• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Music Player

Preferred Music Player

• iTunes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • YouTube

• Pandora

• Spotify

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Windows Media Player

• Other

• Total voters

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Music is a big pastime of mine. I love seeking out new bands/artists and sampling their songs―especially in the video game industry. Most of the time I find myself browsing YouTube for music, since it's the biggest multimedia hub I know of. And the rest of the time I'll play music from my iPod via iTunes, or simply through my iPod, which is basically chock-full of VGM soundtracks.

Both of these are possibly going to be replaced soon, as I keep hearing impressive things about Spotify.

What about you? What's your preferred music player, be it on a computer or other device? Additionally, what are their upsides/downsides?

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
I didn't pick one because there are many means I use. :) I use an MP3 player (an oldish one, but not actually old, just not new), and I go to YouTube when I don't have the specific music; also to try out music. For instance, I don't have any music from my favorite artist, Lindsey Stirling. :( So I go to YT. As far as the ups and downs... For the MP3 you have to use earphones, not headphones that thing is too small to power those, and my ears are weirdly shaped so they alwayse fall out. :dry: And YT, it's limmited, and it just started doing ads before a vid (which is dissapointing because some you have to watch the whole thing before getting to your vid :\).

Yups...

Clank

Hmm
Either my nexus 7
banshee as a organizational tool however it has some crashing issues
audacious, it can play just about anything,(including videos, however it only plays audio for videos) it is lightweight, stable, however it is fairly poor at organizing music, so I use it mostly for just playing single pieces of music.

Foobar. It's very lightweight, yet very customizable. It has thousands of skins you can apply to change how the player looks, and works. However, they're downright impossible to install. I installed one, but only about half of it works :/ The player itself is fantastic, though.

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
I use iTunes since I had my phone, because it's the only easy thing that I can use. iTunes could mess me up sometimes but I still like using it.

bunny

birb overlord
I use iTunes. It's not necessarily because I think Apple is amazing or anything... It's just because I actually know how to work iTunes, and I really don't want to have to figure any other music players out... xD I do like it, though. It's organized and user-friendly, at least in my opinion.

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
Although I am not at all a fan of Apple (I think they're miserable), or the iTunes Store (it's just like pirating... except you're losing money; artists get paid basically nothing when you buy this way), I typically use iTunes as my primary music player, because it's easy and convenient to use. My only problem with it is how much of a RAM hog it is... and my computer is definitely lacking in that department.
When I use my phone, I use Poweramp for Android, because it has gapless playback (very few Android players have this), it has a really nice equalizer, and it has a lot of really useful settings and features.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Mp3 Music Downloader Free from the Apple app store on my iPad. I don't like iTunes. I've only ever bought one song, and I regret that decision because it was a total waste of money, so I'd rather just find video game music on the internet and listen to that using this fantastic app. I don't even think you can buy Zelda music in the iTunes store.

For listening to music on my computer? I typically find myself just using Windows Media Player. And, depending if Huey is up to it, YouTube. The nice thing about YouTube is that I don't have to worry about actually having the audio file to be able to listen to the song; however, the fact that it's pulling data from elsewhere, it tugs on Huey's performance quite a bit. Flash has been acting up for me lately, and while it's doing better, it's still partially unstable. Windows Media Player is nice to just have handy, as I can keep things on it and make playlists and have pretty visuals set.

I have uninstalled iTunes from Huey because it was not being nice. Just totally mean. I use it on my mom's laptop, since that is the docking computer to which we sync all of our MP3 players, but nerm. They really changed the interface of iTunes recently, and now it's totally stupid. It keeps on glitching and putting all of my mom's boring music in my playlists for some reason and it's ticking me off.

So... yeah. Youtube and WMP for me, hahaha...

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I had to buy two songs - both from Sonic Adventure 2 - off iTunes. I regret doing so, but the teacher forced me to. Blast.

That being said, my preferred player is actually my Nintendo 3DS. The speakers are SURPRISINGLY good on the lightweight piece of tech, and I can retrieve music very easily (and free). Couple that with no buffer-times and portability? Well, you got a music-makin' machine right there! :brow: ;)

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
I had to buy two songs - both from Sonic Adventure 2 - off iTunes. I regret doing so, but the teacher forced me to. Blast.

That being said, my preferred player is actually my Nintendo 3DS. The speakers are SURPRISINGLY good on the lightweight piece of tech, and I can retrieve music very easily (and free). Couple that with no buffer-times and portability? Well, you got a music-makin' machine right there! :brow: ;)

How.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I mainly go with Grooveshark since it carries a lot of my favorite things and I can make custom playlists and stuff. I don't pay so no mobile, but when I'm on my computer or laptop, it works like a charm. It's been simplified greatly since I started using it a few years ago, and I like it even more now. No more custom background or stupid popups. Now it's just straight music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom