• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

"Worst" Nintendo Console?

Worst Nintendo Console?

• Nintendo Entertainment System

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Super Nintendo Entertainment System

• Nintendo 64

• Nintendo Gamecube

• Nintendo Wii

• Total voters
It would not have made much sense had I chose another [Nintendo] console on the poll, on account that no other before the Gamecube has remotely disappointed me to the same degree; I felt as though the older consoles did well under the restrictions that were set upon them in terms of hardware, etc. To be honest, however, I'd say the Gamecube came out around the time I started to actually give a damn about a video game/console's specs. So, in that case, my opinion might seem a tad biased... :/

With that out of the way... I think all of Nintendo's consoles are great; each has its own strengths and weaknesses, but the worst of the bunch (imo) is none other than the GameCube. There are very few games that I actually enjoyed on the purple lunchbox, as its library was rather limited. Soul Calibur II, The Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and Super Mario Sunshine are among the few games that I actually liked among its abysmal repertoire of games. To be honest, I might not have bought it, had it not been for the aforementioned games. I was also at odds with the fact that it failed to dish out any of the many features that it promised. Whatever happened to the internet browser? The console fell behind its competitors - PS2 and Xbox - in terms of graphics, gameplay, extra features, and overall innovation. No other console proceeding it, in my opinion, has failed in this area.

Again... All of Nintendo's consoles are great, but I find the Gamecube to be the weakest - my least favorite.

Majoras_Wrath

Home Grown Hero!
I have love and respect for each Nintendo console but I have to say that the Wii was the worst. I have plenty of good games for it but when I compare it to my other libraries, it just doesn't stand tall. The majority of games I see on store shelves are all shovel-ware and ports. What also cements this for me is that they recently came out with good motion controls towards the end of the consoles life (SS). The only ones who actually were able to use the system to its full potention was Nintendo themselves. I don't think this'll happen with Wii U but I'm just really hoping it doesn't. I love Wii, but it does not match any other Nintendo system in terms of quality and variation.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I think the Wii is the worst mainly because of its game library; I find that the motion control gimmick resulted in overproduction of low-quality third-party Wii games. Specifically, there are only a few Wii games that I actually play, and they are all first-party and of high quality. Furthermore, Wii ports don't measure up to X360 and PS3 versions because of the Wii's inferior hardware. In my opinion, the choice to have the Wii be backwards-compatible with Gamecube was a bad decision on Nintendo's part, as it led to the Wii's inferior processing power.

I voted NES but only because I was a sega fanboy at the time.

Can't believe the hate for the wii. There're a few great games on it including:

Fragile Dreams
Murasame
No More Heros
Okami (I know it's a port)
Resident Evil 4 (also a port but better)
The Mario Galaxy games
The Zelda Games
Xenoblade Chronicles
The Last Story
Pandora's Tower
Rune Factory
Little King's Story

And quite a few more that I have that I can't think of just now. Out of the hundred or so games I own I'd say about 40 of them are really good.

I even reckon Pro Evolution Soccer was great on the Wii, once you got used to the control system. I don't even play my Xbox 360 that much compared to the Wii, a lot of the games I own on it are very samey.

I voted for Gamecube, but only because I think every other system on that list is a masterpiece. The gamecube is by no means a bad system, I loved it. I just simply did not have many memorable games or experiences on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom