• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread ZD Mafia Hijackers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pen

The game is on!
Well Storm is dead so

I think he meant that he intends to reread Storm's posts in hopes of finding something useful.

Which I just now attempted actually. I didn't find much, but based on the manner of Storm's interactions with Fused and Deku I'm inclined to believe they are Town. For now anyway. Storm's interactions with Gummy, however, gave me a bad vibe. Most notably was Gummy's reaction to Storm's reads list. She started by saying what I think most of us thought; that the reads list was pretty weak and inaccurate for the most part. But she also commended him for his efforts in writing it, which I spontaneously now view as a possible attempt to divert attention away from Storm and make him look less scummy.

Pen

The game is on!
Ah. A ninja.

Anyway, what I said in my previous post is not anything I'm putting a whole lot of stock in rn. It's mostly just some current thoughts and speculations passing through my head.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
Libk is the Town Innocent Child.
ok lmao i guess i was just being paranoid. carry on
I think he meant that he intends to reread Storm's posts in hopes of finding something useful.

Which I just now attempted actually. I didn't find much, but based on the manner of Storm's interactions with Fused and Deku I'm inclined to believe they are Town. For now anyway. Storm's interactions with Gummy, however, gave me a bad vibe. Most notably was Gummy's reaction to Storm's reads list. She started by saying what I think most of us thought; that the reads list was pretty weak and inaccurate for the most part. But she also commended him for his efforts in writing it, which I spontaneously now view as a possible attempt to divert attention away from Storm and make him look less scummy.
nah just complimenting him on trying since i remember that playing with him used to be harrowing. i was appreciating his efforts to help (despite the ****posts)
Anyway, what I said in my previous post is not anything I'm putting a whole lot of stock in rn. It's mostly just some current thoughts and speculations passing through my head.
fair and understandable no hard feelings b

Reactions: Pen

Pen

The game is on!
There is always a but. I know what it is. With this, I bet I can survive long enough to have done my job to the town and have been a noble sacrifice.

Despite your claim yesterday about having unlocked your role, it seems the Mafia didn't bother with you during the night. Now that could either be because the Mafia wanted to kill Doc first (since he virtually claimed to be Zachie), or it's because you're actually with the Mafia and thus won't night kill yourself.

Anyway, you did survive the night. Does that mean you've had the time you need in order to do your job to the Town, as you stated? Whatever job that may be...

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
Alright guys so I spent like 4 hours writing this post and it got decently long so sorry about that :)
Also I typed this all in Word so the formatting might be weird. Sorry.

To start, let’s look at Storm a bit:

did somebody say

STORM'SMOTHER****INGLIST

-Dekunut

-LittleGumball

-Doc

-Minish

-Pendio

-Ryuken

-MTM

-Keiko

-Yiga

-Fused

-HoT

-Lonk

due to my constant ISO of new people, the whole of this day I have been watching Fused, and I find his actions the most scummy, with lonk and Pen being a close second, but Deku seems too uncertain for me, as do a few of you. If I was to decide on a Bona-Fide town I would say Minish. Give me a little more time, and I will give you better readings

To summarize:

Town

Deku; LG; Minish; Ryu; Moe; Panacake; Heroine

Suspicious of

Doc; Pendio; Yiga; Libk

Definitely Scum

Fused

Of the people he was least suspicious of, Ryu and Moe are the only ones who have flipped, and they of course flipped non-mafia. I think it’s a fair assumption that there’s probably a mafia member amongst Deku, LG, Minish, Pancake and Heroine. Too early to say who, but it’s noteworthy nonetheless.

For those he was suspicious of, Doc and Libk have of course flipped Town. It’s pretty safe to assume he might have included another one of his mafia members in this category, so that leaves one of Pendio and Yiga. I’m leaning towards Yiga here, which I’ll explain a little later in this post.

Lastly, he’s pretty sure I’m scum. I’ll let you guys decide what that means for yourself. ;)

Lastly, he mentions at the bottom that I’m his top target, followed by Doc and Pendio. Noteworthy at least. He also mentions he thinks Minish is bona fide Town. Not really sure what to make of that, but at the very least…

IGMEOY: Minish

*Waves at Deku*

you know it baby. but damn am I assured that Fused or Doc might be scum

Again, make of this post what you will.

A quick note on Storm actually, I see the character you're softclaiming and I think that they would be most suited for a scum role. jsin bud

not saying he's definitely 100% confirmed scum but i'm keeping an eye out for him. i find it very hard to read storm so yeah (but maybe his playstyle has changed, i don't know, i read through 2 recent games and he wasn't in them :^) )

I don’t really have any comments on this post but I thought it was interesting enough given the information we now have to include here.

As for me, I'd love to hear from @Libk but I think he said he's super busy? Still, if he doesn't post any reads I'd like to D1 lynch him so mafia doesn't NK him and leave us with nothing.

Libk is the Innocent Child, obviously, so LG’s willingness to lynch him here is definitely noteworthy, at least.

if you've got a gigantic post full of telling people to change their meta and formatting chances are people are going to lynch you just for being difficult to play with and you don't want that

you are literally asking too much. this is just unreasonable. a scumread is the best you are going to get on day one. i almost want to lynch you because you're going to be difficult to play with.

I CANNOT FIND IT MYSELF. I LITERALLY DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHICH PART YOU ARE TOWNREADING.

Vote: Moe

You are too difficult to play with.

I call this masterpiece “LG’s progression into insanity”. It’s quite beautiful.

In all seriousness, it’s clear that LG’s idea to vote for Moe was one that grew, so I’m not suspicious of her for lynching Moe.

if there's nothing else to go on, yes. i'd vote to lynch ryu if nothing else came up

LG, I’m hoping you can clarify this statement. You were on Moe consistently for claiming he knew Ryu was scum but not explaining why, but here you say you’d vote for Ryu. For context, you are replying to Moe who was asking Yiga if he thought not liking Day 1 lynches is lynchworthy. This is noteworthy because at this point in the game I had already expressed the opinion, as had Heroine, iirc. But you never mentioned being okay with lynching us, only Ryu, who had 2 votes at this point and was the main topic of discussion.

To be transparent, this could be a scum tactic to move along a wagon that is clearly picking up steam. If LG was scum Ryu would look likely a Townie, so she would be all in for this lynch. So yeah, if you could explain yourself a bit LG that’d be great.

Have you learned nothing? You can't go for a no-lynch d1. Is this a character issue?

This is in response to Ryu saying they are against a D1 lynch.

No, it doesn't have anything to do with my character.

Then please use your voice for a lynch. We NEED info on day one. Every day one (Pretty much). C'mon.

Unvote

Vote: Ryuken

It is either he is bad at lying about his role playing skills and it is a part of his character, or he needs a lesson the hard way

At this point in the game, Moe had already expressed suspicions on Ryu. Yiga could be scum attempting to continue a wagon on someone he thinks is a Townie. He could have then turned the next day and said Moe is clearly scum, he started the wagon on the innocent Townie. Pressure vote is not really an acceptable response here, as Ryu was facing enough pressure from Moe.

And that's a reason why I am not totally voting you right now. I say you get a pass for now.

Unvote

I don't remember who what when where how or why I voted whoever I did, but at the moment I don't need a vote on anyone.

This post comes a few pages after the above vote. Yiga claims to not even remember his vote on Ryu, or more importantly his need to teach Ryu “a lesson the hard way”. Yiga, I was hoping you could expand on your vote and then subsequent unvote for Ryu. It’s not adding up to me.

Having read the rules, I don't see anywhere it says that I can't say I correctly or incorrectly guessed my name.

With this in mind, do you know your roles yet, everyone?

I do. I want to know this information so that everyone has a good understanding of how many people have their roles. This way, there are no excuses about them later, with a cover of "I haven't guessed it correctly yet". Almost like a test of faith. I you are willing to give up that info, you are starting off on the right foot. If you confirm that you have not correctly guessed, you may be lying, but those who confirm they guessed correctly are starting off fine.

I have.

Of all of the crap I have done in every game of mafia we have played together, this is the thing that gets you to put down my name? I see why, but I don't buy it.

Yeah, it was a little stupid, but I figured that it would be easier for me to scumhunt when I knew all of the details. I never even thought much about what this would give the mafia, only what it'd give me. I simply don't think things like that through enough. It's like when I spoiled Funnier's plan a few games ago, and drove for a lynch off of Storma's reaction to funniers bait. I was the wagonleader and Storma flipped scum, giving me a total town read on everyone.

I didn't think in that case, and we got an easy lynch.

My bad. Too late now though, I do have my role. No lying

Ik we’ve discussed this post a lot already but I think it’s still noteworthy. Yiga goes from casually asking us if anyone has figured out their roles to defending himelf by saying he needs the information to scumhunt, and then basically 180s and acknowledges it was a stupid move. He then proceeds to tell us that he knows his role… even though he just said that he knows people revealing their roles helps the mafia. Let us also not forget that Doc was the one that the mafia killed. The most likely reason was because of his inactivity: less posts, less interactions with people, less information for the Town. However, what else did Doc do? Well, there's this:

I didn't even do nothing and I'm still getting blamed.

Did Zachie used to play mafia? Because if he did, I think I'm Zachie.

Also, Vote Heroine

I'm coming after all you vets.

Basically tells everyone he knows who he is. As far as I could see, Doc and Yiga are the only two people to claim their names/claim to have unlocked their roles. So why did the mafia kill Doc over Yiga? The activity level I a valid argument here, but Yiga’s claim is so much clearer. Check the quote above, he straight up says he has his role, whereas Doc only suggests he’s pretty sure he knows. I feel like if the mafia were looking to get rid of somebody who had their role, Yiga is a better bet than Doc. Well, not if Yiga is scum of course.

Opportunistic. Restating with little elaboration what everyone else is thinking... Scum tactic, but also a lazy tactic. I do it when I am lazy so you get a pass FOR NOW

This is in response to Libk voting for Moe. This is interesting to note because later in the day…..

Yes, this seems opportunistic, but Moe has gotta go

Unvote (If I had a vote placed)

Vote Moe

He does exactly what he calls a “scum tactic”. This is the sixth vote on the wagon, so it’s arguable even more opportunistic then Libk’s since Moe is much closer to being lynched here. Also, if you scroll up a bit on this post you’ll see that Yiga had initially agreed with Moe on Ryu, and even voted for Ryu alongside Moe. But here he flips and says that Moe has to go. Definitely scum behaviour, imo.

Moe, you seem good at finding small things in someone's posts that can be sucmtells. But don't you think you're being a tad overbearing? I can't completely tell how serious you are about some of these because I don't know your playstyle, but a lot of the things you're pointing out are small day 1 things.

I think it's a great trait since it can help us find scum. But things like the color of people's posts don't really seem like scumtells to me.

Regarding the day 1 lynch thing... I'm just gonna throw out there that I'm totally fine with a no lynch. I see everyone's point about the importance of a day 1 lynch but I don't want to just RVS it. Luckily it seems like we're getting some substance already so that might not be necessary.

Heroine says here that she likes Moe’s ability to find scumtells out of nothing. She does say that Moe can be a tad overbearing but clearly she’s okay with it since she thinks it’ll help us find scum.

I initially thought you might be town with a very unique playstyle, since you did seem to be genuinely scumhunting, but now it's coming off as more uncooperative and secretive. Those are not qualities that are beneficial to the Town.

Vote: Moe the Moblin

I'm not completely convinced you're scum, since we've had people with similarly uncooperative playstyles before who have ended up Town (Storm, for example, iirc). And I think DekuNut had a great point about your playstyle probably being the product of you being a member on another website with a different culture. But I think you'd be a good first day lynch if we have no better leads, since these qualities just seem inherently anti-Town to me.

She later follows that up with this. From what I can understand here she still has the same general thoughts on Moe but now she’s on the wagon of it’s too annoying to be useful instead of believing Moe’s behaviour is a “great trait since it can help us find scum”. Interesting flip. Would you care to explain your position a little more, Heroine?

Dang, guys, I missed a lot.

I think I'm gonna stick with my vote on Moe. I appreciate that he's been putting in more effort to explain his positions, but he still has a fairly secretive playstyle and I'm not very convinced by any of the other options.

There’s this post as well, nothing really I wanted to add, just felt like including it.

I rather doubt it. But who knows. Perhaps it is. All I know is that Storm sometimes has a tendency of not taking Mafia games very seriously.

Anyway, Storm, do you have anything noteworthy to add regarding the matter at hand?

Pendio defends Storm, and then proceeds to casually ask for Storm’s opinions. He never follows this up though, as Storm doesn’t post his very colourful readlist until many posts later, during which time Pendio switches his attention to Moe. And he doesn’t just ask Moe something and then leaves it, he continues to push until he gets an answer. Why not the same for Storm?

This is not a good idea as far as I can see. Anyone who does manage to successfully guess their role should not share that news with the rest of the game. If the Mafia knows you've unlocked your role it only turns you into a living target. Assuming you're Town, Yiga, I fear the Mafia may kill you tonight seeing as you - being one of likely pretty few unlocked Town roles - pose a threat to them.

Pendio points out here exactly what I mention earlier in this point. Not sure what this means in terms of his potential relationship with Yiga, but I thought it was noteworthy to include here. If Pendio was scum why wouldn’t he take his own advice? But then again maybe he didn’t because he was afraid someone would see this post and make the connection. Or they’re scumbuds. Idk, too much WIFOM for me

Storm's posting seems a little weird to me. I don't think I've ever really played a game with him and I remember seeing someone pointing out that he has never really seen him take mafia games too seriously. Or he's just roleplaying his character, but who pays attention to flavor on zd mafia lololololol. Either way I just personally found it a bit odd.

Iirc, at this point in the game no one was really suspicious of Storm yet as people were just assuming he was playing the way he always does. Not really thinking that Pancake would bring up his thoughts on a scumbud like this, but that’s not a strong thought just a passing one.

But when people ask for reasoning wouldn't that mean that it isn't blatantly obvious because they want more of an explanation????

For example you never really explained this which I brought up earlier:

I still dont understand

A.) Why you specifically asked Ryu who he thought was scum

B.) Why you were asking someone who they thought were scum in the first place when it's day one and you didn't want any specific reasoning for them anyway.

Are you ever gonna say anything insightful?

Context, this post is in response to Moe. Pancake shows the same sort of I-don’t-trust-you-because-your-posts-aren’t-really-insightful train, but he does back off a bit later:

Honestly I’m starting to feel like Moe is just being an arrogant town and nothing he’s saying recently screams scum to me anymore. I am now of the opinion that he shouldn’t be lynched at least for today. I’m still not liking how unhelpful and emotional he has been and how he keeps saying how things are obvious without having that much to back his opinions up but I do feel like most people on his wagon are just trying to get him out of the game because they don’t like him and aren’t convinced that he is actually scum, which is kind of sad. I do see what he’s getting at with Ryu so if Moe flips town I think we should at least look into Ryu. I don’t think it’s obvious like Moe said it is but at least it’s something we can consider if he flips town. I feel like his death is inevitable now but hey if he does flip scum (which I’ll feel pretty dumb if he is scum since I’m kind of flip flopping my opinions on him rn) then we can probably have a solid town read on Ryu and Fused and look into Shroom and Yiga day 2? I don’t know that’s just what I’m thinking at the moment.

So where does that leave my vote? I still feel like Shroom could be a good option. He has kind of redeemed himself recently but I feel like he still hasn’t justified his opinions on fused. I am kind of unsure to be completely honest but I don’t really know if I feel that strongly about anyone else so far.

Vote: Shroom

Pancake makes this post with 3 hours to go in the day. The vote count had 5 on Moe and 0 on Storm. Pancake had to have known that this vote was not going to lead to a wagon; it was simply too late in the day, and even in his point he’s not 100% sure, saying “[Storm] has kind of redeemed himself recently”. This posts seems to be Pancake trying to distance himself from the Moe wagon while also having a vote on Storm so that when/if his scumbuddy flips scum he hopes people will look back on this post and put some distance between the two.

Overall, though, most of Pancake’s posts read Town for me, apart from this one, of course. So I’m mostly neutral on him, for now.

I think I'm going to place my vote on Yiga, for now. Change my mind.

Vote: Yiga

Pen

The game is on!
Libk is the Innocent Child, obviously, so LG’s willingness to lynch him here is definitely noteworthy, at least.

No one could have known of Libk's innocence at that point in the game though, so I wouldn't put it past a Townie to suggest lynching him.

Pendio defends Storm, and then proceeds to casually ask for Storm’s opinions. He never follows this up though, as Storm doesn’t post his very colourful readlist until many posts later, during which time Pendio switches his attention to Moe. And he doesn’t just ask Moe something and then leaves it, he continues to push until he gets an answer. Why not the same for Storm?

I wouldn't call it "defending Storm". I was responding to Ryu iirc who said that Storm's behaviour was scummy unless it had to do with his role. When I said "I rather doubt it" that was me doubting that Storm's behaviour had something to do with his role. Not that I necessarily doubted he was scum. Also, regarding my questioning of Storm. He responded to me right away with an answer I was happy with for day 1. The only reason I expected more answers from Moe yesterday was due to his way of giving very vague explanations to his suspicions that he himself seemed convinced were the truth.

If Pendio was scum why wouldn’t he take his own advice? But then again maybe he didn’t because he was afraid someone would see this post and make the connection.

To what advice are you referring? I'm sorry but this entire quote confused me somewhat as to what and who you're referring to.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
No one could have known of Libk's innocence at that point in the game though, so I wouldn't put it past a Townie to suggest lynching him.

I was referring more to the fact that if LG was scum she’d know that Libk was Town, and thus saying “we should lynch him if he’s too busy to play” is an easy way to get rid of a Townie without making your actual reasons obvious, if that makes sense.

I wouldn't call it "defending Storm". I was responding to Ryu iirc who said that Storm's behaviour was scummy unless it had to do with his role. When I said "I rather doubt it" that was me doubting that Storm's behaviour had something to do with his role. Not that I necessarily doubted he was scum. Also, regarding my questioning of Storm. He responded to me right away with an answer I was happy with for day 1. The only reason I expected more answers from Moe yesterday was due to his way of giving very vague explanations to his suspicions that he himself seemed convinced were the truth.

Fair enough.

To what advice are you referring? I'm sorry but this entire quote confused me somewhat as to what and who you're referring to.

The advice that the mafia should kill Yiga since he basically confirmed he had acquired his role. For the record I don’t think you’re scum Pendio I just put some of my thoughts down to potential connect some things. Sorry if I wasn’t clear.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
fused i am platonically in love with you i missed you

Lastly, he mentions at the bottom that I’m his top target, followed by Doc and Pendio.
I think this is absolutely noteworthy. Rule of three says there's a scum in there, i think it's more likely to be pendio than you, but i'm also not scumreading pendio so I'm not going to pursue this point very hard right now.
I was referring more to the fact that if LG was scum she’d know that Libk was Town, and thus saying “we should lynch him if he’s too busy to play” is an easy way to get rid of a Townie without making your actual reasons obvious, if that makes sense.
Pendio basically said the only thing I can possibly say in defense of this, I had no way of knowing Libk's alignment. Like I said in my post, I was worried about mafia leaving us with zero leads by NKing an inactive player. I would rather have let the mafia give us as much information as possible with their kill.
plus technically he wasn't town on day 1 c:
I call this masterpiece “LG’s progression into insanity”. It’s quite beautiful.
I don't have anything to say in response to this i just think it's really funny and wanted to highlight it :)
LG, I’m hoping you can clarify this statement. You were on Moe consistently for claiming he knew Ryu was scum but not explaining why, but here you say you’d vote for Ryu. For context, you are replying to Moe who was asking Yiga if he thought not liking Day 1 lynches is lynchworthy. This is noteworthy because at this point in the game I had already expressed the opinion, as had Heroine, iirc. But you never mentioned being okay with lynching us, only Ryu, who had 2 votes at this point and was the main topic of discussion.

To be transparent, this could be a scum tactic to move along a wagon that is clearly picking up steam. If LG was scum Ryu would look likely a Townie, so she would be all in for this lynch. So yeah, if you could explain yourself a bit LG that’d be great.
I only would have lynched Ryu on principle since he said he wanted a no lynch, so it was more like "oh u don't want a lynch how about we lynch u :^)"
He was the one I wanted to lynch most out of you three because admittedly I'm biased since you two are my friends. Also, Heroine's post was more like "if there's nothing else i'd no lynch but there's stuff going on so that's not happening" iirc, and you know how i feel about u bby :pikalove:

But in reality I didn't really have any concrete plans to go after Ryu. Moe commanded most of the attention on day 1 and I liked the idea of taking away a Libk NK from the mafia better than "revenge" lynching someone who wasn't going to get their wish anyway.

I hope that clears things up :)

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Despite your claim yesterday about having unlocked your role, it seems the Mafia didn't bother with you during the night. Now that could either be because the Mafia wanted to kill Doc first (since he virtually claimed to be Zachie), or it's because you're actually with the Mafia and thus won't night kill yourself.

Anyway, you did survive the night. Does that mean you've had the time you need in order to do your job to the Town, as you stated? Whatever job that may be...
Uh... Did I ever say I needed time to do something? Not this game. Every other game, suuure but I don't remember this one.

Anyways, I won't be active until late Sunday if not later.

Also, yes, I did a complete 180. It's like entering an argument and slowly realizing you are wrong. Eh. I reaffirmed that I got my role as a show that I am honest and trustworthy.

I don't know if I should ask for a replacement or not, as I will be gone for a while...

Anyways, yes I look scummy. My strategy changed midway, and I realized I was wrong. I am scummy. Shocker.

My opportunistic vote was because I just wanted the day to end FINALLY

My vote on Ryu was in the hopes of getting him to stop pressuring for no-lynches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom