• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Favorite Holiday Traditions, or Traditions You and Your Family Have Always Done.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
We all celebrate the holidays differently, and even if we all celebrate the same holiday, we all have our own traditions that we started, or ones our families have done that we still continue to this day.

In my family, we celebrate Christmas, and largely, the actual day itself has always been a lazy day. All of the typical festivities like hanging with friends and family, feasts and such were all done on Christmas Eve, leaving the whole Christmas day left wide open to essentially just laze around. Though, we always had a nice Christmas ham, which is something I always look forward to on the holidays.

We also typically opened one gift on Christmas Eve, which is always a new pair of pajamas.

My wife's family, luckily, are the same way during the holidays, except they cook a breakfast pizza on the morning of Christmas Day. Her tradition is that after Thanksgiving, we trim the tree and enjoy a glass of egg nog together. :)

As far as general traditions, I love Christmas songs and carols, and I love a good Christmas or Yule ham, preferably paired with a nice mead flavored with cloves and cinnamon (official name being metheglin). As I've grown up, I don't like to get gifts as much as giving them. I like making sure people have a wonderful holiday/a good Yule.

So happy holidays, and tell me what your traditions are, or at least your favorite ones. :)

Reactions: Dio

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
We all celebrate the holidays differently, and even if we all celebrate the same holiday, we all have our own traditions that we started, or ones our families have done that we still continue to this day.

In my family, we celebrate Christmas, and largely, the actual day itself has always been a lazy day. All of the typical festivities like hanging with friends and family, feasts and such were all done on Christmas Eve, leaving the whole Christmas day left wide open to essentially just laze around. Though, we always had a nice Christmas ham, which is something I always look forward to on the holidays.

We also typically opened one gift on Christmas Eve, which is always a new pair of pajamas.

My wife's family, luckily, are the same way during the holidays, except they cook a breakfast pizza on the morning of Christmas Day. Her tradition is that after Thanksgiving, we trim the tree and enjoy a glass of egg nog together. :)

As far as general traditions, I love Christmas songs and carols, and I love a good Christmas or Yule ham, preferably paired with a nice mead flavored with cloves and cinnamon (official name being metheglin). As I've grown up, I don't like to get gifts as much as giving them. I like making sure people have a wonderful holiday/a good Yule.

So happy holidays, and tell me what your traditions are, or at least your favorite ones. :)

For Halloween I carve a pumpkin. Sometimes I dress up and eat out and go to the gym in costume but it varies. The one constant is that a pumpkin is carved though.

For Christmas. Eve usually involves going out for a meal and the opening of a single present is permitted. On Christmas Day I don't leave the house or go outside. No regular clothes are worn either it's dressing gown with pyjamas which I only wear on Christmas as I don't sleep in PJ's normally. To top the attire off a Santa hat is worn.

The morning involves everyone gathering around and opening presents. With Christmas movies playing on the TV. I wrap up and hide potatoes in the present piles so that everyone else gets to open a potato at some point. After the presents are unwrapped I start the cooking of the goose which should be ready by dinner time. The evening involves consuming the delicious Christmas meal and then followed by video games usually whatever I got for Christmas.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
Usually about a week, or two weeks before Christmas, have a guys night with a bunch of my buddies at my house. This was I think the 6th year we've done it. Hang out, have some snacks, some drinks, and play.... NES games. Usually some multiplayer 2-player or 4-player games. Always a good time, usually with some festive music in the background.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom