• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread ZD Mafia Hijackers

Status
Not open for further replies.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
@DekuNut are you and Pendio scumbuds? You can tell me the truth I won't be mad :)
How... how did you know?
16736454.jpg

You're right, I probably wouldn't have put out that reads list without you. I don't tend to do readlists. When I do, it comes out with a lot of null reads, because I don't usually have a feeling for every player. I have a few I focus on, people that I form strong reads about, and catch up on everyone else when it's relevant. I don't have the time to read through the whole game again right now, what with school and all. I read through and heavily read into those that I can.
As for the reason for my "nothing" Pendio post, it's because there really wasn't a lot. Like I said, a lot of his Day One was dealing with a policy lynch, which is NAI, and I didn't pick up a ton from his interactions with Storm or voting patterns. There just doesn't seem to be much scummy stuff about him.
While I do feel decent about Gum, she's my next focus... eventually. Whenever I have time. Tomorrow (irl) hopefully, but we'll see.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
Being active isn't always a good thing when you post multiple times in a row with one sentence and be over aggressive about little things. He made the game not fun. Tell me no one else in the game is starting conversations and pushing things forward. You're doing it. I'm doing it. That's just for starters. We didn't need him to "push the game forward," other people are doing that as well. Do you think that Heroine and Minish would be posting more if Moe was still around? Or would they have the exact same schedule that they do and post at the same time that they already are? You can't judge people just because they lynched someone who was active.

Fair, but you cannot deny that Day 1 was far more production and active than Day 2 was. I'm not giving all that credit to Moe but he deserves some of it at least. But anyways this is a futile discussion.

You're right, I probably wouldn't have put out that reads list without you. I don't tend to do readlists. When I do, it comes out with a lot of null reads, because I don't usually have a feeling for every player. I have a few I focus on, people that I form strong reads about, and catch up on everyone else when it's relevant. I don't have the time to read through the whole game again right now, what with school and all. I read through and heavily read into those that I can.
As for the reason for my "nothing" Pendio post, it's because there really wasn't a lot. Like I said, a lot of his Day One was dealing with a policy lynch, which is NAI, and I didn't pick up a ton from his interactions with Storm or voting patterns. There just doesn't seem to be much scummy stuff about him.
While I do feel decent about Gum, she's my next focus... eventually. Whenever I have time. Tomorrow (irl) hopefully, but we'll see.

I definitely look forward to your thoughts on LG ;)

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Personally due to the wording I'm leaning towards vigilante hitting bulletproof.

How would you explain the lack of mafia nk in that scenario?

My best guess on why Fused wants me dead is because he may be a roleblocker. My action last night failed (no it wasn't a nightkill), and it's quite possible he saw that and assumed that his block stopped the kill. If that's the case, it's a hollow thing to say it wasn't me, but
To answer your question LG, no I'm not sure Deku is scum. I wasn't the biggest fan of his late Day readlist, it was really weak and seemed to have just been thrown together because I asked him. I highly highly doubt he would have posted it had I not asked and thus it caught my eye. Tbh it was a pressure vote, I was feeling a bit confrontational the day I did it and had decided during Night 2 that Deku was my top target.

These two quotes kinda go together and it's seems odd that no one addressed this post of Deku's. @fused_shadows would you say that there was any other reasoning for your Deku vote besides your read on him? You don't have to claim obviously, but I'm curious. Because I did feel like you maybe had some extra info with your vote on Deku at the beginning of the day, and that's why I was waiting to see what else you said. I understand if it was just a pressure vote, I'm just trying to get a better handle on the situation here.

@Minish_Link ik you mentioned you are wary of Deku but how developed are those thought? Do you buy into my Deku and Pendio scumbud theory? Also, what's your take on the Pancake and LG debate?

They're not super developed tbh. None of my reads are right now because all of you are so hard to read. I have been considering a Deku/Pendio team though. But I'm not sure if that's just because they're the people I'm most used to playing with and am usually kinda wary of them both of them in the first place. Pendio's vote on Heroine today is interesting though.

The Pancake/LG debate was pretty good discussion wise. I think it makes me feel a little better about Pancake, because I agree with his thoughts about Moe's lynch d1. I get people wanting him out of the game because he was difficult to play with, but that situation also causes a super easy lynch for scum that can throw townies off for the rest of the game. I also think that him pointing out that LG's votes haven't had much explanation with them is interesting since it's something I hadn't really noticed.

However, I'm not sure that all of that makes LG look much worse to me. The lack of explanation with votes isn't great, but I do see where she was coming from by following fused's lead today. Because I felt the same way, and feel like another townie could've picked up on that and wanted to follow a potential info lead from fused. So right now I'm feeling like the Pancake/LG debate could be a townie/townie thing.

Pen

The game is on!
First of all, everything you say in this post was true yesterday (not irl day, in-game day). But yet never on Day 2 did you bring it up. Just wondering if you could clarify why you have decided to bring this up now of all times, because to me this looks like you are trying to divert attention away from Deku.

It's simple. I didn't really pick up on it during day 2. It wasn't until I reread the thread right before the post where I voted for her that I noticed the things that I pointed out. So yeah, the reason I brought it up now was because I noticed it now and I thought it was pretty scummy. I don't care much for the Deku wagon (if it can even be called a wagon) because I personally don't really see what it is that makes Deku suspicious.

Anyway, another thought that popped into my head that strengthens my scum-read on Heroine is that it's possible there was no Mafia kill last night due to inactivity from the Mafia's side, in which case Heroine would be an obvious place to look.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
As I read through day 2, I had a bunch of posts I wanted to quote and added them to multi-quote. But I guess they disappeared over the course of a day. :( I'll have to go back and find them again, but for now I'll answer Fused's question from the previous day since I remember where it is and he was specifically addressing me.

Heroine of Time said:
Moe, you seem good at finding small things in someone's posts that can be sucmtells. But don't you think you're being a tad overbearing? I can't completely tell how serious you are about some of these because I don't know your playstyle, but a lot of the things you're pointing out are small day 1 things.

I think it's a great trait since it can help us find scum. But things like the color of people's posts don't really seem like scumtells to me.

Regarding the day 1 lynch thing... I'm just gonna throw out there that I'm totally fine with a no lynch. I see everyone's point about the importance of a day 1 lynch but I don't want to just RVS it. Luckily it seems like we're getting some substance already so that might not be necessary.

Heroine says here that she likes Moe’s ability to find scumtells out of nothing. She does say that Moe can be a tad overbearing but clearly she’s okay with it since she thinks it’ll help us find scum.

Heroine of Time said:
I initially thought you might be town with a very unique playstyle, since you did seem to be genuinely scumhunting, but now it's coming off as more uncooperative and secretive. Those are not qualities that are beneficial to the Town.

Vote: Moe the Moblin

I'm not completely convinced you're scum, since we've had people with similarly uncooperative playstyles before who have ended up Town (Storm, for example, iirc). And I think DekuNut had a great point about your playstyle probably being the product of you being a member on another website with a different culture. But I think you'd be a good first day lynch if we have no better leads, since these qualities just seem inherently anti-Town to me.
She later follows that up with this. From what I can understand here she still has the same general thoughts on Moe but now she’s on the wagon of it’s too annoying to be useful instead of believing Moe’s behaviour is a “great trait since it can help us find scum”. Interesting flip. Would you care to explain your position a little more, Heroine?

Indeed I would, Fused! Thanks for asking!

I didn't at all mean that I liked Moe's ability to find scumtells out of nothing. I actually rewrote that post several times to not come off as really rude because I was just straight up annoyed with him at that point lol. I didn't want to offend him, nor did I want that annoyance to cloud my judgment and cause me to be unfairly suspicious of him, so I tried to find positives in what he was doing. I never said that I would tolerate him being overbearing just because he might find scum, though upon rereading it I guess I can see how you'd get that impression. I was just trying to be nice. XD

Of course, over time it just kept getting more and more impossible to ignore so I thought that maybe there was something more to this than just me being annoyed. Obviously the past has proven me wrong.

Now for Pendio:

I have been reading through the thread again, and I've found myself becoming more suspicious of Heroine of Time for various reasons. She has made the least amount of posts, which in itself isn't really suspicious since I know it's been part of how she plays ever since the old days. But what's different here is that the few posts that she does make haven't been very long to compensate for the fact that there are fewer of them. IIRC she's usually been making some pretty lengthy posts to catch up on everything that's happened since she last posted, but here her posts are roughly as long as anyone else's, but they're still few. Additionally her posts haven't really contained that much substance IMO. From what I was able to find she posted a lot of pretty obvious things like agreements and repeated statements from other members.
Well that's mostly my fault because I only posted on day 1. There wasn't much to go off of that day so there wasn't much for me to post about. I'm just an idiot and missed day 2 so I haven't had the opportunity to make longer posts yet.

Pendio said:
With her vote for Moe she was seemingly the only one who voted with reasons being that she suspected him, however. But even that was a pretty late vote and the reasons she gave for suspecting him weren't overly convincing. She even admitted to not fully believing he was scum, but she still voted saying that she voted because she suspected him, and not because his play style rubbed her the wrong way. IDK, to me that seems a bit odd.
I was actually the first person to vote for Moe, so I'm not sure what you mean by a late vote. You mean later in the day?

I initially put my vote on Moe in hopes of pressuring him into sharing the information he was apparently witholding from the town. After that didn't work, I found that I had no reason to remove my vote. There weren't really any better alternatives presented on Day 1 and as I explained back then a lot of his actions seemed extremely anti-Town.

Pendio said:
And something else she's been doing is expressing some very positive or trusting statements towards other players and in response to accusations on other players. Seems to me like she's been trying to win the trust of certain players by doing this. I suppose I haven't seen her playing as toughly as I remember seeing her, and I can't help but view that as scummy since she's been Town in most of the games I've seen her play in the past.

Vote: Heroine of Time
Maybe I'm just a more positive person after a few years? :P

Honestly I just haven't had the chance to play more aggressive/tough/whatever you want to call it. I was absent for day 2, and I've just been exhausted the last few days. (This post alone has taken me over an hour and it's past 4 AM, and this isn't even much scumhunting, mostly just responding to things. D: ) So yeah, I'll try to fix that.

-

I was going to add a read list here, since I actually have one in my notes, but I realized as I was writing it I can't possibly dedicate the time to explain all of my reads right now, and just posting my opinions on alignments without any evidence just seems pointless. Besides, I haven't had the chance to thoroughly comb through the thread to confirm them, so I'm reluctant to say something that I might change my mind about within the first few minutes of looking through the thread.

However, I will say that I'm absolutely fine with lynching Deku. He was actually ranked scummiest on my list hahaha. Again though, I'm definitely going to have to review everything, since even though I definitely had reasons for thinking that when creating this list the only thing I wrote down was that he kept pulling up Day 1 jokes/RVS as evidence and it felt like he was reaching to throw suspicion on people.

The sun is starting to come up now so I'm going to bed.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
These two quotes kinda go together and it's seems odd that no one addressed this post of Deku's. @fused_shadows would you say that there was any other reasoning for your Deku vote besides your read on him? You don't have to claim obviously, but I'm curious. Because I did feel like you maybe had some extra info with your vote on Deku at the beginning of the day, and that's why I was waiting to see what else you said. I understand if it was just a pressure vote, I'm just trying to get a better handle on the situation here.

I didn't respond to this post of Deku because it's not true. I would have preferred to have not given the mafia any info so I dislike answering questions about my own role, but you're asking me directly here so I'll just say that I am not what Deku hypothesized I am.

They're not super developed tbh. None of my reads are right now because all of you are so hard to read. I have been considering a Deku/Pendio team though. But I'm not sure if that's just because they're the people I'm most used to playing with and am usually kinda wary of them both of them in the first place. Pendio's vote on Heroine today is interesting though.

The Pancake/LG debate was pretty good discussion wise. I think it makes me feel a little better about Pancake, because I agree with his thoughts about Moe's lynch d1. I get people wanting him out of the game because he was difficult to play with, but that situation also causes a super easy lynch for scum that can throw townies off for the rest of the game. I also think that him pointing out that LG's votes haven't had much explanation with them is interesting since it's something I hadn't really noticed.

However, I'm not sure that all of that makes LG look much worse to me. The lack of explanation with votes isn't great, but I do see where she was coming from by following fused's lead today. Because I felt the same way, and feel like another townie could've picked up on that and wanted to follow a potential info lead from fused. So right now I'm feeling like the Pancake/LG debate could be a townie/townie thing.

I'll be honest here this post seems a lot like you trying to agree with everyone while not being 100% committed to one wagon. Not saying it's inherently scummy, you may be honestly just having a tough time making reads. But I will ask you this, @Minish_Link : if the Day ended in five minutes and you had to place a vote on someone, who would you pick?

It's simple. I didn't really pick up on it during day 2. It wasn't until I reread the thread right before the post where I voted for her that I noticed the things that I pointed out. So yeah, the reason I brought it up now was because I noticed it now and I thought it was pretty scummy.

This is a valid excuse, and definitely one I saw coming. I'll drop this line of questioning for now, sir.

I don't care much for the Deku wagon (if it can even be called a wagon) because I personally don't really see what it is that makes Deku suspicious.

First off it definitely was a wagon considering we were 40% to a lynch at the time I said that. Second off would you mind going back through Deku's post and pointing out the ones that make you think Deku is a Townie, if they are any?

Anyway, another thought that popped into my head that strengthens my scum-read on Heroine is that it's possible there was no Mafia kill last night due to inactivity from the Mafia's side, in which case Heroine would be an obvious place to look.

I don't agree with this at all. First off it assumes that the mafia only has 1 member left, which I think is far less likely than 2 being left, and the rest of the players that could be scum have been active enough that I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have missed their NK. Also, the night scene clearly indicating that someone was shot or killed or whatever but was somehow protected, and neither of the first two Night scenes have suggested a Vig so clearly the mafia did "shoot their shot" Night 2 and it was just blocked or something. I don't think this point strengthens your Heroine suggestion, sir. Furthermore, Heroine has since posted one of her larger catching-up posts, so I'm wondering if your thoughts on her have changed?

Lastly, @Pendio : what are your specific thoughts on me? I haven't seen you mention your read on me lately. Mind sharing your thoughts? :)

Indeed I would, Fused! Thanks for asking!

I didn't at all mean that I liked Moe's ability to find scumtells out of nothing. I actually rewrote that post several times to not come off as really rude because I was just straight up annoyed with him at that point lol. I didn't want to offend him, nor did I want that annoyance to cloud my judgment and cause me to be unfairly suspicious of him, so I tried to find positives in what he was doing. I never said that I would tolerate him being overbearing just because he might find scum, though upon rereading it I guess I can see how you'd get that impression. I was just trying to be nice. XD

Heroine you can't be nice like that, it ruins my scumhunting -.-

I was actually the first person to vote for Moe, so I'm not sure what you mean by a late vote. You mean later in the day?

So like this quote super confused me because I also thought that your vote on Moe was a late wagon, but looking back it was the first vote which kinda shocked me. What's also interesting here is that Pendio was the second last player on the wagon, so that means one of his reasons for suspicious on Heroine is actually true about himself. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

However, I will say that I'm absolutely fine with lynching Deku. He was actually ranked scummiest on my list hahaha. Again though, I'm definitely going to have to review everything, since even though I definitely had reasons for thinking that when creating this list the only thing I wrote down was that he kept pulling up Day 1 jokes/RVS as evidence and it felt like he was reaching to throw suspicion on people.

I agree with this. I have this feeling that Deku has to scum but looking through his posts I have yet to really find any concrete evidence but I just can't shake the feeling yet. Deku, please do something that I like so this feeling goes away. Merci.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I didn't respond to this post of Deku because it's not true. I would have preferred to have not given the mafia any info so I dislike answering questions about my own role, but you're asking me directly here so I'll just say that I am not what Deku hypothesized I am.

I get not wanting to give mafia info about roles, but you answering that has helped clear some things up for me so thanks!

I'll be honest here this post seems a lot like you trying to agree with everyone while not being 100% committed to one wagon. Not saying it's inherently scummy, you may be honestly just having a tough time making reads. But I will ask you this, @Minish_Link : if the Day ended in five minutes and you had to place a vote on someone, who would you pick?

Yeah, the people left is making it hard for me to get reads. Since I haven't played with a few of you, and the others that are left that I do know are the ones I have a really hard time reading. That coupled with having to use Storm's posts to read into mafia connections makes it tough. I really feel like there has to be scum in one of Deku/Pendio though, if not both. If I had to vote for someone right this minute though I think it would be Deku due to your answer about not having roleblocked him.

Pendio is good as scum so it's hard for me to ever really get any good evidence on him I feel. I originally kinda liked his vote because it felt like he was going in his own direction instead of following anyone. But then when he said that there was possibly no mafia kill because of inactivity to give more justification for his Heroine vote, he kinda lost me there. Like fused said, that assumes there's only one mafia left (because everyone else is active enough) and the night scene flavor highly suggests there was an attempted nk last night.

I'm really starting to feel that Deku and Pendio are the two remaining scum. So I'd be fine with lynching either of them today. But since I'm pretty suspicious about Deku's claim of being rb'd and fuse's response to that I think I'll go with Deku.

Vote: Deku

funnier6

Courage~
Day 3 Vote Count:

DekuNut- 2 (fused, Minish)
PancakeSamurai- 1 (LittleGumball)
Heroine of Time- 1 (Pendio)

Not Voting- 4 (Deku, Heroine, Libk, Pancake)

With 8 alive it takes 5 to majority. Day ends on Thursday May 24 at 9pm CDT.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
ok so here's my thoughts

potential scumteams are pendio and dekunut, or minish and pancake. depending on what happens, i can clarify my town read on pendio.

fused and libk are town, libk for obvious reasons and fused probably for obvious reasons bc i think i've made myself clear about him. if he's scum then fkin props dude

i think that if heroine was scum she would be trying harder. that's really all i have to say about that.

yall know my position on pancake of course, however weak it may or may not be. minish has been defending him pretty hardcore iirc, if i'm wrong feel free to tell me so, but i've been less confident about my minish townread lately.

then again my play this game has been pretty ****ty so i wouldn't really blame anyone for not putting much stock in what i'm saying.

@Libk you're killing me. you're going to confirm yourself as town and then not post anything? really?

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
potential scumteams are pendio and dekunut, or minish and pancake. depending on what happens, i can clarify my town read on pendio.

I'm interested in the town read on Pendio, because that could potentially sway me on Pancake. I'm reading fused as town, and though I got a little iffy about you today, these two recent posts have made me feel better about my town read on you. Heroine hasn't said a ton, but what she has said hasn't felt scummy to me. I do feel better about Pancake than Deku and Pendio, but if you're town reading Pendio for good reasons I could concede that it's possible we're looking at a Deku/Pancake team.

yall know my position on pancake of course, however weak it may or may not be. minish has been defending him pretty hardcore iirc, if i'm wrong feel free to tell me so, but i've been less confident about my minish townread lately.

I guess I've been defending him. Mostly because I feel better about a Deku/Pendio team. I feel like it would've been more fair to scum read me the previous two days though. I'll just say I've given some hints that I thought would make me read more townie to people this day.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
I'm still waiting on responses from @DekuNut, @Pendio, and @Heroine of Time. We only have 12 hours left so the sooner the better.

Also I'm too lazy to quote but I agree with LG that if Deku and Pendio aren't the scum team it may be Pancake and Minish. Or it's LG and Heroine and ya'll are doing a great job playing me ;)

Unless Deku chimes in at some point with some super convincing argument against someone else, I think I'm going to maintain my support for a Deku lynch. If he flips scum I think we lynch Pendio tomorrow and celebrate the victory. If Town, we start fresh and look into others, I think.

*waves at @PancakeSamurai*

Hello, Mr. Samurai. I'd like to hear your thoughts on Deku; idk if you've said them already but I'm on mobile rn and far too lazy to look through the thread to find them.

Pen

The game is on!
Second off would you mind going back through Deku's post and pointing out the ones that make you think Deku is a Townie, if they are any?

I don't think Deku is a Townie. I haven't said anything like that today. I have neither a town lean nor a scum lean on him at the moment.

Furthermore, Heroine has since posted one of her larger catching-up posts, so I'm wondering if your thoughts on her have changed?

My thoughts on her have not changed. Her post that you refer to was ultimately just a clarification of an old post, a defence post and an agreement with ideas from other player. She didn't really add anything new nor did she express any super serious suspicions.

Lastly, @Pendio : what are your specific thoughts on me? I haven't seen you mention your read on me lately. Mind sharing your thoughts? :)

Yesterday I said that you're leaning Town in my book and you still definitely are. Doesn't mean I trust you completely of course, but if I had to guess, I'd guess you're with the Town. Most of it has to do with what Storm said about you and the effort you have seemingly dedicated to the Town so far.

I really feel like there has to be scum in one of Deku/Pendio though, if not both.

Unless Deku chimes in at some point with some super convincing argument against someone else, I think I'm going to maintain my support for a Deku lynch. If he flips scum I think we lynch Pendio tomorrow and celebrate the victory. If Town, we start fresh and look into others, I think.

I cannot help but strongly dislike the absolutes you two speak in here. I'm not scum. And if Deku should turn out to be Mafia I don't want to be blamed for it based on seemly no evidence. I just don't see how either of you can be as sure about something like this as you seem to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom