• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda and Link

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
I'm under the impression that different Links and Zeldas will have different bonds. Platonic, distant, possibly a relationship... it's not like you can say "They all wuv each other!!" or "There's never anything between them!" because each case they act different. Spirit Tracks Zelda acts very different to Tetra, and neither of them act like Zelda in OoT, and none of them are like Zelda in Twilight Princess.

Even the Links, as subtle as it may be, have differences from one another that could allow for a developing relationship or not. Each version of Link and Zelda act different in some way, and there's never any confirmed relationship between them. They are fated to meet, they are fated to fight for justice, and Zelda will continue to try to repair Hyrule after, and how Link stands by her side is never told in detail. For some of them its clear the relationship would never go beyond a knight protecting royalty. Plus in some cases there are alternative love interests that may sway the boat (though in those cases it appears to be fated to never be, or the girl's interest diminishes for whatever reason). But each pair is different, and anything can happen.

The biggest part of it is knowing that, honestly, as far as the games go it doesn't actually make much difference if they got together or not. The new Link will still have no discernible relationship to Zelda, and Zelda will continue to be a princess of sorts. It's not really something that should be written off though. Makes for interesting thinking at the very least.

Z

Zelda/and/Link

i think Link has feelings for Zelda thats why he always saves her

i'd be perfectly fine if link and zelda had an open relationship (i guess you could call me a zelinker). i don't think it's ever going to happen though (for some reason). i just wanna point out a couple facts that everyone has neglected

1) link and zelda HAVE shown affection for each other at some points in the series. one example that nobody brought up is the two kissing at the end of zelda 2. i can't believe this many people forgot about it.

2) if there were any romantic relationships with link involved, i think it would DEFINITELY be with zelda. they are destined to be "together" even if they aren't dating. that, and i think all of the other love interests don't know link very well at all (with the exception of saria, but her and link are two different species). one example is OoT's malon. i fail to see how they would have a romantic relationship just because malon taught link a song.

Chiraku

Demon slayer
Though I like the idea and it would make the stories/games a little more interesting, it might be a bad Idea, considering how most Zelda games are for kids and they might not like lovey-dovey stuff like that, then again, there is that 'rated T for teen' stuff, but why rate it a higher level just because of relationship material? If they want to make it lovey-dovey, they'd have to make the rest of the game match up to the rating, (AKA, if they want to add love material, they have to make it violent/scary to make the T rating suitable). Idealistic, yet if it happens, then the series wouldn't be family-friendly any more.

Then why did Zelda and Link hold hands when you beat THe Spirit Tracks?

Well ive not played S T mate so i do not know the answer to that.
I just feel they will always be friends by the end of each Zelda game.
But at the start of each zelda they are strangers to each other.

Then why did Zelda and Link hold hands when you beat THe Spirit Tracks?

Well ive not played S T mate so i do not know the answer to that.
I just feel they will always be friends by the end of each Zelda game.
But at the start of each zelda they are strangers to each other.

I feel its better this way.
Its worked this way for so long, if they had them as an item it could make the game to grown up.
To me the zelda series have a kids theme.
A kid like link going on adventures exploring castles,battling evil monsters that is what i mean by akid type game.

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
I really hate the idea of Zelda and Link being together, I'm not gonna lie. Din Akera summed up exactly how I feel about it, pretty much.

I just already hate the "damsel in distress" thing that goes on in a bunch of the games, and if they were together... it would just open the game up to that happening way too much. "Hey I'm Ganon, and I'll kidnap Zelda because Link is in love with her, and he'll come to fight me, and I'll make him fall into my trap!" Like we haven't seen that in like every movie ever made.

I also just hate it because of the idea that the two main characters should be together simply because they're the two main characters. When have they actually shown that they like each other in anyway other than friends? Never, the most has been this hand-holding thing that apparently happens at the end of ST, but hand-holding doesn't mean they love each other. Actually, one could argue that there's more of a chance that Link could end up with other various characters such as Malon or Saria.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom