• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art Writing Community Competition Week 6

Which story is the best?

• i-am-link

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Soldier of Link

• Farore's Wind

• Raindrop14

• gerudogirl

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Writing Community Competition
Week 6
April Fool's

We got plenty more entries this week which is great! Keep them coming, guys. I hope you enjoy this week's entries, with the amusing theme of April Fool's.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i-am-link

"L-Link?" Saria said, backing away. "What are you d-doing with that s-sword?"
Link kept approaching Saria, with bloodshot, colorless eyes, ready to strike her.
Saria was terrified, enough that she wasn't able to even go with her instincts. She
tripped over the roots of a tree, fell back, and landed on her back. She
sat up, and started pushing herself backwards. Suddenly, she was up against a tree,
sweating as Link walked towards her.
Link lifted his sword...
Saria screamed such a blood-curdling shriek that every living thing in Hyrule
got the chills.
Link was about to strike, and-
"APRIL FOOLS!"
Link threw his sword to the side, pulling out the white contacts.
"...W-what?" Saria managed to squeak.
Link offered his hand to Saria, who hesitated, eventually taking it.
Link pulled Saria up, smiling.
"W-why would you do that?" Saria cried.
"I wouldn't." Link said.
Saria felt herself grow weak, and she fell into Link's arms.
Link smiled as Saria looked up at him, and Link hugged her.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Soldier of Link

Link knelt beside a shallow spring in Kokiri Forest. He stared intently at the scaly loach gliding through the water, plunging his short fishing rod into the spring. Just as the fish bit his line, and the battle for supremacy began, Link heard a familiar buzzing sound.

"HEY! Listen, Link!" The sudden noise caused Link to lose his concentration, slackening the line and allowing his prized Hylian loach to go free.

"Ah, Link! You lost it!" complained Navi, Link's companion fairy. Seething, Link slunk into the depths of the forest alone. If only Navi knew how annoying she is, Link pondered. Maybe I can show her...

Navi the fairy floated over Link's empty hut in Kokiri Forest. Aww, Link's such a sourpuss, she decided. Suddenly, a sparkling pink fairy shot up next to Navi. "Hi!" she shouted. "Wanna be friends?"

"No," Navi replied flatly. "I'm looking for someone," she said as she flew into the Lost Woods. Where could Link have wandered off to?
Navi soon spotted a shadow creeping behind a tree. That must be Link! She sped off to the figure, when all of a sudden, a pair of pink wings stopped her in her tracks. "There you are, Navi! I found you!"

"Why are you following me?" Navi asked angrily. "Because, silly, we're friends, remember?" the pink fairy replied.

"I don't think so," Navi spat and headed off again. Argh! I lost Link! I've got to keep looking...

But everywhere Navi turned, there was a shadow, and yet another pair of glittering pink wings. She could not rid herself of this hindrance, and eventually floated unhappily back to Link's hut, where she found him grinning ear to ear.

"What?!" she demanded. "You met a new friend, I see," Link smirked. "April Fools!"

It took Link three weeks to get the stingers out of his hair.
Farore's Wind

Link watched and panicked as the beautiful Midna ascended into the Twilight Realm never to be seen, after she had shed a single tear... and shattered the Mirror of Twilight into over a million pieces. The desert air whisked away the pieces like sand... Link's heart sunk to his stomach. It was strange. To see someone you will never see again... EVER.
Zelda sighed and said to him, "We need to go, and you need to help your friends in Kakariko Village back home."
"I think I'll stay here," Link said gravely.
"You can't," Zelda said sadly, "You have to think about the ones that need your help."
Link threw her a look that was unforgivable, "I'm tired of that!" he yelled pulling at his hair, "I defeated Ganon! Is there anything else they want?!"

After Zelda tired to persuade him all she could, the princess left him... Link did eventually go to Kakariko Village.
"Link!" Illia said with a smile as he arrived.
"I have to go," he said not smiling back, and passed her.
"Wha-" Illia trailed off.
Link walked to the graveyard and sat down on the ground. He put his hands in his face. Tears aching to burst out did... and hurt like sword slashes.
A cool hand touched his back, he swung around to tell Illia to get away, but instead froze. With her fiery orange hair, black and white skin with turquoise illuminated designs on it, silk cloak with silver embellishments, and utterly, gorgeously defined face... stood Midna with a sly smile.
"Mid-" Link mumbled.
She bent down and whispered into his ear, "April Fool's, heehee."
Raindrop14

The Best Prank Ever

Link was walking through the dark hallways of the bloody dungeon. He had his sword in one hand and his shield in the other. He cautiously walked along the wall, looking for secret passages or traps. He turned the corner and there was a stairway. He looked at the long stretching stairway and tried to see the top, but all he could see was a red carpeted stairway leading into darkness. Link slowly walked up the stairs, making sure he didn’t trigger any traps. After some time he reached the top. At the top was an old wooden door. He reached for the door handle and opened it. When he opened the door he saw a fair sized, round room with red carpeting on the floor. The walls were dimly lit with candles and there were paintings on the walls.
Haven’t I seen this room before? Link thought.
He walked to the middle of the room and stood there. Suddenly, a cloaked figure appeared in front of Link. Slowly the figure turned around, and when Link could see the figures face he saw…………………….Gannon! Link quickly swung his sword at Gannon but Gannon was too fast for him. They fought for a long time, and at the end of the battle, Gannon lay dead with the master sword in his chest.
“Yes! Gannon is finally dead!” exclaimed Link.
“April fools!” said Gannon getting up and stabbing Link with the sword. “Ha ha ha ha ha!”

THE END
gerudogirl

on a quiet morning in kokiri forest...
"link! hey! wake up you lazy-" navi couldn't finish shouting at link, because he took his sword and started chasing her. when he finally stopped, he asked her with an angry tone "WHAT IS IT NAVI!?". navi answered "link, something horrible happened! ganondorf returned and captured princess zelda!!". "WHAT!?" link shouted. "wait there's more!" navi said "giant deku babas are all around the forest eating people! dodongos have taken over death mountain burning to death everyone who comes near! octorocks invaded the zora domain and started shooting rocks at innocent zoras!".
link was shocked. he just saved hyrule and everything's massed up again! "is that all, navi?" he asked quietly. "well, there is one more thing..." navi said. "what is it?" link asked."APRIL FOOLS!! hehehe!!" laughed navi as she flew away quickly as link was screaming with anger and Frustration behind her.

I hope these entries spread some laughter around ZD! Vote for your favourite!

Next week...

Writing Community Competition
Week 7
The Legend of Zelda
Enemies

Write a story about anything to do with the enemies in The Legend of Zelda! 100-300 words long, please PM me your entries for 10/04/11. Thanks!

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Congratulations! This week appears to be a draw. Well done to both of our winners, Soldier of Link and Raindrop14!

Soldier of Link

Link knelt beside a shallow spring in Kokiri Forest. He stared intently at the scaly loach gliding through the water, plunging his short fishing rod into the spring. Just as the fish bit his line, and the battle for supremacy began, Link heard a familiar buzzing sound.

"HEY! Listen, Link!" The sudden noise caused Link to lose his concentration, slackening the line and allowing his prized Hylian loach to go free.

"Ah, Link! You lost it!" complained Navi, Link's companion fairy. Seething, Link slunk into the depths of the forest alone. If only Navi knew how annoying she is, Link pondered. Maybe I can show her...

Navi the fairy floated over Link's empty hut in Kokiri Forest. Aww, Link's such a sourpuss, she decided. Suddenly, a sparkling pink fairy shot up next to Navi. "Hi!" she shouted. "Wanna be friends?"

"No," Navi replied flatly. "I'm looking for someone," she said as she flew into the Lost Woods. Where could Link have wandered off to?
Navi soon spotted a shadow creeping behind a tree. That must be Link! She sped off to the figure, when all of a sudden, a pair of pink wings stopped her in her tracks. "There you are, Navi! I found you!"

"Why are you following me?" Navi asked angrily. "Because, silly, we're friends, remember?" the pink fairy replied.

"I don't think so," Navi spat and headed off again. Argh! I lost Link! I've got to keep looking...

But everywhere Navi turned, there was a shadow, and yet another pair of glittering pink wings. She could not rid herself of this hindrance, and eventually floated unhappily back to Link's hut, where she found him grinning ear to ear.

"What?!" she demanded. "You met a new friend, I see," Link smirked. "April Fools!"

It took Link three weeks to get the stingers out of his hair.
Raindrop14

The Best Prank Ever

Link was walking through the dark hallways of the bloody dungeon. He had his sword in one hand and his shield in the other. He cautiously walked along the wall, looking for secret passages or traps. He turned the corner and there was a stairway. He looked at the long stretching stairway and tried to see the top, but all he could see was a red carpeted stairway leading into darkness. Link slowly walked up the stairs, making sure he didn’t trigger any traps. After some time he reached the top. At the top was an old wooden door. He reached for the door handle and opened it. When he opened the door he saw a fair sized, round room with red carpeting on the floor. The walls were dimly lit with candles and there were paintings on the walls.
Haven’t I seen this room before? Link thought.
He walked to the middle of the room and stood there. Suddenly, a cloaked figure appeared in front of Link. Slowly the figure turned around, and when Link could see the figures face he saw…………………….Gannon! Link quickly swung his sword at Gannon but Gannon was too fast for him. They fought for a long time, and at the end of the battle, Gannon lay dead with the master sword in his chest.
“Yes! Gannon is finally dead!” exclaimed Link.
“April fools!” said Gannon getting up and stabbing Link with the sword. “Ha ha ha ha ha!”

THE END
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well done to everyone who entered this week, especially our winners. Please PM Kybyrian next week's entries by 10/04/11. I won't be here to post the thread up, so Ky is doing it instead. Please send him your entries. If you have already sent me an entry then that's fine, I will forward it to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom