• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Favorite Pokemon Game

What is your favorite Pokemon game?

• Pokemon Red/Blue/Green

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Pokemon Yellow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pokemon Gold/Silver

• Pokemon Crystal

• Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire

• Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green

• Pokemon Emerald

• Pokemon Diamond/Pearl

• Pokemon Platinum

• Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver

• Pokemon Black and White

• Pokemon Stadium

• Pokemon Stadium 2

• Pokemon Colosseum

• Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness

• Pokemon Battle Revolution

• Other

• Pokemon Black 2 and White 2

• Pokemon X and Y

• Total voters

chris112

ゼルダファンの伝説!
Hey everyone, I just thought I might ask this question. I hope all of you would reply and here is the question. If you want you can also put why.

So, what is your favorite Pokemon Game?

My favorite would have to be Pokemon Crystal as it was the 2nd generation which introduced many new features like day/night, pokegear, etc. Then Crystal came along and introduced animated pokemon, option to choose a girl, etc.

So, what is yours?

Austin

Austin
I voted for Ruby/Sapphire simply because I played it the most. I cannot begin to imagine how many playthroughs of that game I went through.

ZeldaOcarina

Princess of Hyrule
I would say Black, because my favorite Pokemon is Victini. Or Platinum, because I liked the design of the female character there, and my Luxray is there.

Ice Sage

these are words
I would have to say firered. I don't play pokemon very much lately (I don't even have White or Black), but firered was my first pokemon game... well the first game I officially owned. Otherwise it would be stadium.

C

Caleb, Of Asui

I'm not really sure I can say. Perhaps Black/White (and can't pick one version over the other since I only played the former). I really enjoyed what it did with the story and how meaningful it was because of that. Honestly, though, I'm inclined to think my favorite Pokemon game is going to be one I haven't played yet. Probably one of the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games. My little brother and sister both tell me they have really, really good stories, so of course they would greatly appeal to me, but I haven't gotten around to a serious playthrough of any of them yet.

David

But you called me here...
I put down Yellow.

The main reason is that it was my very first Pokemon game. My friend gave it to me for free because he had an extra copy. When I got the game, I played the heck out of it. Logged probably hundreds of hours building the best team, getting my Pokemon to work well, and, of course, catching every single Pokemon.

Since then, I've played the 3rd Gen a whole bunch. I've logged just as many hours with my Sapphire, Emerald, and LeafGreen games each like I have with Yellow. Its been pretty exciting playing all of these games. I was never really into 4th gen, other than HeartGold. Oh and I love White.

But, Yellow is still mah favorite.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
You should have made this a multiple choice poll. =(
I cannot decide between Red/Blue/Green, since I was here when it all started, Yellow, since that is much better, plus it's more exploitable (>: ]) or Gold/Silver, since I absolutely love the Kanto/Johto region combination.

Jacobro

Chillest of Bros
I would say that it was originally Gold/Silver from the whole Kanto/Johto, along with other things, but I feel that Heart Gold/Soul Silver managed to take everything G/S had and improved it without taking away the nostalgia that makes it better then the generations it preceded.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
This poll shoulda been multiple choice, yeah, because I can't decide between Crystal and HG/SS. Crystal is the best Pokemon of all time in my opinion. Sure, it doesn't have (Super) Contests, but does that really mean much? Not to me it doesn't. I loved the simple animation, the TMs/HMs, evolving my Pokemans, finding all of the Rare Candies in the game, and the Unown puzzle was intriguing as well! The only thing I haven't done in C/HG/SS is beat the Battle Tower (not sure if you CAN *beat* the BT anyway), because I'm not a competitive Pokemon player and thus I only keep one type of Pokemon at any given moment! :P

Mubble

Pokémon Pusher
I have to go Yellow - it was still very early on in my Pokemon journey and I loved Pikachu; having the ability to walk around with Pikachu behind me was really fun. I liked the gameplay in that title too as it followed from the formula I knew and loved from Blue - so I knew it better and could spend time really working on my team.

Easily Pokemon Gold. I love it to this day. The fact that you get two regions is genius, and the Pokemon were fantastic!! I've logged countless hours into that game, and more are coming.

Kybyrian

I'm going to try to duck under all of the nostalgia fanboys here, but I will say that I used to side with you guys. It used to be my opinion that the first few games were always the best because they established the series and gave us the best set of Pokemon and Gym Leaders ever. I'd be lying if I said I thought everything in it was the best, now, however.

I absolutely love the new things introduced to us in the Fifth Generation. The items are suited for competitiveness and they even have all of the old ones - minus the uninteresting berries - there for us to utilize. The new Pokemon may seem unoriginal to you, but Pokemon names were never really original. I'd say that Krabby is about as unique as Tepig. You can grab unoriginal examples from every game. You can't deny that Deino, Zweilous, and Hydreigon are absolutely amazing and unique names. They all go by the pattern of the German numbers, eins, zwei, drei, one, two, and three respectively. Don't argue on the subject of originality, it's basically a moot point.

The games themselves had some... odd characters, but they added a little flare to the game. I personally would have liked it if they were more like the first generation of Gym Leaders, but I guess you can't have everything. I think they're focusing on making them too unique. I liked the variety of types and the way that you could push through this game while raising all of your Pokemon equally. The previous games didn't really encourage this, especially when you hit the first gym of the first two generations. There are a bunch of weak Pokemon lacking in variety, and your starter choice is usually based off of the first gym. This is eliminated in Pokemon Black and White, and I think that's a good start. You've got your starter trained and then a second Pokemon already that really helps you out. It encourages more strategy than the first few generations.

I happen to really like the story of this one, as well. Team Magma and Aqua never really worked out for me, but I think they established a good plan when they were the final stretch of the game. The only thing I didn't like was the two conflicting teams. The Hoenn region was extremely unique and wonderful, and it had that flare that made it stick in your brain, but I think it didn't come around quite as well as the other generations. The Pokemon of those games are probably the least recognized among the entire series, and that's partially because it came between the two milestone generations and the generation of competitive Wi-Fi battling. The third generation was just placed at the wrong time, but was an extremely good generation. I didn't quite like the layout of the two teams, though... Team Magma and Aqua sort of bored me, especially after seeing the roles absolutely mimicked aside from the legendary Pokemon they target in the other game.

Warning: Plot/End-Game spoilers from Black and White
Team Plasma really stood out to me. I think it was great how they introduced Ghetsis and kind of let us believe that he was the head honcho throughout the first part of the game, and then suddenly this mysterious trainer we kept encountering turned around to be announced as the King of Team Plasma, Ghetsis being his father. It was a fun little twist and something that kept up with you throughout the game. I personally believe it's amazing how at the end of the Pokemon League you run into Team Plasma immediately rather than the Champion, and then it goes from there for the most epic point in the entire series. Team Plasma's Castle was an excellent rendition of class and how widespread their ideals were, and just how far they were willing to go to obtain their goals. The battles, puzzles, and the entire trek through the castle in general was memorable. The Post-game in Black and White of finding all the Sages was also fueled by the excitement of the legendaries available only at that point in the game.

In all, I believe that Black and White were part of an extremely powerful generation that pounded new ideas and epic encounters into our head that far surpassed the other games.

Fig

The Altruist
My favorite Pokemon game of all time is Pokemon Yellow. It was my first Pokemon game, and it's also the reason why Pikachu was my very first Pokemon. Pokemon Black/White is a close second. :)

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
My favorite Pokemon game is most certainly HeartGold. I just got it about two weeks ago and I was amazed. It was just so amazing the Pokemon sprites were great, the music gave you a great feel to it as it was very jazzy and up beat, and best of all you could travel back to Kanto to make the journey bigger than ever. I have about 42 hours already logged into the game and I am enjoying every minute of it and ever since K4KING introduced me to EV training the game has become more amazing. All in all HG/SS is an amazng game they both have very great additions to their originals and it shows.

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
It's so hard. Ruby/Saphire, Heartgold/SoulSilver and Black and White are the best games ever in the series, in my opinion anyway. R/S had a forest, a lot of ocean, a volcano, a desert and epic pokemon, but HG/SS is extrardinary. My Charizard trailing behind me, the replayability, Kanto, and the music. Not to mention I have to love B/W because it is basically another Mother 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom