actually surprised that there wasn't as much Rito nationalism in the present day, I would have expected it to be more like the Zora). Kaneli would still be in charge of the village, but there would be a much more skilled Rito army as Revali could have taught his techniques to the Rito.

Mipha would be alive and well, which would have probably led to the Zora having less nationalism. The Zora could have helped the Hylians rebuild Hateno or flesh out the Akkala region, something they likely didn't do because elders like Seggo and Muzu were so distraught at Mipha's death. It is also highly likely that Mipha and Link would have married in the present day.

Daruk would have returned to Goron City. I'm not sure if much would be different, Bludo probably would have founded the Goron Mining Company and their society would have been pretty much the same. Daruk would have gotten to meet Yunobo in person before dying.

What if the skull kid found the fierce deity mask instead of majora's mask? How would Link defeat his immortal incarnate? Would he use Majora's mask during his quest? Would it even be Link to challenge this quest? :suspicious:

Uwu_Oocoo2

ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Well guys, it's been a week! Discussion on the previous question is now closed, unless there's something you really want to add!

Sorry I missed last week, I wasn't feeling well. Gave you guys some more time to contemplate thta last prompt, eh? (Also thanks @GZ Zelda for responding, I liked your points!) Now it's time for something new to consider.

What if the next game were to retcon one of the series' sages still being alive, even after however many thousands of years? Who would you like to see return?

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend

Sorry I missed last week, I wasn't feeling well. Gave you guys some more time to contemplate thta last prompt, eh? (Also thanks @GZ Zelda for responding, I liked your points!) Now it's time for something new to consider.

What if the next game were to retcon one of the series' sages still being alive, even after however many thousands of years? Who would you like to see return?
I'd probably bring Saria back into the fold.

Were I writing her (and perhaps including her in the grimmer setting I put too much time into on page one), I'd write Saria as a wizened creature more plant than person. She's lived for hundreds of years since the death of the Hero of Time and will likely live for hundreds more. Her skin is rough and bark-like, her eyes solid black. She's seen the Link rise and fall many, many times. She's watched Ganon be driven back time and time again. She would be a forlorn guide to the protagonist. A haunted figure who alludes to a greater role than she lets on. Perhaps she, knowing what she does and living the long life she has, worked behind the scenes to engineer events.

So, yeh. She'd pretty much be a Dark Souls character.

Last edited:

Uwu_Oocoo2

ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
This is a kind of random/obscure, but I would probably pick the water sage Ganondorf killed before TP. As far as sages go, the TP one aren't very interesting. I much prefer people like Saria, Darunia, Gulley, etc. But there's a lot we don't know about the TP guys, and I'd like a chance to learn more. Plus we only see him dissolve into energy, it's more plausible thta he's not dead.

I really really want the ALBW sages in a 3d game (if I had to choose one I'd pick Irene (or was it Iris?) The one that makes the most sense is Rauru tho.

I guess it would also be cool if a past Impa trained a future Impa like the Hero's Shade in TP, considering she is as caught in this twisted curse as everyone else.

Uwu_Oocoo2

ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Well guys, it's been (over) a week! Discussion on the previous question is now closed, unless there's something you really want to add!

Sorry, I keep forgetting to post here. Beginning to think I should rename this thread "Occasional Zelda What-ifs" :suspicious:

What if Phantom Hourglass didn't have the Temple of the Ocean King? How would that affect your opinion of the game?

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
I would say I’d look back at it as a better game than I do now; however, I feel it would make the game much less memorable (especially considering Spirit Tracks). I feel like the Temple helps me differentiate it from other handheld games a bit more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom