• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Fan Game - A Long Work in Progress

I figured I'd show off a little project that I have been working on...

adventureoflinksequel_preview04.png

adventureoflinksequel_preview01.png

You can view the rest of the details here.

L

Luminary

This does look good! Can you answer us all a few questions? [which is in itself a question...]

Will there be race besides Hylians, such as Gorons?

Will it have a lot of plot and dialog, or is it more a hack 'n' slash? Either is fine by the way!

Lastly, how are you making this game, is this made in Zelda Classic, or perhaps Yoyo Game's GameMaker?

Oh, and one more thing from me, have you considered recolouring some things in the game? PC's don't have the limited colour scheme the old consoles had.

This does look good! Can you answer us all a few questions? [which is in itself a question...]

Will there be race besides Hylians, such as Gorons?

Will it have a lot of plot and dialog, or is it more a hack 'n' slash? Either is fine by the way!

Lastly, how are you making this game, is this made in Zelda Classic, or perhaps Yoyo Game's GameMaker?

Oh, and one more thing from me, have you considered recolouring some things in the game? PC's don't have the limited colour scheme the old consoles had.

It's a sequel to the Adventure of Link, so only Hylians. Yes it has a story, which will be revealed later. Iam coding the game with GMC, which is similar to C++ but is done via Game Maker (the advanced mode with the pro edition). The colors are only 16 bit really, so no re coloring would be needed.

Kazumi

chagy
Very interesting. I love fan games, especially when they are good. And one that follows up Adventure's of Link is quite interesting. As it is one of my very favourite games, and it is always neglected, especially when it comes to fan games and fan fiction. I hope that you follow through with your project, but so far it looks like so have been. Good luck, and I will surely play it when you finish.

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the feedback. I will try and release the demo sooner than expected because of this!

And like with every project, I am willing for a bit of help. Mainly just anyone that is awesome with custom sprites (for quality, just view the screens). I am writing/designing everything, which is the main reason why its such a slow project (due to keeping tabs on the main site itself and updating Db Legends).

Speaking of which, I would love to find an awesome artist to create artwork for this game. And remember credit will always be given, not only in game but on the site as well. I'd prefer someone that knows their way around drawing AoL styled Link (seeing as its a sequel to that game, with the same Link).

Looks really good to me. How is it coming up and when is promised demo popping up for download? Wishing you luck with this project. Cheers.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
looks really good tell me when it is finished. I think it looks great now i just need to beat Zelda 2 so that i know its plot first. Well i know the plot just havent beaten the game

Q

Quazaar

It looks cool... I'm actually working on a game in the same style.

P

paulpeter

Fairly nice engine and stuff, seems to have improved a lot. It took me a while to figure out that I was holding a shield, its not so evident when it has a massive pixel blocks while your sword is lined with nice small crisp pixels.I think I'd enjoy it if the character's speed was slightly increased, seems a bit sluggish at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom