• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Majoras Mask 3Ds Versus Zelda A Link To The Past 3Ds Remake

Wich Game?

• Majora's Mask!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Link to the Past!

• WHO CARES!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Drahsid

~Deku Drahsid~ | The Hero
I Am Curious on what every one else thinks.

I'd Vote For Majora's Mask.
The only reason to remake alttp is all its gliches.
like -
- boomerang around the world
- infanent charge
- mega speed
- golden knights
- jump off certan walls
- Hidden golden master sword

and others >.>

What do you think?

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
bfxag.png

Seriously, though, I don't care. Either. Neither. New game. I'm fine any way.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'd be happy with any release, however, I do prefer Majora's Mask 3D over that of ALttP3D. In other words, I want MM3D first. Now, you might be asking me "why" and the answer to that question is "because OoT3D". I find Ocarina3D to be like...breathtaking in its visuals and I can only imagine and fangasm at the thought of Termina in that sexy art style that OoT3D utilizes. I just, I can't.

I don't want either game released. At least not yet. Newer games always reap more profit. Remakes are primarily intended for a younger audience who wasn't exposed to the original title and therefore attract less fans whereas new games feature a world unexplored by any enthusiast and will attract them by the millions. I'd like for Nintendo to follow a similar strategy as with Super Mario games on the 3DS, in other words focus on the new while subtly reminiscing upon the old. If you insist I select one of these options, however, I'd choose Majora's Mask. It seems only logical after ooT 3D. Also, ALttP already has a portable version with its GBA port.

I voted A Link to the Past 3D because it would mostly involve something we hadn't seen before. A Link to the Past has been re-released as many times as Majora's Mask, but the game is still generally viewed as older, and it's probably harder to obtain anyway. If we're talking full 3D (as in Ocarina of Time 3D), then I definitely want to see it. I haven't played A Link to the Past yet, but I imagine it would be incredible to see the game with the first use of the modern Zelda formula turned into three dimensions.

But as many have said, I'm not big on either, and I (like Axle) would prefer that development teams create completely original games rather than remakes unless there is a very good reason for remaking something. I have not played Ocarina of Time 3D myself; I do own Star Fox 64 3D if that helps, and I've heard a lot about the former and seen gameplay videos. Ocarina of Time 3D received such high scores because the game it was based on was so legendary, but not, I believe, because of the innovations the remake presented. Playing SF64 3D (which arguably improved on its first form more than OoT 3D did) gave me the impression that even remakes of legendary games can't always survive on their own merits without featuring several new things to turn it into a newer, better experience. OoT 3D had much better graphics and a small number of interesting features, but from everything I've seen and heard, the actual game is largely the same as the original.

All this is to say that I'm open and even somewhat wanting of either sequel, but I'm not big on Nintendo spending the time and money on things we've already seen before without darn good reasons. Rather than remakes, perhaps Grezzo could make side-games along the lines of Link's Crossbow Training, or better yet, a line of Zelda games that explores another genre (so long as the core gameplay is kept intact). I suppose you could call me an Axle the Beast that supports Operation Moonfall, if that makes any sense whatsoever. I generally support it, but only if Nintendo does something really new to refresh the game. Otherwise, it's Majora's Mask with a shinier coat of stereoscopic paint.

For a long time I have always wanted to see Majora's mask on the 3DS and I hope it does. I've never really cared for A Link to the Past, so I don't particularly want it to be remade in the same fashion of Ocarina of Time 3D. I will be more satisfied with a 3D Classic of A Link to the Past to be honest.

I think Majora's Mask would be better. A Link To The Past would be a lot of trouble to remake into 3d, unless they didnt change the graphics completely. MM would suit the 3DS better, although I'm up for either, I think I would enjoy MM more in portable, 3D form.

Lord Carlisle

He Who Shall Not be Named
I'd say make Majora's Mask. Some new Zelda fans were gained from OOT3D... Heck, I'M one of them! And honestly, I'd rather see Majora's Mask come. I mean, it only makes sense after releasing OOT that its sequel should come next.

Also, I believe MM may finally have some of the appreciation it deserves. It won't be overshadowed by the whole, "OH MY GOD, 3D ZELDA" (Wait, that was the case with OOT3D still...). Or the effect won't be as strong anyway.

Definitly MM3D
Partially because I haven't played it yet, and I am not very fond of ALTTP so far.
but if you're going to remake a game in 3D, it doesn't make much sence for it to be an originally 2D game. ALTTP also already has been rereleased on GBA, whereas MM has only been rereleased once on the collector's disc for NGC, apart from the VC release for both of them, but not all fans can connect to the internet. And (like other people have said) It just makes much more sense for MM3D to become a reality, since OoT already is one (and they originally used the same engine and everything)

I want a new game... Any remakes should come after that...

And that is what will happen. Aonuma made it very clear that he want's to make a new game before a remake. I don't think anyone is demanding a remake next, just the Zelda game they want remade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom