• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

XB1 Won't Read Discs

Zleda

Toon Deity
Hello ZD,

Yesterday I bought an XB1 at best buy without kinect. I had previously bought BF4 and Watchdogs, and when I popped them in yesterday they read, installed and played just fine. This morning I turned on the system and when I try to play either game I get both the "we cant read this disc," and "do you own this game or app?" error messages.

I have already tried hard-resetting and unplugging the power box, nothing seems to work. Words cannot describe my anger right now as I find it ridiculous that a purchase of over $500 all together WON'T WORK.

If you have any ideas of what might be going wrong, please help me out!

Zleda

Toon Deity
If you don't have anything helpful to say, kindly don't say anything at all. This is actually the second time this has happened to me this week and I am not in the mood

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sounds like you unfortunately just got a faulty one, it happens and always sucks when it does. I spent 1 week having a crappy time with my PS2 before someone came over and alerted me to the fact that the load times were ridiculous and I had a faulty one. :( So I know the feeling.

I'd take it back to wherever you bought it with the receipt and ask for an exchange.

Fig

The Altruist
I may not have an Xbox One, but I really feel bad for you that you have to go through this. I personally say that if you have your receipt (which I hope you still have it), you ask for an exchange from Best Buy and inform them that you a faulty product. I really do hope that they will listen to what your predicament as I'm sure no one wants a faulty machine after spending a lot of money on it.

man that sucks. spend 500$ on a console that breaks the next day. No wonder Microsoft named it the X-box one.. Because you can only use it once.... I would say, take it back and get another console.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom