• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Will Ganondorf Be the Main Villain or Will Nintendo Create a Completely New Villain?

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
As much as I love the guy, I do not think he is coming back to us in this adventure. True, the Master Sword and Ganondorf go hand-in-hand, but thinking about it, it really doesn't fit how the game is fleshed out. Vaati seems to fit as a more appropriate villain for this title, since I place MC, FS, and FSA early in the timeline and SS is also early in the timeline, so that would work out pretty well. However, they could as easily make a new villain appear without any limitations or restrictions on backstories, plots and whatnot.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
I'm gonna have to say no on this. I feel that Nintendo will make a new villian for Skyward Sword. Before when Ocarina of Time was assumed the earliest game in the timeline, that was when Ganondorf rose to power, then the later games featured him, other than that, we don't hear any drastic periods in time of what Ganondorf did in the past, like major ones. So taking that, I believe we might see a new villian, I don't know who, but a new one. If not, then probably someone like Vaati, he's the only person I think who could be brought back. If they actually do bring Ganondof in the game, then i'm very sure that they'll put a reason why.

Djinn

and Tonic
I also doubt Ganondorf would be around if this game really does take place before OoT. OoT already did a great job of introducing Him and his rise to power. While WW gave us his personality and motivations. Nintendo really has nowhere to go if they try to include more of an origin to the character. However I would love to see a previous king of the Gerudo somewhere in the game. They do not have to be a main villain, but not on friendly terms with Hylians either.

So from the little bits leaked on the setting and story I believe we will be seeing someone new. None of the other established villains would fit into this situation easily. As I doubt lifting Skyloft into the air would do much to protect the people from Ganondorf or Vaati. They are both still very capable of reaching a floating continent under their own power. They would have to be someone capable of taking over the land of Hyrule but not with the same near omnipotent magical ability as Ganondorf, Zant, or Vaati. Someone more normal who lacks a magical ability to invade or teleport to unreachable areas. Probably commands a large powerful army that can overwhelm normal forces.

I think one of the main issues here is we might not know if Ganondorf is present until halfway through or near the end of the game if things go like they have in the past. Zant, Onox, Veran, and Vaati were great villains on their own until Surprise! Ganon appears! However There have been many rumors of Nintendo taking this game in a very different direction from the previous sequels. So I do not think that will happen here.

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
I would also like to see someone new. Someone to contrast the light tone of the game. But I hope its not a villain like Malladus or Bellum because I thought Nintendo did a poor job with those villains as they didn't play a large part in the game where as cooler villains like Majora and Zant played a larger role in a sinister plot

ganondorf would not make sense in this game. He is only human who aquired great power from the triforce when it split. this is before ocarina meaning before the triforce separated. nevermind him not even being born yet. i think the villian that would make the most sense is the dark tribe mysteriously mentioned throughout the series but has never really been given a propper story. if you dont know what i'm talking about i'm talking about the dark introlopers from twilight princess. they were represented by dark links in the lanayru province cut scene. they used evil magic and the fused shadows and were eventually banished and became the twili

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
Yeah. but that'd just seem like an expansion to TP.....I'd like to see a completely new villain of a different race never seen in a Zelda game before. There still is the possibility of Ganondorf being thrown in as Nintendo will provide a good explanation as to why he was put in. I'm sitting on the fence on this one because I would like to see Ganondorf in SS art style but at the same time, I want a crazy, powerful, and sinister villain that counters the vibrant style of the SS

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
I'm happy with anything really....Its a zelda game so it's gonna be great no matter what! But I now doubt Ganondorf will be in the game, because Nintendo fully explained his origins in Ocarina of Time and documents his rise to power, so ganondorf in this game would retcon that. Unless his presence is virtually unknown to the royal family or zelda and only appears to Link, but i doubt that will really happen...If he appears in SS, it will have to mean that he is not documented in Hylian lore until the events of OoT, thus making him unknown until that time :)

00steven

Yeah, that's right!
I would think he will be in the game since its supposed to be the first in the timeline. I'm hoping to see nintendo pull back an entirely new layer to the series. Maybe a more in depth look into Links story, his past and personal demons. I think a darker feel would be nice.

i don't think ganondorf will be the villain but we may see him as a child. i hope they explain why navi in oot calls the master sword legendary because at the time that part didn't make sense. just like the legend of the hero of time was present before link pulled the master sword out of the pedestal of time. clearly the new villain or another form of ganon/dorf is the reason for these legends they talk about in oot. i just hope they explain.

Link

Hero of the Lands
I hope that ganondorf is the main master boss of the game along with the help of that wizard guy aghnim from the link to the past game just for fun and added content of the story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom