• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda, optimism and the Switch

I'm not very optimistic, especially when it comes to Nintendo, but recently the big N have been very exciting.

I've been hearing a lot of rumours about Grezzo working on a Zelda, BotW was a launch title so there's a good chance the Switch may get its own unique Zelda before the next console comes around and shares the Switch's swansong title.

This has got me wondering how many Zelda titles we will actually see on Switch...

Now, I mentioned optimism... I think there may be at least five/six Zelda titles on Switch!

1. Breath of the Wild
2. Grezzo Zelda
3. Skyward Sword HD *sigh*
4. 2D Zelda (RIP 3DS)
5. Zelda Switch
6. Shared Switch successor Zelda

(Number six might be a bit of a reach.)

I'm not often optimistic but Nintendo want Switch to have at least a seven year life cycle and I havent mentioned perhaps a potential Hyrule Warriors port (with added BotW characters, please Nintendo for the love of god give me a game with Urbosa and sexy HW Impa in the same game!...) and any other potential outsourcing.

What do you think?

Given the instant success of the Switch how many Zelda titles do you think we'll see?

Last edited:

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I'd love to see a SS HD. I'm sure that is a goal of Nintendo.

I'm also sure that they are going to make some new 2d Zelda game sometime (Maybe linear, maybe not), and I'm sure the Switch will be around for that.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Well I think all bets are off when it comes to the Big N now. They've really shown a 180 turn around from their Wii/U misadventures. It remains to be seen whether they can continue this momentum or if this recent bout of competence is indicative of them finally getting with the 21st century. As such, I won't hold out hope for them yet. As per my Is Xenoblade 2 Worth A Switch thread, I'm reluctant to shell out for a Switch only for Ninty to cr@p their bed and check out again.

But for the first time in a long time, the Big N looks like it's finally getting with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom