• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Wild Tears of the Kingdom guesses

I agree that we really need this. I played OoT3d recently and the sword button was B and it was just so... so weird. I was literally sitting there yelling "WHY". B is never for attacks, it's for jumps or items if there's no jumps. I've forgotten what the B button is in Botw.
Why wouldn't sword be B if interact is A? It's been a good minute since I've touched a 3d Zelda game but I feel like sword has pretty consistently been B until BotW that made it uh... whichever one is on the far left. Is that X or Y? I forgot again.

Pokémaniac13

Triforce Champion
Less of a guess and more of a wish... I want them to keep the option to swap the functions of X and B. I need to keep jump on B. I refused to play BotW with the default controls of jump on X. The B button is for jumping. This is a standard truth for all video games as a whole that must not be broached.
I’m so glad I’m not the only person who instinctively presses B for jumping. I played Mario first. Therefore, all games should jump the way I want them to jump!

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
I wonder if they will make it so that Link earns Heart Containers from doing good deeds, giving us bonus rewards to more extensive side-quests. After all, we have seen what great love has done in Twilight Princess with that heart fountain that erupted from the yeti couple.
It wouldn't be all that far fetched to have Link help the people of Hyrule and through their gratitude give him the strength to conquer greater adversaries.
Essentially it would be as if you were earning a name for yourself and becoming more renown to the people of Hyrule.
They saw a heroic warrior slay the giant Demon Beast Ganon pig at the end of BotW, rumors started to spread that the great Hero of yore had returned after a century of absence, and was now restoring the world to proper order.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
This is less of a "wild guess" and more of a "wild what-if"...

What if TotK had a BotW save data bonus... that transferred over all of your complete quests and such, which is then reflected in TotK's world? Meaning anything you did (or didn't do) in your BotW file will affect your TotK file.

Now, I would think that to pre-program every possible combination of completed and non-completed events, from story segments to sidequests and everything in between, DLC included, to carry over like that would take an ungodly amount of time and effort (though that might explain why it's taking so long heh?) so I doubt they'd actually go for this. But that would certainly make for an amazingly individualized adventure. I would just hope they'd count master mode for that since that's my file that's 100% complete lol.
Coming back to this thought again. This is pretty much the last thing left that gives me pause about the game. Whether it's done through save data bonus or not, I really need this game to reflect everything that Link did in BotW. NPCs that existed in BotW should not act like it's the first time they're meeting you in TotK. If they do, I will be legitimately and significantly disappointed and annoyed. I will still probably love the heck out of the game, but that will never stop pissing me off every time I reunite with someone and they act like they've never met Link before. From all that I've seen from the trailers and gameplay previews (haven't seen leaks and don't wanna), this is all I have left to be worried about.

RamboBambiBambo

PREDICTION !!!

FUSION.jpg

Link and Zelda cannot defeat Ganondorf and in a last ditch effort they do the Dragonball Fusion pose, merging their power and souls to become Linkle and defeat Ganondorf once again.

Every Zelda game following the timeline henceforth will then feature Linkle as the protagonist as Link and Zelda's souls have been forever fused.

And if you doubt me on this, just remember that THIS following picture exists in BOTW's files.

ECxsFFFXYAE5aLA.jpg

Proving without shadow of a doubt that the dev team are huge anime fans and it is a very likely possibility.

And yes, this was a joke post. Hope I made you laugh a little.

Coming back to this thought again. This is pretty much the last thing left that gives me pause about the game. Whether it's done through save data bonus or not, I really need this game to reflect everything that Link did in BotW. NPCs that existed in BotW should not act like it's the first time they're meeting you in TotK. If they do, I will be legitimately and significantly disappointed and annoyed. I will still probably love the heck out of the game, but that will never stop pissing me off every time I reunite with someone and they act like they've never met Link before. From all that I've seen from the trailers and gameplay previews (haven't seen leaks and don't wanna), this is all I have left to be worried about.
I've been thinking about it for awhile, how this game I believe is the first direct sequel where the populace would actually be aware Link is the hero. Maybe Zelda II to an extent, but like all the other direct sequels involve Link travelling to another region or realm where the people wouldn't know him... surely there is memory of Link fighting a giant goop pig in Hyrule Field :suspicious:

RamboBambiBambo

surely there is memory of Link fighting a giant goop pig in Hyrule Field :suspicious:
That would almost make no sense, seeing as people were going about their day when suddenly the skies went dark, a giant demon pig appeared out of nowhere, and all you can see of Link would be the origin-points of where the Arrows of Light were coming from.

Knowing Nintendo wanting to have Link remain a sort of Humble Hero, we are more than likely going to see dialogue such as
"It was the strangest thing. A few months ago I travelled this area and a giant demon boar appeared from nowhere. From the Great Plateau I could see that it was fighting someone or something. And then the holy symbol of the goddesses appeared, banishing the demon boar! ... what's that? You say that you are the one who slain that boar? HA! Sorry but no, you are far too scrawny to be capable of such a feat!"

Kinda turning this thread into random hopes more than guesses, but for my last one before the game releases tomorrow...

If there are indeed true underground segments as both is being hinted at and like I've been hoping all this time, I hope the way it interacts with the weather system is unique. I want to see waterfalls of the rains washing down into the caverns as channels flood. I have no thoughts on how it affects climbing, but I'M UNDERGROUND, I'm gonna be going deeper, not climbing out, so I don't care. I just want underground weather effects.

See yall on the other side tomorrow tho :)

RamboBambiBambo

Kinda turning this thread into random hopes more than guesses, but for my last one before the game releases tomorrow...

If there are indeed true underground segments as both is being hinted at and like I've been hoping all this time, I hope the way it interacts with the weather system is unique. I want to see waterfalls of the rains washing down into the caverns as channels flood. I have no thoughts on how it affects climbing, but I'M UNDERGROUND, I'm gonna be going deeper, not climbing out, so I don't care. I just want underground weather effects.

See yall on the other side tomorrow tho :)
Iron Boots.
Diving

If there are underground segments we MUST have an ability that allows us to traverse under-water like in many of the previous games.
Imagine having to require some form of iron boots in order to open a sunken wooden chest that is under the water?
Imagine finding secret areas by diving in rivers and lakes and the ocean, finding a tunnel leading to a brief monster encounter with minor or major treasure?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom