• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Switch: land, sea or air?

Horses, birds, boats, trains and even motorbikes... Link has done it all when it comes to getting around.

Some have been more fun than others though and the notion of travelling through an overworld can be a complete a turn off just as much as it can be an exciting one... depending on how you're doing it.

So which method of travel would you like to see featured in Zelda Switch?

Would you like to return to an ocean-based overworld and set sail again?

Would you like something more modern and use trains and bikes?

Are horses your top pick or would you like a more vertical world where flying is the preferred method?

Ninja

Well well well
Give me all three and more.

All of these ideas would be great in the next game, however an idea for that is that they would be restricted to just to those specific areas of the game.

Water areas method of travel would be restricted to swimming, sailing, etc. Areas of mass land would be restricted to horses, trains, bicycle from GTA San Andreas, etc.

Flying mechanic would be very interesting. I'd love to see loftwings return in some form and offer a way to travel to areas of the game, but it has to be done where you cant just use it as a shortcut to bypass story requirements.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
As @Ninja said, give us all three and more. In an open world, we should be able to access all three forms freely as needed or desired. A flying mount would be tricky though, because people can easily use it to avoid having to go through the world. So if there isn’t a way to handle that in a way that prevents that, I’d rather they not bother with it. But being able to sail around in an oceanic area as desired would be cool. Land mounts are kind of expected, but including more modern types would be welcome instead of only horses.

Loftwings get tired, so a stamina gauge could help restrict flying all over the world. Also they could implement temperature/terrain/elevation limitations as well. Or maybe late in the game you get control of an airship

I've said it before, and I'll repeat it here: The best way to balance flight is to make areas where it doesn't help you.

If they make another game that uses the vast overworld design emphasis like Breath of the Wild did, there needs to be deep caves that you can also explore. I really, REALLY loved that whole Pitch Black mechanic, but they only ever use it twice. Once in Typhlo Ruins and again in the first segment of Vah Rudania. Oh how I would have loved for them to make lots of explorable caves all over the place. Bonus, if you're worried about the player stockpiling too many strong weapons, then giving them a valuable reason to occupy one of those slots with a torch or two for exploring caves is a great way to balance that out.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
As said, I'd love all of them. Go sailing over to a train that takes you to a Rent-a-Loftwing or something. I would love to be able to do a "choose your path" kind of thing where you choose which route and style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom