• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art Writing Community Competition Week 16

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Sorry it's a bit late >_>

Writing Community Competition
Week 16
Zelda Items

I only got on entry this week. But it's from Axle and I think you guys will enjoy it ^^

The Mightiest Blows

The people of Hyrule were afraid whenever the earth rumbled. Every time the ground shook, they feared HE would emerge once again. The beast beneath the surface, the terrible dragon Volvagia. He would shake the ground merely by stirring, but it was also often a sign he would emerge out of Death Mountain through the lava conduit and wreak havok. It was for this that the mountain was named, for when Volvagia emerged from it, it was death he brought.

The dragon's body was mighty, and his blows were unlike anything else. Cliffsides collapsed and buildings toppled beneath his power. His breath of fire was only an addition, not his true strength.

No creature could match Volvagia's might, but there was a weapon that could. It was only a hammer, but a hammer that could strike with so much force that even the mighty Volvagia's body would crumble beneath it. The weight of such a weapon was so great that it could not be carried by any of Hyrule's heroes. The knights and soldiers and warriors who attempted to lift it could not bear its weight. And so it was that the hero who would delve into the Mountain of Death to face the beast was a mere miner. A worker in the Goron Mines, and a member of that proud and strong mountain race. Fitting it was that a person also of the mountain would be the one to defeat the creature. And so the mighty Goron dived into the lava and met Volvagia in its underground lair.

No one knows what happened in the struggle that took place there beneath the earth, but ultimately it was the greater power that won. And the mightiest blow was dealt to the dragon, its fires extinguished.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I must say, that is a brilliant piece.

Next week...

Writing Community Competition
Week 17
The Water Temple

Write an entry that has anything to do with The Water Temple. It can be anything, anything at all. Be creative and think of an idea. We need some more entries, I know there are keen writers here on ZD! Please PM me your entries by 24/06/11, 100-300 words.

Thank you~

You douchebags, this was my chance to win one! YOU'VE ROBBED ME OF MY VICTORY. D :<

And that's specifically the Water Temple of Ocarina of Time, right? Not just a broad "any Water Temple" theme?

I was thinking of entering......but I didn't understand the topic xP
Oh dear. It might be good to have an elaboration on what the theme means exactly, but ironically that's kind of what confused me with the Rivals one... >.<

Perhaps rather than a description, Meego, you could add a line that states that the theme is open to interpretation, but pitch a sample idea or two that can get people started? That would probably be less confusing than trying to describe the theme itself when you want people to interpret it how they like. And if they were two wildly different samples, that would give people an idea of what they can do with the theme. I could help with that if you like.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
*sigh* Yeah, Axle. I guess that's a way around this. Something had to go wrong at some point XD
Okay, I'll discuss this with you later.

Btw, there isnt really much of a prize anymore. People don't read the stories in the group which I need to delete... And I think just having it featured on the index
Page with the other months winners should suffice. That and just the pride...XD unless we bring DeviantArt into this.

I've submitted my entry already! I hope I have some competition (is curious to see who wins :D)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom