• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ZD Could Infect My Computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Logged onto the forums today and starting browsing around the latest topics. Tried to view one called "3DS: One Year In" when this message came up
malware.jpg
I've got no idea how to make that pic bigger for you so I'll write it all out instead

WARNING: Something's Not Right Here!

zeldadungeon.net contains content from www .whitegadget.com a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.

Google has found that malicious software may be installed onto your computer if you proceed. If you've visited this site in the past or you trust this site, it's possible that it has just recently been compromised by a hacker. You should not proceed. Why not try again tomorrow or go somewhere else?

We have already notified www. whitegadget.com that we found malware on the site. For more about the problems found on www .whitegadget.com, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page.

If you understand that visiting this site may harm your computer, proceed anyway.

Is this an issue to be concerned about or is my anti-virus (or google chrome) just being touchy? Has anyone else experienced this?

Here's the thread in question
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/f10/nintendo-3ds-one-year-30238.html#post450951
But I suggest you don't try to access it unless you have a browser or anti virus system that will prevent you from logging onto unsafe web addresses. This is the only thread I've found this on so far so I'm guessing someone may have posted a link to the website in question and my comp's freaking out about it.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I noticed it too because I got the same message. There is nothing wrong. Just click on continue and the thread shows up normal. Must be a mistake in the anti/virus or something.

Edit: ALIT used the pics from whitegadget.com in his first post. This caused the thread to give you a warning once you want to read this topic.
I replaced the link with another link. If anybody still get this warning please let us know

Last edited:
Nope no warning messages. Seems you were right about the images so thanks for looking into that. Feel free to close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom