• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread ZD Mafia Hijackers

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
@LittleGumball and @fused_shadows since you all have given some meta on yourselves, do you know anything we should know about @Heroine of Time's type of play? Or Heroine if you wanna chime in on your own meta. I think knowing your typical meta will be especially useful in this game, so we can differentiate it from possible habits you all might be using.
I thought about callin u out because i saw you liking my posts but i wasn't seeing any responses yet lol. Turns out you just take forever to post, nbd from skimming games it seems to be regular play. I'm sorry if I ever get impatient with u
I have no life and I post v quickly :^)

Heroine's meta is pretty inactive and it's very annoying but she posts a lot of substance when she actually does make a post. (seems similar to your play) It'll probably be obvious when she's scum though tbh
Personally I don't try to get a read on her until Day 2. Due to her busy schedule she doesn't post much so it's hard to gather a read so early.

speaking of character habits yall will definitely know when i'm ooc

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Aww man I wanted to be here early so I could be the one to make the Fused random.org joke. :(

Guys I just realized my profile picture is of a mule. Literally the most beautiful creature on the planet. Can we please take a quick moment out of this mafia game to acknowledge this. Thank you.
where's the dislike button

Ummm so guys just wondering have games on the forum recently included some sort of third faction, like cult or jester? And do you guys think the mod would include such in their game? I obviously don't know them so I'm hoping to gather this information from ya'll.
SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING A THIRD PARTY WOULD SAY

@LittleGumball and @fused_shadows since you all have given some meta on yourselves, do you know anything we should know about @Heroine of Time's type of play? Or Heroine if you wanna chime in on your own meta. I think knowing your typical meta will be especially useful in this game, so we can differentiate it from possible habits you all might be using.

LG described it well:
Heroine's meta is pretty inactive and it's very annoying but she posts a lot of substance when she actually does make a post. (seems similar to your play) It'll probably be obvious when she's scum though tbh
Personally I don't try to get a read on her until Day 2. Due to her busy schedule she doesn't post much so it's hard to gather a read so early.
I mean I just graduated and my new job doesn't start until June so for once in my life I actually have a ton of free time. But I feel kind of weird when I don't have much to say. :P

Usually when I do get around to posting, I like to pick a few people and go through every single one of their posts and analyze them for potential scum tells. So yeah. But that probably won't happen until later in the game and we have something more to go off of. (Also iirc ZD changed something and now it's hard to see all of a person's posts in one thread? I can't remember.)

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
Also iirc ZD changed something and now it's hard to see all of a person's posts in one thread? I can't remember.
actually there is a way. in the box between the thread name and whoever last responded it says "replies: [number]" click the number and a thing will pop up with everyone who has posted in the thread and the number of posts they have made. choose a person and click the number and voila.

to anyone else who didn't know that, you're welcome feel free to use this. this is my favorite function :)

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
actually there is a way. in the box between the thread name and whoever last responded it says "replies: [number]" click the number and a thing will pop up with everyone who has posted in the thread and the number of posts they have made. choose a person and click the number and voila.

to anyone else who didn't know that, you're welcome feel free to use this. this is my favorite function :)
Oh, okay! That's what I always used to do lol. I thought they changed it. Guess not.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I thought about callin u out because i saw you liking my posts but i wasn't seeing any responses yet lol. Turns out you just take forever to post, nbd from skimming games it seems to be regular play. I'm sorry if I ever get impatient with u
I have no life and I post v quickly :^)

Yeah, I tend to take a while to reply because I re-read things multiple times and try to make sure I don't sound stupid in my response. It's okay if you get impatient though, I don't take anything game related personally! But I already like the way you play. Plus, my activity tends to fluctuate with the overall activity of the game. So as long as people are more active, I'll probably post more!

Thanks for the meta info. Hopefully the people who know her play aren't scum because I'll really consider what you all say if you tell me she's being obvious scum. Lol.

I mean I just graduated and my new job doesn't start until June so for once in my life I actually have a ton of free time. But I feel kind of weird when I don't have much to say. :P

Usually when I do get around to posting, I like to pick a few people and go through every single one of their posts and analyze them for potential scum tells. So yeah. But that probably won't happen until later in the game and we have something more to go off of. (Also iirc ZD changed something and now it's hard to see all of a person's posts in one thread? I can't remember.)

Yeah, I'm the same about feeling weird if I don't have much to say. Makes the first day a little difficult because there's not a lot to go on.

Littlegumball is right though, in that your style does seem similar to mine. So maybe that'll help me in reading you. Either way, I'm looking forward to playing with some new people!

Anyways, even though the game has gotten a little bit serious I don't have any reads yet. I just think the transition out of rvs was more due to Moe's playstyle and him wanting to get down to business. Not sure if it's AI or not, but it's a little weird how he's trying to get reads off of rvs jokes.

I'd suggest for people to not try to blindly guess who they are either. At least go back and read some games that the others have been in to try and get a decent guess or narrow it down to just a few people. Because the sooner you guess right, the sooner you'll have your role and I feel like there could be some super helpful ones in this game. Except for whoever's scum. You all can guess wrong all you want!

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Actually to me it sounds like something a wolf would say
Since they like finding third parties
Actual third party why give people the idea that you exist?

I don't think it was an AI question. Town wants to find third parties too. If there's an SK, town has to scum hunt them as well. And it can be nice to have an idea if there's a survivor so that you decide if they'd be more likely to side with town or scum. There's lots of reasons why someone would want to know if third parties are typically used in games around here.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
I'm too lazy to quote but essentially I asked my third party question because I ****ing hate third parties. Especially cults. They just annoy me, nothing more :)

Unvote

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
DOn't forget everybody, in a game like this, there could be some very unwanted roles.... Particularly the Jester, so steer clear of anything that's too easy.

Ryuken

Ace Adventurer/Truth Seeker
Oh, forgot to unvote last night, whoops.
Unvote

Okay, uh... So far, I'm reading everyone who has posted so far Town. RVS put me in a good mood, and I didn't find anyone's posts especially scummy, so this won't be really in-depth (Still not great at D1 reads, anyhow). Honorable mentions:

Minish_Link- Didn't post during RVS, but they've said they're thinking about other players' habits, though I don't think we should be trying to do that D1. Nevertheless, transparency in one's thought process is a towntell.
Moe the Moblin- Strongly dislikes RVS, that much is clear. They started scumhunting right off the bat, which I thought was weird, but they're probably used to games being a lot more serious than games here on ZeldaDungeon.

Sorry, I'll get to really reading and analyzing the rest of y'all once Day 2 comes around.

In terms of scumhunting, I don't think we should be trying to figure out names or habits yet. I feel that would make reads very messy. I'd also prefer nobody gets lynched today, so I'll probably stay unvoted for the rest of the day unless something really catches my eye as suspicious. I'm saying this because from my perspective, the Mafia veterans are considered "new players," and due to the theme of this game (which I'm about to elaborate on in the reply), it'll take time for someone like me to get a good grasp of their playstyle and process their posts.

I'd suggest for people to not try to blindly guess who they are either. At least go back and read some games that the others have been in to try and get a decent guess or narrow it down to just a few people. Because the sooner you guess right, the sooner you'll have your role and I feel like there could be some super helpful ones in this game. Except for whoever's scum. You all can guess wrong all you want!
I'll dedicate some time during the night phase to read up on previous games to prepare for Day 2 and so forth. Due to the theme of this game, it's gonna be a nightmare for me to do a reads list considering I'll not only have to take playstyles on veteran players into account, but also the habits they may/may not be acting out and whether or not they've successfully guessed their name.
:gno:

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Oh, forgot to unvote last night, whoops.
Unvote

Okay, uh... So far, I'm reading everyone who has posted so far Town. RVS put me in a good mood, and I didn't find anyone's posts especially scummy, so this won't be really in-depth (Still not great at D1 reads, anyhow). Honorable mentions:

Minish_Link- Didn't post during RVS, but they've said they're thinking about other players' habits, though I don't think we should be trying to do that D1. Nevertheless, transparency in one's thought process is a towntell.
Moe the Moblin- Strongly dislikes RVS, that much is clear. They started scumhunting right off the bat, which I thought was weird, but they're probably used to games being a lot more serious than games here on ZeldaDungeon.

Sorry, I'll get to really reading and analyzing the rest of y'all once Day 2 comes around.

In terms of scumhunting, I don't think we should be trying to figure out names or habits yet. I feel that would make reads very messy. I'd also prefer nobody gets lynched today, so I'll probably stay unvoted for the rest of the day unless something really catches my eye as suspicious. I'm saying this because from my perspective, the Mafia veterans are considered "new players," and due to the theme of this game (which I'm about to elaborate on in the reply), it'll take time for someone like me to get a good grasp of their playstyle and process their posts.

I'll dedicate some time during the night phase to read up on previous games to prepare for Day 2 and so forth. Due to the theme of this game, it's gonna be a nightmare for me to do a reads list considering I'll not only have to take playstyles on veteran players into account, but also the habits they may/may not be acting out and whether or not they've successfully guessed their name.
:gno:
Have you learned nothing? You can't go for a no-lynch d1. Is this a character issue?

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer

For the most part I don't think it'll be too important too know if someone is acting out their habits, in the context of scum hunting at least. Because those who are scum will probably choose to avoid acting like their person, since that could potentially give them away. There are certain people in the list that I would expect to be scum over others, so any thing that would hint towards those characters would be bad for scum.

Also, a bit of advice in trying to figure out who you are. I think games within the past year should be the most helpful. And if you can in any way narrow it down to even a handful of people, that would be a good starting point. Just find games that they were in, and look at only their replies in the game (by using the technique littlegumball mentioned earlier). That way you're not having to read through an entire game, and you get a nice array of responses that might show their habits. It's also good to try and rule out people you know for sure or are pretty sure it's not.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
Anyways, even though the game has gotten a little bit serious I don't have any reads yet. I just think the transition out of rvs was more due to Moe's playstyle and him wanting to get down to business. Not sure if it's AI or not, but it's a little weird how he's trying to get reads off of rvs jokes.
I wish I could say it was alignment indicative but recent games have shown I do the same as both town and wolf

Minish is doing the lame thing where they jump to the defense of another player instead of letting them defend themselves. since it wasn't partners last game it probably won't be partners this game, and minish is probably town again.

@ryu, you don't wanna no-lynch day 1, even if it swings parity back into human favor. it's better for us to no lynch at final 4 or something. plus, there could be a one shot vigi or brutal human to put parity at a day phase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom