• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Opinion on the Kingdom Hearts Series

What do you think of Kingdom Hearts?

• Crappy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Okay

• Awesome

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Alright yeah this is rather simple: what is your opinion on Kingdom Hearts? For those of you who don't know allow me to enlighten you. Kingdom Hearts is a video game series developed by Square Enix and Disney in which you often play as a boy named Sora who can control a magical sword called the keyblade. These games mostly revolve around Disney characters and worlds (such as Aladdin and Agrabah, Peter Pan and Neverland and more) in which you fight an evil darkness that creates evil creatures called Heartless. And basically a 'heart' in this game is the thing that enables a person to have emotions and there are people called Nobodies which have no hearts and weren't even supposed to exist in the first place. From what I have gathered many people who have hearts also have a corresponding Nobody. There is also a group of Nobodies called the Organization XIII (13). However I myself am quite confused on their motives but they're evil. It has a timeline like Zelda (IE 358/2 Days probably goes between Chain of Memories and KH2 or something like that) but it seems to be much easier to figure out even though the story is usually more complicated than Zelda. So without further ado time to show some vids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sweN95fPUb0

Pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8eUwjMbyCY

Ehh I prefer the gameplay of the other ones myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRUH7bM2p-Y&feature=related

Sorry this is a walkthrough vid but I couldn't find any gameplay vids of the actual KH2 (there's a bit of confusion between COM and KH2) but oh well. And you see Roxas is Sora's Nobody and like Sora he can use the keyblade which is explained in 358/2 Days. It's kinda funny how someone stole a word. Heh heh heh...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iJXT6y-QrY

Some gameplay of the currently in the works Kingdom Hearts 3. It seems it doesn't have Sora, Riku, or Kairi but instead there are other characters to fill their places.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0X9VdrcENQ

This one is very different from the others and for the most part you play as Roxas but you can enter mission mode to play as just about every other organization members. It's very good and sadly only one of two that I've played. I like how they actually use real voices in the important cutscenes of the series. It just seems cool. I wish Nintendo would do that with Zelda and Mario. If they gave Peach a voice just for saying things like 'Thank you Mario!' or 'Luigi' 'Mario' then why not just have her talk without the flippin text bubbles. But that's pretty off topic. Personally I give the Kingdom Hearts series 10/10 since it's simply flawless.

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
I only own one game in the series, that game being Chain of Memories. However I did play some of KH1 and KH2. My overall opinion of the series is that it is excellent, it is probobly my second or third favorite video game series. (The Zelda series ranks 1st, I am unsure of how to rank Final Fantasy, Metroid & Kingdom Hearts...)

Kingdom Hearts was a good game, I enjoyed what I played, which wasn't that much of the game, if I recall correctly. The only glaring, major flaw that truly annoyed me turned out to be the Gummi Ship sequences. Those were awful. It's like they concentrated all the aspects that could have made the game terrible into the Gummi Ship parts, making the rest of the game excellent while the Gummi Ship portions suffered.

As for Kingdom Hearts II, I also enjoyed what I played, which once again wasn't that much of the game, in fact I only just got past the tutorial. This was the first game in the KH series that I decided to pay attenion to the plot of, though. I was confused for a while, and then I played Chain of Memories.

Chain of Memories is really the only KH game I feel qualified to give any real opinion on, because it is currently the only one I have beat. I really had lots of fun with this one, i'm not partial to card-based battle systems, but this one made it seem close enough to real time battles that I was able to actually enjoy it. In fact, I love this battle system, it was quite fun.

I also thought the sprite graphics for Chain of Memories were pretty nice, though it was dissapointing that most of the space in each world was random. You could only choose what type of room it would be, eventually some of the worlds rooms got quite bland.

Overall, I like the series and hopefully i'll get to finish 1 & 2 sometime soon. I would also like to play days and Birth by Sleep someday, and any other future installments for that matter.

The gameplay video of 358/2 looks pretty sick. I was going to purchase the game when I got my DSi, but the GameStop manager that I'm good friends with talked me out of it because I havn't played any of the other games in the series and I "wouldn't know what's going on". I might just buy it anyway. That gameplay looks very nice for a DS game...

Kybyrian

I actually always liked the Kingdom Hearts series, but then all of the sudden I started to not play it as much as I used to after I beat the second game. I used to go back and play sometimes, try to get stuff and whatever. I probably got burned out because it took them so long to get the new game together, and I didn't really want to wait that long. I know that most series don't get games out right away, but they also have other games already that I haven't played and that isn't true with Kingdom Hearts, plus there's considerably less to do in Kingdom Hearts than in Final Fantasy games, which is mainly what I'm talking about. They're both Square Enix so yeah they have a lot of stuff in it but I just don't think that Kingdom Hearts grabs my attention as much as Final Fantasy does, or other games for that matter. It's a good series but not one that I'd really stick with in the long run.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Kingdom Hearts is an awesome video game series in my opinion. I liked how they managed to mix Disney and Final Fantasy characters and worlds together to make something unique. I also like the complexity of the storyline that's behind the games. It makes it more interesting to me and makes me want to play them more in order to figure out everything that each game talks about.

KH was an awesome start to the series and made me get hooked. KHII was better than KHII in my opinion, probably because of how it explained why things were the way they were in the first game. I haven't gotten my hands on copies of KH:CoM or the lastest KH game on the DS yet, but I pretty sure that they're as good (or maybe even better) that their predecessors. :)

Silver

The Blue Bomber!
I have never played the Kingdom Heart games before and I hope to try it out. A topic like this is needed because I was thinking about buying a game and giving this ole' (Famous) game a shot! With Kingdom Hearts 365/2 game out I was like "I have to try this out....." So yeah, I think they did a good job of mixing up the game play and plot with Disney Characters! (Mickey is actually cool!)

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Kingdom Hearts is my second-favorite franchise.
I love how they mixed FF and Disney together:)
I own all the games except for 358/2 days, and the not-yet-released Birth By Sleep.
My favorite characters are: Axel*.*, Roxas, Xemnas, Rikku and Naminé

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I have never played the Kingdom Heart games before and I hope to try it out. A topic like this is needed because I was thinking about buying a game and giving this ole' (Famous) game a shot! With Kingdom Hearts 365/2 game out I was like "I have to try this out....." So yeah, I think they did a good job of mixing up the game play and plot with Disney Characters! (Mickey is actually cool!)

Well I would definatly recommend 358/2 Days as your first Kingdom Hearts game. In my opnion it's a good game to learn the gist of the story in because I learned about everything I know about the KH story from 358/2 days. And Mikey is cool. He can wield a golden keyblade that looks like this:
236px-Mickey_%27s_keyblade.png
pretty sweet isn't it? It seems Mickey has a long history with the keyblade and might be one of the original chosen ones to wield one.

The gameplay video of 358/2 looks pretty sick. I was going to purchase the game when I got my DSi, but the GameStop manager that I'm good friends with talked me out of it because I havn't played any of the other games in the series and I "wouldn't know what's going on". I might just buy it anyway. That gameplay looks very nice for a DS game...

Well that guy didn't do you any favors. Just about everything I know about the KH series came from 358/2 Days. It's very good but for some reason the graphics are better in what I call the 'movie cutscenes' in which the characters talk. It's wierd but I live with it. It is absolutly amazing. And really the fact that you play as Roxas for the entire game is cool in my opinion cuz he doesn't get as much action as he should. And yes the gameplay is very good. I love it.

Kingdom Hearts just very well be my favorite real time RPG. No, not because of the Disney/Final Fantasy characters actually. I find the Disney characters cheesy, and since I've only played FFVII/X/X-2/XII, I didn't recognize a whole lot of the FF characters, save for Auron and the Gullwings. What I really like about it is the battle system and the story itself. The battle system is perfected, no joke. Even Chain of Memories with it's card based system really grew on me. The story gets pretty emotional and can really absorb you in. It's the whole "friendship through anything.....even if we forget about each other" kind of thing if you know what I mean. Haven't gotten the new DS game, but it's number one on my list right now.

J

Joshua

Kh2 is the greatest game ever and I love it

Pitiful heartless mindlessly collecting hearts. the rage of the keyblade releases those hearts. they gather in darkness masterless and free until they weave together to create kingdom hearts. and when that time comes we can truly, final exist

I actually find the Kingdom Hearts a bit overrated. Not saying that's it's a bad series, it's actually part of my top 10.

I had grown up with Disney films before that Hannah Montana crap, and so seeing so many recognizable characters in the game really made me happy. I had only played two Final Fantasy games before I tried this game, but I still recognized many of the characters used. I loved the storyline, and even now I'm still trying to understand every aspect that has been revealed about it. Disney did a great job with creating the story. Now, the gameplay, is the only thing I find defaulting about it.

The battle system is near perfect. It's just the RPG part of it. I HATE having to level-up so many levels just to try to kill one boss. This is the reason I don't play very many RPGs. But what else should I expect from Square Enix? And from what I've played in 358/2 Days, the way the DS is used is far too iffy for me.

I've only played the original and 358/2 Days, but so far I just find this series as okay. My opinion might change if I'm able to play more of the games, especially Kingdom Hearts II.

Love Kingdom Hearts. And I was actually really, really skeptical prior to finding out more about it. Back when it was first announced, all I knew was the base concept (Disney and Final Fantasy characters in a game together) and I thought it sounded really sad. Then I found out more and the game came out, and I was interested and thought it sounded pretty good. Finally I played it and was completely blown away.

I've always been a major Disney fan. Always liked Disney. I never thought the combination of this game would work, but I liked Disney enough on it's own. When it turns out the combination did work out so well, I loved it even more. I've also been a big fan of Final Fantasy, even though I'm not much of a traditional RPG person and never played the FF games much.

The storyline was really intriguing, IMO, and they had great original characters as well as their new ones. But they also made something else I loved to death...

THE HEARTLESS AND NOBODIES! :D

I have a really great love of KH's original enemies and creatures. Both are abstract, but have their own style. Heartless are dark, often cute but usually still creepy. Nobodies are white and have twisted, bizarre appearances or motions. The Heartless and Nobodies are some of my favorite creatures... from anything. I can't wait to see what the new Unverse creatures in Birth by Sleep are gonna be like. ^^

Big Kingdom Hearts fan. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom