• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Worst Pokemon Memory...

hylianbeast

Sage of Destiny
Think of a time where you just wanted to destroy your pokemon game for whatever reason even if it's just sad.
Mine: Never finding a way out of Lilycove city in Emerald. I always thought you had to win four ribbons in any contest category. So my wailmer had to suffer from my raging as it only had three ribbons and never won anymore. :/ Keep in mind I was like seven or eight, so the idea of searching on the internet never came to me. :facepalm:
Wailmer, if you're reading this: PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!! I'M SORRY FOR TREATING YOU SO BADLY!! :kawaii::kawaii::kawaii:

Dragon Master

Master of Dragon Pokemon
I kept trying to evolve my Charmeleon, but my elder brother was right next to me yelling, "Press B! Press B! Press B!" I was a small child, and I've always had fast reflexes for commands like that, so without thinking, I kept falling for his mischievous annoyances. I eventually evolved it, but it was at somewhere in the 40s levels when it evolved.

P

PokeOakly96

Spending 50-70 hours on Emerald in 2005, where I finally had come face to face with the awesome Rayquaza, then only to forget to save before I started the fight and then not being able to capture it.... a 10 year old pokemon fan's worst nightmare. The 3-4 years it took me (yes I'm serious) to capture Registeel in Emerald comes close.

I dare any of you to beat this.

The first game I ever got was Pokemon Yellow, and I was like 4 or 5 I think, I don't really remember exactly but I was young.

I watched the cartoons so of course my dream in the game was to be exactly like ash, with an awesome Pikachu.

However the first gym leader was Brock, a rock type Pokemon Trainer. In the cartoons Pikachu beats Onix with a thundershock but it was because of the sprinklers getting him wet, however I just interpreted that as Pickachu was super strong.

So I spend, literally, 1 month training my Pikachu in Viridian Forest on Caterpie, Weedle, Metapod, and Kakuna up until about lvl 40ish, thinking my thundershock will be affective against the onix eventually............

Good Times.

Dragon Master

Master of Dragon Pokemon
I just remembered another one. This one tops that last one. I used to have Crystal, and I was little, so it took me a long time to complete the Pokedex. Upon completion, my little brother took my game outside and lost it along with my Gameboy. It took me a whole year for me to what I saw as completing the game, but it only took him one day to crush my dreams. I haven't played Crystal ever since...

Wielder of Aegis

Greetings everypony!
Geez, I haven't played Pokemon in so long. I was never that good at it. In Emerald, I ended up fight the Elite Four with a Lv. 75 starter, a Lv. 27 Swellow, and Lv 10 everything else. I only beat them through sheer dumb luck. Still Emerald was always my favorite growing up. So if I had to pick a worst memory from it, it would be that damn boulder puzzle in Team Aqua's hideout. It took me so long to figure that stuff out, it was torture! But the music in Sootopolis is worth it...

i-am-link

DGN's Metaphysicist
My worst Pokemon memory is my only Pokemon memory. One and a half weeks ago, I went to my local used game store and bought Pokemon Silver. (Silver for Game Boy, not SoulSilver for DS.) I took it home, fired it up, and had a blast for an hour and a half. I properly saved my game, and when I came back the next day to play it, the file was corrupted! I restarted and got back to the same point, and again saved properly. It corrupted again the next day. :( I took it back to the store and they swapped it out for a new one. This copy is even worse, I have to vigorously blow on it to get it to work, and if I save the game and come back, it won't even tell me the file is corrupted, it will just act like I never saved. So if I want to beat the game, I have to beat it in one playthrough or leave the system on constantly. :kawaii:

Wow. Sounds like you need to sue or something.

Anyways, my worst Pokemon memory. Well, a couple years back, I was searching around for nothing in particular, and happened to come across my Gameboy Color and my copy of Pokemon Red (original, not Fire). So, I put in a fresh set of batteries and booted it up. I was delighted to find that it was as I had left it, standing right in front of MewTwo. So I initiated the battle, and started walking around (IRL, of course). I was just about to catch MewTwo. I had whittled him down to a few HP. I threw the Pokeball. It wobbled once... Oh yeah! Then twice... WOO-HOO! Then a third time... I was screaming in joy! I was going to catch MewT
And I dropped the Gameboy.
So I've been struggling for a couple years to get back there. I'm still on Cerulean City. And I never DID know if I caught MewTwo then or not...

Pen

The game is on!
My absolute worst (and most memorable) memory of any Pokémon game was when I was about eight and played Pokémon Crystal. I think I had completed the entire game and I was just strolling around looking for more stuff to do, and so I learn that one can purchase a Larvitar for a hefty amount of Coins (not Pokédollar) in Cerulian City, Kanto. So I started gathering Coins, and I did extremely well. After a few hours of playing I had almost enough Coins (I missed only a few), but then my father shouted from the kitchen that the food was ready, so as a really weird reflex I turned the power of my Game Boy Color off without saving! And how I cried afterwards, I was brokenhearted.

I did eventually get that Larvitar though, and evolve it into a Pubitar and later on a Tyranitar. However, the second time I gathered Coins it did take me much more time...

TwilightKing

Stay Frosting!
Sigh... I was talking about Pokemon with someone I knew. (This takes place before the Realeses of Soul Silver and Heart Gold.) Eventually our conversation shifted to the next realese and here's what he said, "So the new game takes place in a NEW region called JOHTO." and then I said, "NO, Johto isn't a new region." And you probably know were that went. ANOTHER conversation I had with him I said, "I have Red version still in it's box." and he said, "You mean Fire Red." then I said, "NO, RED VERSION for the Game Boy!" then he said, "You mean Game Boy Advanced right." :facepalm: I'd like to see what would happen if I showed him and NES :facepalm:

D

Deleted member 6224

When i got Crystal, my mom paid about 40 bucks for me to have it and i got to the pokemon league and beat it. The next morning I got up ready to move on to Kanto and before I could run downstairs I dropped it. You should of seen my face as I saw it go tumbling down the stairs. I ran after it andd when I got to it and started it back up the file was corrupted. Oh how wish Nintendo will make a Crystal remake.

Sigh... I was talking about Pokemon with someone I knew. (This takes place before the Realeses of Soul Silver and Heart Gold.) Eventually our conversation shifted to the next realese and here's what he said, "So the new game takes place in a NEW region called JOHTO." and then I said, "NO, Johto isn't a new region." And you probably know were that went. ANOTHER conversation I had with him I said, "I have Red version still in it's box." and he said, "You mean Fire Red." then I said, "NO, RED VERSION for the Game Boy!" then he said, "You mean Game Boy Advanced right." :facepalm: I'd like to see what would happen if I showed him and NES :facepalm:

…Wow. I would have probably freaked out. I'm addicted to classic gaming.

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
Spending lots of time searching for an Abra, then finding one. Oh but wait it breaks out of the damn Pokaball and teleports away. That is my worst memory in all my little time playing the Pokemon series. It just plain pissed me off.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
In ruby i got past the elite four with under level pokémon and i got to Steven I ran out of revives I ran out of PP restoring items and all i had left was blaziken with zero move that it could use i did not take out a single one of his pokémon ( I was only 7 and was new to gaming)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom