• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild You have your glider, now where is your first destination?

I'm relatively certain that many of you have done a fair amount of time watching videos of the E3 demo, and I'm sure that many of you may have seen a far off landmark that piqued your interest. So I have to ask, is there any particular spot that you feel drawn to that you'll want to check out the moment you're able to leave the Great Plateau?

For me, I'm really intrigued by a lake in the very top right corner of the map, it looks to have two small islands giving it the appearance of a skull. I think this is my first destination, though at the same time, I think I want to go about my route the long way and start by making my way to the southwest corner of the map. then work my way north, then east. I want to do this for two reasons, The Plateau seems to be setup to showcase Hyrule north of the starting point of the game. I feel that this would naturally lead players to want to go north. However I can see what's out there to a certain extent and I want to travel in the direction that shrouded in mystery as the view is blocked by mountain ranges that rise above even the tallest point of the Great Plateau. Secondly, it looks as though the south and eastern borders of the map are open to the ocean, though the west and northern perimeters of the map are a bit more of a mystery to me so I want to see if Hyrule is an island or if they've concocted some other barrier to prevent players to go beyond the map.

Sound off as to what direction you're headed once you can leave the Great Plateau!

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I'm considering going to the great big bridge first, and then exploring the entire map clockwise from there. Or, I might go to the castle first to see if I get a neat cutscene (not to fight Ganon yet) or maybe I'll go to what Bill calls "Utah" first to see if I can find Zelda, since that's where she appears to be in the footage we've seen recently of her, in that general area. Mostly leaning for that bridge route, though.

I'm considering going to the great big bridge first, and then exploring the entire map clockwise from there. Or, I might go to the castle first to see if I get a neat cutscene (not to fight Ganon yet) or maybe I'll go to what Bill calls "Utah" first to see if I can find Zelda, since that's where she appears to be in the footage we've seen recently of her, in that general area. Mostly leaning for that bridge route, though.
Good idea for going to the bridge first, It's narrow and easy for the programmers to put a triggered cutscene in that location, it might further the plot or, seeing as it is a location identified in past games, might provide clues about the history and placement of the game in the series timeline.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Good idea for going to the bridge first, It's narrow and easy for the programmers to put a triggered cutscene in that location, it might further the plot or, seeing as it is a location identified in past games, might provide clues about the history and placement of the game in the series timeline.
I was just thinking it looked interesting, lol. Plus I was thinking it might lead me to a town, since you can see people walking on it in the Life in the Ruins trailer.

To be honest, I'll probably spend a while searching around the base of the Great Plateau... I have a theory about how it might have come to be raised like it is which would also tie into it's timeline placement, and I think that I may find evidence to support this at it's base.

The foot of the great plateau so I can slowly explore the map in a procedural, smart way. So I know what I've explored fully and what I have not.

I will try to take the route the players at the Switch event took. Where I will aim to go to the nearby Sheikah tower in Hyrule Field.
It will serve as a nice, central point to plan where to go next. I will also get to see if other towers activate some sort of main quest event.

I'm probably going to register a couple of horses in the stables to the north and west of the plateau just to get some transportation options, then from there I don't know. I might head southwest to try to find the Gorons, or east to the sea, since I've lived near the sea all my life and would feel at home there. Hopefully I come across a town or two on my way.

Scribear

Your Best Friend (rupee free)
I will definitely explore the Plateau a lot. I want to sort of gather up as much useful stuff as I can. Stock up on whatever I can before I take the leap.

I will probably head Southwest first and move clockwise around till I get back to the Plateau. Shrine completion to help speedy travel.

But look at this map....so much grass to slash. If only I could run and slash at the same time...

Attachments

• tloz_breath_of_the_wild___world_map_by_wsaravio-da8l18e.png
    tloz_breath_of_the_wild___world_map_by_wsaravio-da8l18e.png
    817.4 KB · Views: 8
I'm probably going to do take the glider and search for Shiekah Towers. Seeing as these are going to add map data to our Sheikah Slates when activated and reveal where Shrines are in their respective regions, those are going to be my main focus. Kind of like in Assassin's Creed where I always seeked out the Sync Waypoints first to find treasure chests and side missions THEN continuing with the campaign/story until I could reach more areas previously blocked where other Sync points/chests/missions are found. Farming for upgrade materials, cooking and hunting, open world exploration to find treasures and shrines... man, I hope I'm still playing this game for months to come. And if there's a Hero Mode.... hooo baby, BRING IT.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I have decided that the very first thing I'm going to do with my glider is jump off of the highest point of the Temple of Time and plop down on a buhkawblin is I can do so.

Night Owl

~Momentai
My first location is to the top of a Tower or other high location. The glider is useless on the ground :P

I'll go up high and survey with my sheikah slate and go "Ooh, What's that?" I'll the proceed to head off in that direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom