• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Opinion on Youtube's New Channel Design

New Design, love it or hate it.

• I love the new design.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good, but not as good as the old design.

• Could be better, but not that bad.

• What were they thinking?

• Total voters
Every Youtube member is suppose to have the new channel design after March 7. Do you guys like the new channel design or do you guys hate it? I think the new design is horrible.

Not going to lie, Google is going pretty bonkers as of late. The new loading bar that shows while signing in to gmail is also horrible. As usual, I predict complaints regarding youtube with some active protests in comment sections of videos saying stuff like, "Copy and paste this comment onto every video you see. We want the old youtube back!". And as always, no one will react to these user demands... -.- The design is rather poor, in my humble opinion. Sigh

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I like it, but I hate the new channel layout. The old one is more convenient. I like the new design for other things like managing playlists; it's better for things like that, I think. Maybe it's because of my slight OCD, but I like to keep things organized and the new design is better for organization. But that doesn't change the fact that I hate the new channel design.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
I think YouTube did a good job with it. And yes, there are places where it could be better, but, as Azure said, it's much more convenient for organization. I remember WAY back when the layout before this one was the new one, and many people didn't like it at first, but it grew on them.

But, speaking for Google in general, i don't know what's going on with them, but Google needs to step it up a little. They're updating things that don't need to be updated. Also worth noting, their new "privacy policy" really ain't that private; they pretty much watch what you search and then customize your Google Account according to what you Google. I think the new YouTube design will eventually grow on people. In all honesty, I didn't even realize it changed until I went to click "Uploads" and saw "Videos" instead. :lol:

Last edited:
I personally prefer the old channel design more then the new one, but I don't think this new one sucks by any means. Basically what I'm trying to say is I'm pretty much indifferent about the whole subject. They both have pros and cons and one isn't drastically better or worse then the other. Like always we'll just get used to it.

What I don't understand is why they force you to switch to a new layout? Why not have the option like people did for a few months prior to this switch? I don't understand lol.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Oh, are they changing it again? Honestly I found the design that they had around 2008 the best. I generally don't like the web trend in the last couple years that everything has to look more streamlined, simplified, Java-scripted and so on (I like to call it "Apple-isation"). Things weren't cluttered before, so why "simplify" them even more? I actually find it more confusing to have options hidden in sub-sub-sub-menus which you have to click through all the time instead of them being laid out to you, even if some may find that "cluttered". Guess I'm getting old...

Beeker

Wild Card
I think right now Youtube is like Facebook to me. What I mean by that is I don't mind the updates that they do. Whenever a new layout comes out I don't complain how horrible it is, I just get used to it. And after a short time after that, I don't even think about it anymore.

S

Shepy

I can't find anything anymore!!! I wish they would just change it back!

I'm a bit indifferent to the new the design, but I wouldn't go so far as to say I hate it. It does seem to be becoming more like a social network, like Facebook, and that annoys me somewhat; I really hate being notified every time something random happens. This isn't much different from the old format, though. What seems to irk me is the fact that many of the customizable layout options from the previous format have been taken away. That makes the new design come off as a bit plain-looking. Aside from that, navigation and accessibility seems to have taken a hit, and I've had a hard time finding stuff quickly.

At any rate, it can't be helped; things change. And they'll continue to change. I'd wager this is nothing compared to what the future has in store. I'm likely just going to adapt to it quickly as I do with everything else anyway.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I can't say I'm a big fan of it and it to me it's not as user friendly and harder to find what you want. But unfortunately there's nothing we can do about it and I'm glad that we atleast still have it and it hasn't been taken down.

LinkLover

You Mean, Green Thing
No one loves the new design...hehe.

It's okay. I like the original a lot better. It was easier to find things and it was a comfortable design. I loved the old design. Now, though, it is more abrupt and annoying. It's not a user friendly as the old one, I guess I could say.

However, it's not totally horrible. It's tolerable, and isn't that hard to use. So, I'm not exactly happy with it, but I'll deal.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
This recent video by one of my favourite youtubers wraps up my thoughts perfectly. Some of it seems solely relevant to only his channel and might be a bit irrelevant this thread, but give it a watch anyway.

[video=youtube;AEBn00lfxuM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEBn00lfxuM&feature=channel[/video]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom