• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Xinn's Doodles

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
IMG051_zps4f39b00e.jpg

Rough sketch of Foxfire Ahri, from League of Legends (minus her tails, I'll get to those later). She's my main in the game right now and I eventually plan to use this sketch as a base to paint her.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

That is the sound of major procrastination.

Anyways, a WIP. It's easier to get the lighting and shadow in place when working in grayscale. Colors can be added later much much easier. This...this is gonna take me a long while. Kinda shooting myself in the foot by not finalizing lineart first and going straight to painting but meh, lineart hurts my hand too much.

ss2013-01-17at022021_zps7806ee59.jpg

EDIT: OH GOD THAT BACK EAR IS SO OUT OF PLACE AND NOT ALIGNED HOLY CRAP HOW DID I MISS THAT IN THE SKETCH. Note to all you artists out there, sometimes it's hard to tell how horribly misaligned or messed up certain elements of your drawing is until you put in details. Like here. Oh god...now I have to fix that .___________.

ss2013-01-17at022925_zpsd5598370.jpg

Ok, not sure why I'm turning my art thread into an art lesson here but it doesn't hurt. Look at the new placement of the back ear, compare it to the previous placement. The old placement was way too far back, and looked like it wasn't connected properly to her head as a result. The new placement fixes that. Always gotta be on the lookout for stuff like that. Just cus it looks good in a messy sketch doesn't mean it looks good when you finalize it. Sketches are tricky like that, they play with your eyes and make you miss things like this.

...and now I feel like the other ear isn't aligned right either...or the entire shape of her head for that matter. Doh >_<

Last edited:

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I really enjoy seeing your artwork, Xinnamin. Your style is very unique, and I like that you have a good grasp on anatomy. Your shading is pretty impressive as well. I hope you'll update soon! =D <3

If only I could draw like you. loler I really enjoy all of your artwork that you put in this thread, and I find a lot of them cute!

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I absolutely love your work, Xinnamin. Everytime I see your work, I learn something by looking at your work or reading your description of the art.

Great work as always Xinnamin. <3 it!

LANZZ

Scarecrow
Ok, so, I haven't actually drawn stuff for...8-9 months now? I'm rusty. Very rusty. I figured it's about time I get back into an old hobby. After pulling out SAI and dusting off my old tablet, figured if anything was gonna motivate me to keep drawing, ZD will. I had a couple other art threads, but those were an old age and old art, not gonna necro them for this.

I also figure if I'm gonna find the motivation to keep drawing again, I'm gonna need some critique. Been stagnant and riding on my own limited visions for too long, can hardly see my own mistakes anymore, so hit me with your best.

IMG047a_zps57d9f0aa.jpg

Link and Linkette? I have no idea. Did that just today, hand hurts soooo much. Digital lineart is THE SINGLE MOST PAINFUL THING I've ever made a hobby out of. Lined over a pencil drawing. Considering coloring it, dunno if I'm gonna.

Great work Xinnamin, I like this artwork. I would like to see the colored version of this...

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I was super bored in class today and ended up drawing Ahri in a school girl uniform. She's a seductive nine-tailed fox lady...in a school girl uniform...oh god what is wrong with me.

IMG059_zpsef8eca40.jpg

Also I'll get back to painting stuff and coloring stuff eventually. Just haven't had the energy lately to commit to a full piece, so sorry everyone who wants to see colored stuff from me, I swear I'll find time for them someday ^_^;;

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom