• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda The Ghost

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
Nice theories guys, I agree. Zelda may indeed be a spirit guide for Link, i mean a spirit "haunting/following" another person is a very common theme in eastern culture (example... tv shows like deathnote, shaman king etc) anyway back on track lol there is the possibility that zelda's "spirit" has the ability to inhabit the phantom suit of armor.

im gunna go out on a limb and say this is possible because the link and zelda before them had the journey that was PH so there is a connection between the phantom and zelda... maybe. They did say that there would be some references to PH in ST, like with the new figurines Link is shown with a hourglass by his feet. he also seems to have the same sword.

anyway i just think Zelda sitting on top of a moving steam engine is out of place and there must be an explanation. either Link is going very slow and all of castle hyrule is holding their breath and praying to the three goddesses that there princess doesn't fall off and hurt herself or she is using some ability to be there with Link. :zelda:

Well, first off, I'm not necessarily sure that the pale color of Zelda means anything. It is a little odd, though. It also seems like, from the trailers (and that box art) that Zelda may have more involvement in this game, so it's possible.

I suppose I agree with her being Link's companion for the game. That's very possible. I don't think she could be possessing the Phantom, because Phantoms have appeared in a previous game (Phantom Hourglass).

I think there's definitely going to be some interesting aspects to the plot this time around. Perhaps involving the Phantom, ghostly tracks, and a disembodied spirit Zelda. It's likely to all be connected, I think.

By the way, do you think the tracks are actually ghostly or supernatural, or just normal tracks? I think it's possible, as apparently we're going to be able to lay our own. Maybe we'll get some trippy spirit-world stuff in this game. :xd:

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
*GASP* I JUST FIGURED SOMETHING OUT YOU'RE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE THIS!!!! I THINK ZELDA IS GOING TO BE IN A STASIS (you know Shadsie explained it) OR POSSIBLY IN A COMA OR SOMETHING AND SHE POSSESSES A SUIT OF ARMOR CREATING THE PHANTOM!!

This is what I stated in a different thread a few days ago. I don't think she's a ghost, but rather a spirit (hence the title). She becomes separated from her body and the objective of the adventure is to get her back to her complete form.

So, when we see her in the trailer, it could be that she is whole because the adventure is just beginning. Link's in his conductor's outfit, not his green tunic and she appears to be whole.

Something happens, and our main bad guy splits Zelda from her body and 'kidnaps' it. That, or it's laying in rest like in AoL and they will need magic stones or something (probably a red one, a blue one and a green one!) to get her back in her true form.

Until then, she helps out Link by posessing the ancient suits of Phantom armour that lie dormant in the dungeons. She might have something to do with the train as well, but it's probably more likely that she's just controlling the armour.

Dungeon killer

Dungeon's Shall Fall!
*GASP* I JUST FIGURED SOMETHING OUT YOU'RE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE THIS!!!! I THINK ZELDA IS GOING TO BE IN A STASIS (you know Shadsie explained it) OR POSSIBLY IN A COMA OR SOMETHING AND SHE POSSESSES A SUIT OF ARMOR CREATING THE PHANTOM!!

I don't think that is quite it , but the idea of zelda becoming your sidekick in action would be cool! Imagine zelda killing ganon with the master sword.:zelda::mastersword::ganondorf:
:lol:

Gohma

Mmmmmmmmmh... BOMBS
Zelda could be comunicating with Link using telepathy or something like that, where she would look like a "ghost". (Like Star Wars's holograms..)

But I don't think it's that...

She is oddly pale for box-art, I'll admit that. One would think for a major character they would emphasize her more. Yet, the Spirit Zelda theory doesn't line up with the obviously alive-and-solid Zelda in the trailer, so I would argue she's alive. :P

I agree with Shadsie that she may be "asleep" or something like that. Or maybe it could be the spirit of a different Zelda from an older age? Whatever the reason is, it still is fun to speculate over what could be nothing. :)

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
If you check out the new PGN file of the box art that Mases has posted in the Site News sub-forum, you can really get a good look at the image now. Zelda is definitely not quite opaque, so I think it's probably safe to say that she is a part of (if not all of) the spirit in Spirit Tracks. She's got a slight tinge of a blue aura about her.

Since it's an Everyone rated game (or at least I assume it will be based on PH's rating) Zelda is most likely just separated from her body, and isn't actually a dead spirit.

Alex_Da_Great

Dark Link is here...
Okay, so I still don't believe that Zelda will be any type of spirit or ghost. Look at the UK commercial:

here.

As you can see, Zelda is ALIVE and BREATHING! :P

Gohma

Mmmmmmmmmh... BOMBS
Maybe she'll become a "spirit" later, look how Link tries to protect her from that "monster".
Maybe it's the main villain who will kill her, or at least change her into a spirit...

Or maybe it's a way to communicate with Link, since I don't see any fairy and I don't think the Phantom can talk...
Didn't you notice he lacks a partner in ST?
His new partner would be Zelda in that case... Sounds cool to me :)

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
sweeet i was totally the one to call that zelda would be possessing the phantoms armor!!! hail to the king baby! just letting you all know that my theories are sic!

I was just on IGN, and just a little interesting detail I noticed which I thought was cool.

Uh, spoilers I guess? (Even though this thread has already posted them)

Just wanted to be safe. Don't think I needed the spoiler warning, but oh well. >_>

Anyway, as we all know now, Zelda is the Phantom. What I found interesting is that on the back of the Phantom's back when Zelda's in it, you can see the crest of Hyrule!

the-legend-of-zelda-spirit-tracks-20091105045118907.jpg

Thought it was a neat little detail.

Donno if this is exactly on topic, but this was the best place I could to post this. ><

K

Kokirikid

LOL I thought it was kind of funny when the phantom zelda screamed at the rat. Just thought I'd say that I thought it was a nice touch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom