• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Opinion of Minish Cap

Shadow Goris

The Stalker
I think all the games from wind waker and beyond got a little worse each time, tp being the appitamy of fail. Minish cap wasn't anything special, nothing was in it was really innovative.

www.zeldainmypocket.com
TMC is my favorite Zelda game, and mostly for the same reasons you stated, Axle. I also loved the idea of collecting the seashells and using them to obtain the figurines.

It also had a great storyline, IMO. And don't forget the uniqe (and very catchy) music!

In the end, I'd say that this is probably one of the most innovative Zelda games ever. :)

I'm still angry that I only have one kinstone left to fuse XD.

But yes, Axle did a great job of saying what was in my head. It was a fantastic game, and I liked it a lot.

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
I'm still angry that I only have one kinstone left to fuse XD.

But yes, Axle did a great job of saying what was in my head. It was a fantastic game, and I liked it a lot.

Yeah sometimes Noone wants to fuse. It's likely that the person you have left to fuse with will only fuse with you at a certain time. Best thing to do is check everyone, and I mean EVERYONE! Then, if noone wants to fuse, turn it off for a while, then turn it back on, and check EVERYONE! Lol.

Waker of winds

Finally playing PH!
My favorite portable game, I haven't completed it yet and still love it. I liked the story and Vaati's my favorite villain. The whole shrinking thing was awesome, and is the only game that I play again and again lots of time without getting tired.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
I really enjoyed The Minish Cap. For a while, I was reluctant to play it, because it didn't look like a good game to me, but I bought it on a whim when it was on sale at GameStop one day, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It really is a good game, one of the best in the series, especially being made by Capcom. And if my name isn't any indication that I like the game, then I don't know what is.

I see some of the points of those who didn't like the game. My initial post was actually a little poorly written in that I didn't indicate my main points too well...

I think the game is one of the best for two primary reasons:

The design. The game had unique, interesting design IMO, and I think that's something a lot of the other recent games lack.

The bosses. Going with the last point, they were well designed, and I also felt they were all challenging. The rest of the game was a bit easy at points, but I felt the bosses were a constant challenge.

Maybe that clears things up a little...

I found the Minish Cap to be a very boring Zelda game.
There was nothing about the game that was really remarkable.
The idea for Link to shrink down to minish size sound cool but it really was just a less interesting take on the idea of two worlds that Nintendo has milked to death since ALTTP.

The games story was uninteresting and Link's sidekick the hat thing got on my nerves.
In fact I never finished the game I got bored of it after I beat the first dungeon.

Overall I found the Minish Cap to be a boring Zelda game.

Bob Majinki

Deku Director
It was enjoyable, but too short and quick. The old eight-dungeon formula is something that I genuinely missed. The story also wasn't as intensive as previous games like the Oracle ones. In terms of modern (modern being Wind Waker and beyond, according to me), I'd have to say that Twilight Princess would win for best modern Zelda, with Wind Waker at a close second, falling behind only because sailing took too long.

x-Link-x

c o u r a g e ;
I loved this one, I really did. o.o
The game ran great, it was adorable I'd say. The music was good and catchy and of course the main theme was there, the game looked great for a portable system. The stages were designed well and the bosses were fun to fight. The whole 'close' thing was also a plus for me and the final boos, one of the hardest I've ever come across. Side quests, one of the biggest IMO and always fun to find out and such.
I liked the game a lot.

I honestly believe The Minish Cap is a understimated game. :<

I really enjoyed playing with it, maybe the story was a bit childish but, I love that kind of fantasy mixed with tales you can relate to. Funny enough, I got lost through the game, so I it wasn't all that easy as it was for many. Funny enough I am wasn't new at the series when I played through it, hahah.

I think overall it was a very enjoyable game.

Evenstevenp

The Zelda Master
I really liked it. Kinstone fusion was a great plus, and it has some of the best dungeon design to date. The dungeons were a blast to play. I especially like the Palace of Droplets.

At first I did not give this game a chance, but eventually decided to play it. It is easily one of the best Zelda games. Very unique compared to the other 2d Zeldas.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Well I just recently got Minish Cap a few weeks ago and so far I enjoy playing it. It's different from other Zeldas I've played, you know with the shrinking and stuff.

I love the music that plays on it. I can listen to it all day (well not literally all day, but you know what I mean. ;) ) I like how you can customize the item buttons to use other items than just your sword and shield.

This game would probably count as one of my favorite Zeldas so far. :)

J

jamalthegiraffe

As a game in general, I think that MC was great. However, if you put it up against the other Zeldas it wasn't the best.

I thought that it was really easy, compared to the other games. I accucally beat the entire game in one day once, cause I was bored. I had played through it before though.

It did have a new storyline though. I liked the addition of the elements. It had great music! The figurines were a cool addtion.

The game did seem short and too easy though. All of the new items were kinda wierd too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom