• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda What-Ifs

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
At the very least, it's an odd contrast to take a character's personality and have it do a 180 midway through the story. It simply makes no sense.
Not when you consider my headcanon that she was realizing her destiny as Zelda. Yeah yeah, it's just a headcanon with no proven fact but that's the idea.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Sarcasm aside, I was more referring to how she just sits doing nothing until the end of the game. Why not have her travel with Link in a team to tackle the later dungeons of the game? That would've been interesting.
Something something player avatar something.

Last edited:

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Sarcasm aside, I was more referring to how she just sits doing nothing until the end of the game. Why not have her travel with Link in a team to tackle the later dungeons of the game? That would've been interesting.
More interesting than a couple of random sages because the master sword is randomly underpowered fsr.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
The sages needed to awaken...

Are we just gonna ignore how I explained how the game shows her personality doesnt change
Please come on

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Zelda What-Ifs? more like What IF Zelda Had A Good Story
basically what the thread has become
LOL, you have a point. I think the idea I kind of got from the 6 pages I skimmed through was that Zelda has a good formula, but it doesn't always work. We're glad the games hold on to some things, but things like the character and story depth could use a little work. By killing of Ilia (which was the original prompt that jump started all of this) if done right could actually help to develop Link as a character rather than a blank face with no motivation. But if done wrong, it could just be another of the series' catalyst to get Link to obtain the Master Sword- the equivalent of needing to rescue his sister in WW or to protect Zelda in OoT. In other words, not more depth, simply a different approach. TP wouldn't have much changed except it was "I need to save Ordon" to "I need to avenge Ilia" and no more character growth. For it to have more meaning Nintendo would have to invest more into Link being a person with thoughts and feeling. Which he does already, just not as much as some would like to see.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Well guys, it's been a week! Discussion on the previous question is now closed, unless there's something you really want to add!

Man, this thread it a bit slow. Ah well, guess that means I need more interesting what-ifs! Here's this week's prompt:
What if the Ilia had died in TP? Would that make the game darker, or would it just seem like Nintendo was trying to force story depth?
I doubt it would change much. I hardly remember much Ilia did in the later parts of the game, and killing her off wouldn't seem much different. All it would do would be to change Link's motivation from saving her to avenging her and carry that motivation all the way until the end of the story rather than us saving Ilia then transitioning to saving Zelda. Would it make Link's motivation slightly more unique/interesting and darker? Yes, but I doubt it would do much besides that. Zelda has never been a particularly character-driven series like some others are. While I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing, I can see how BOTW attempted to deepen the characters a bit and I appreciate that. BOTW would be much better when it comes to the "avenging the dead" motivation just because the Champions were given a wee bit more depth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom