• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your First Playthrough of a Zelda Game.

Guide usage

• Never use a guide

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Very rarely use a guide.

• Moderatly use a guide.

• Use the guide as step-by-step instructions.

• Total voters

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I have been bad at times when it comes to consulting walkthroughs in games, but now I'm trying to play as far as I can manage on my own and only consult if I'm completely out of ideas...

I not the kind of person who will wander around for days trying to find where to go. If iI'm stuck for more than an hour and a half I'll consult a guide. I've only done it twice in TP, which was my first Zelda game. (Don't hate, I'm only 12.)

The first Zelda game that I played through all the way to the end was Ocarina of Time and my second was Link to the past and both games a didn't have to use a guide .

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
For my first playthrough of most of the 3d games i never used a guide. However, the 2d games always gave me trouble. I almost always resorted to guide several times.

I'll only use a guide if I'm completely stuck. As in, running around for hours beating my head against a wall and I just can't figure something out. I've never been and probably never will be enough of a masochist to continue playing something if I'm not having any fun just for the sake of doing it. I know once I reach that point, I'll either use a guide to get passed where I'm stuck or I'll quit the game in frustration.

I've quit games before completing them too many times in the past for that very reason, and I try not to allow that to happen anymore. Games are too expensive these days for that.

Yeah, I typically use a guide during my first play through if I get stuck. I like being challenged, but I HATE being stuck. I'll also use a guide to make sure I did all the side-quests after I beat the game.

H

happymaskseller

i almost never use a guide but if im stuck for hours on end i will unwillingly use one.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Crap, I voted for 'step-by-step instructions' instead of 'moderately'. :dry:

Anyway, I don't use a guide often. I would say I'm between 'rarely' and 'moderately'. When I do use a guide, it's when I've been stuck for weeks or for sidequests.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom