• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Why Was There No Temple to Win to Get the Light Medallion in OoT?

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I think to get the Light Medallion was to collect all three Spiritual Stones and go to the Temple of Time and receive the Ocarina of Time or whatever Link was going to do. Making a Light Temple was just too much or not necessary to make in the game. This is my opinion. Plus he received power for completing the task he was doing as his younger self. So, I guess Nintendo was deciding it was not necessary to make a Light Temple. You have also receive the Light Arrows from Zelda^^ Which that could have been the special item. Your boss could have been some enemy who dislikes light. Which was Ganon/Ganondorf^^ I guess this could have been of not making a Light Temple.

donkey kong

Juicy pants.
The realistic reason the Light temple was cut simply not enough cartridge space, and it did not utilize the expansion pack like Majora's mask to give it extra data because the expansion pack game it I think 4 Mega Bytes of memory. But for canon reasons it is most likely given to Link to help in his quest.

That is my theory so fell free to disagree.

I

i_rock

I dont know but i have always thought that maybe it was a reward for doing all that stuff as a kid, and yes the spiritual stones where probably the actual prizes but still that was pretty hard work and what about that whole sceane with ganondorf, pulling out the sword, learning the song of time and what not, i guess you could say that the temple of time was the light temple so to speak.... i dunno its complicated....:zelda:

N

NickH8

This is my theory: You get it for opening the door of time. As adult Link you get a Medallion every time you complete a Temple/Dungeon right? Well the Temple of Time is a temple, but not one that were used to. Stop and think: each Temple/Dungeon has these things:
Puzzles/Obstacles, a dungeon item, and a boss. While it doesn't have a Boss. It does have the other 2. The puzzle/obstacle? Gathering the 3 spiritual stones to open the door of time. The dungeon item? None other than the sword of evil's bane: The Master Sword!
After you open the door and claim the sword, you wait 7 long years, and eventally complete the temple, when Rauru awards you the Light Medallion.
Do you guys think this is a good theory?

LordFire

King of Fire
I wouldn't say you didn't do anything to get the Light Medallion.
Before you could even GET into the future you had to collect three spiritual stones and grab the Ocarina of Time. I think that in and of itself is worth as much as a temple.
It would also be very annoying to be in the future and have to defeat ANOTHER temple to get the first medallion, for me anyways.

H

Hero of Storms2

Yes it seems like the three child dungeons are all you would need and it seems like for most zelda games you go through three dungeons and then you finally go to get the master sword

R

rainbowbrewster

Development issues aside, I always figured that getting the spiritual stones and opening the temple of time awakened Rauru. Therfore, you get the Light Medallion for awakening him and becoming the "hero of time."
If you want to get all metaphorical though, Link is like the "light" of the crappy world that Ganondorf created :]

Because Rauru was already awakened and the light temple is in the sacred realm. It would've been kinda cool to roam around in the light temple though...

Nightcaller17

Destroyer of Souls
The reason you do not play in the Light Temple is because Rauru was already awakened and if Rauru had not been there, then who would have woken Link up after seven years? He was the only awakened sage before you start your quest as an adult. The Light Temple is also in the heart of the Sacred Realm. No evil has penetrated the Sacred Realm. Therefore, there is no reason for Link to defeat a dungeon to get the Light Medallion.

The expansion pack had nothing to do with the cartridge's memory. It only boosted the system's RAM (memory used to store things for quicker access at later times; this memory is purged the moment you powered the system down). They also could have fit another temple in pretty easily. Why they didn't is because of time. It would have delayed the game further if they had gone through with another temple, and I guess they felt it wasn't necessary. Looks like they were right, 'cause the game still rocks. Besides, like others have implied, someone had to be there to let Link know what was going on, and Zelda was hiding.

MW7

I feel like if they originally planned to have a Light Dungeon, then the dungeon item would have been the hookshot. Dampe would have only given you a heart piece then.

I think they could have done this for OOT 3d. I agree that space probably limited the original game, but I'm guessing most people didn't buy OOT 3d for the prettied up graphics which seemed to be what Grezzo focused on most.

Last edited:
It would be awesome if there was an extra temple which after beating you get Light medallion...But Rauru was already awakened so there was no need to do anything to get it...But I think it was medallion for completing 3 previous temples and getting the master sword!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom