• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Zelda DLC and Expansions

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
At the very least it sounds like $20 covers the whole thing like the way HWL did it, so that's a good thing. But still, that could have just as easily been post-game content..... At least it's something to look forward to later, but that's just more money to burn on top of everything else....

I ****ing hate DLC. It feels tacky and cheap, things shaved off or taken out of the main game just for some extra money. I know DLC can add longevity to a game but BoTW looks big enough already. More Zelda may be good Zelda but this game already has a high install price for me. £50 game, £270 console, £65 pro controller, £50+ for amiibo and now £17.99 for the expansion. Jeez.

Plus WWhd and TPhd have hard modes in them to start with why do i have to pay extra for it in BoTW? Why isnt the new dungeon and story just post game? What will the Bokoblin and Guardian amiibos do now that we have the hard mode as part of the expansion, i thought they'd work like the Ganondorf amiibo in TPhd.

Plus, the additional clothing is the exact kind of tacky crap that i dont want in Zelda. A Switch logo shirt just makes me cringe!

Last edited:

rob1610

Triple A Gamer
I'd be more excited if it had better stuff in it. I mean, Hard Mode should already be in the game, I never thought Nintendo would do cheap clothing DLC (my least favourite kind of DLC) and only 1 new dungeon? At least that's a decent price...

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
Plus, the additional clothing is the exact kind of tacky crap that i dont want in Zelda. A Switch logo shirt just makes me cringe!

Huh???!! Where was it confirmed that the additional clothing was a Switch Logo Shirt???!! I'm confused! I don't think it would make any sense to spend money for additional clothing, expecting the green tunic, just to be trolled with nothing but a Switch Logo Shirt. So yes, that would be cringing! But I didn't see it confirmed anywhere that that was the additional clothing. You're clearly just assuming things, based on the Switch hype. In other words, it's not confirmed. So you shouldn't treat such an assumption as fact. It just says additional clothing, it could be anything.

Anyways, I'm actually hyped that we're at least getting something Zelda related later this year, rather than nothing at all. I look forward to hearing more about the DLC at E3. So I'm excited for BotW being at E3 again. Even though it's for the DLC. And with this DLC, that means there is a chance we might see BotW at GDC as well, since Nintendo did confirm that they have a presence at GDC this year. I'm super excited about this game right now. :)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Nintendo's got me ****ed up! Nintendo's got me ****ed up for real. And I was just joking about the day one loadiine piracy thing, but ****, I am NOT giving them my money for this ****. No, you're going to ****ing sell a LITERAL DIFFICULTY MODE? I can take a new story and a new dungeon, but a LITERAL DIFFICULTY MODE? Heeeeell NO.

Nintendo you ****en changed! Going the Ubisoft route I can feel it already. I ain't buying BOTW, **** that ****, that's insane.

Great, so I'll be buying another Zelda game that's incomplete. They're already going to make a ****ton of money off the Switch sales and Zelda for Wii U and Switch alone, and now they want to milk us for more money? Nintendo used to be better than this :(

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Look, my initial reaction was that Nintendo's got me ****ed up but all things considered, there is nothing wrong with this. The problem is their ****ing timing. If they announced this a few months after BOTW release, then it would be perfectly fine.

Scribear

Your Best Friend (rupee free)

Yeah. I'll buy it.

:)

EDIT: I am assuming this will be available for the Wii U and not just Switch version...

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
I'm ok with this. It feels a little strange but I'm exited. I don't know if I will get it soon after the Game's release, I may want to play though the vanilla game first (depending on if this can be switched on and off) and then play with the DLC.

I wonder though how well integrated will some of this DLC be with the Lore and story of this game? Will it expand it or contradict it? Will it be cannon?

D

Deleted member 14134

I need to pay to unock difficulty levels? Having to beat the game once to unlock hero mode was bad enough but now I have to pay for it?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
#notmyhyrule
Literally my reaction :crylaugh: 100// 100//

I mean in all honesty, I am perfectly fine with Dungeon and Story DLC. I pined for this way back when it was still "Zelda Wii U". It's the TIMING of this announcement that has my panties in a bundle, as well as the fact that they are LITERALLY SELLING A DIFFICULTY MODE. Everything else, let's be real, I honestly think is worthy of being a paid DLC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom