• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ZELDA MMO (Massively Multiplayer Online)

Would you play a Zelda MMO?

  • Yes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters


Version 1
Apr 6, 2011
The Turnabout
Looking at your ideas, I always thought a Zelda MMO would be pretty awesome! The ideas are really in-depth, and it would be awesome to see them put into action! I was actually thinking of some ideas myself! I was thinking of two factions. It would be fun to play as evil races, like Moblins or a Stalfos. (You already posted Gerudo).


Jul 17, 2011
District Four; Panem
I would play if you took out the tycoon/trade stuff, could kill in the overworld, and had a special dungeon hidden in the lost woods that you had to work together with someone to complete.


Who needs a shield?
Jul 27, 2011
This would be an excellent idea!
If it wasn't Zelda :P

Where would this game go on the timeline, anyways?
Last edited:


It would be a really neat idea, and I would definitely play it, but I see one or two problems that will keep it from ever happening.

I'm looking to World of Warcraft and how it has affected the Warcraft franchise.

After WoW came out and blew up into the most successful MMO ever Blizzard went from being a strong, multi-franchise, developer to being a developer that is 95% dedicated to supporting just one game (and the other 5% focused on a few side-projects). Nintendo would have to pump so many resources into properly supporting an MMO that either it would have to be spun-off into it's own division/company or it would consume nearly all of Nintendo.

Since WoW was released there have been no new Warcraft games (expansion packs don't count). WoW has completely consumed the entire Warcraft franchise. Obviously, I can't see into the future and neither can anyone else, but I think most reasonable people can foresee the end of WoW's life cycle will be: WoW will go until it has jumped the shark and has been completely dragged into the ground. After that eveyone will be so burned out on Warcraft that it will be very likely that there will never be another Warcraft game ever made. I don't want to see the Zelda franchise get stalled or killed by one single MMO.

Now, all that being said... I think a non-canon MMO based on Super Smash Bros would be brilliant!

***** This was supposed to be a second post

A neat idea that could be impleneted as well, that would be somethign different than I've seen with a lot of other MMOs, would be to have players choose a faction (which is independent of race or class, and race/class combination could be any faction) that go back and forth between allying and waring against each other based the story of each quest chain.

Desciples of Wisdom
Patron Deity - Nayru
Believes in Diplomacy. Subscribing to a philosophy of pacifism, Desciples of Wisdom prefer to talk problems out and saves violence as a last resort.

Desciples of Courage
Patron Deity - Farore
Believes in Justice. Desciples of Courage believe in defending the weak, they tend to evaluate each situation they find and go with their gut instinct to decide what is right and wrong.

Desciples of Power
Patron Deity - Din
Believes in Power. Desciples of Power believe might makes right. If someone weaker than them has something they want they want Desciples of Power will fight to get it.

Desciples of Chaos
Patron Deity - Majora
Believes in Freedom. Desciples of Chaos believe all people should be free to find their own destiny and resist any form of tyranny, authority, or organized government.
Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 2, 2011
I think the best refference for ideas for a zelda mmo (and i might get crap for this) will be star wars galaxies...the reason being is that though the gameplay ws changed and frowned apon, everything else wasnt, creating your own community (with houses, stores, entertainement etc..) being able to choose a class that doesnt involve violence, (cooking, crafting, dancing, buffing etc..) Thats the kind of stuff a Zelda MMO would thrive on, given the many races and lifestyles of each race
Jun 24, 2011
I don't think it's a good idea. Zelda was always meant to be a one-player action/adventure game. The story has always centered on a single hero of legendary status. I don't really like the idea of turning Zelda into World of Warcraft. I might play it just because it would be a Zelda game, but I would not forgive Nintendo for a really long time. It'd be better if it was a fan made game but NOT done by Nintendo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom