• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Why Was There No Temple to Win to Get the Light Medallion in OoT?

Ocarina of Time is a fantastic game as we all know.
But why was there no temple to beat to get the light medallion.?
For all the others you had to win a temple neat a boss .

There where very disappointments with the game but tis is one.
The temples where not hugely hard but at least you had to work to get them.
You where just given the Light medallion as soon as you enter the Chamber of Sages.
I do not know if there is a thread like this already so apologies for posting this thread if there is one like it.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Because the N64 cartridge can hold only so much space, and I don't think the Expansion Pak was put to much use by the time OoT released, those are my reasonings for no Light Temple. Twilight Princess sort of hints at one, though...

I kinda see it as a reward for beating the Child dungeons. That's just me though.

Yes i see what you mean but in LttP you got no such reward.
A similar reward would have been the girl you rescue from the Palace of Darkness just appearing after you get the Master Sword from the Lost Woods then beat Aganhim in Hyrule castle.
This is one reason i prefer LttP to OoT.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Well, Rauru was already awakened as a Sage, so there was no need to do anything. That's pretty much it.

This kinda creates an interesting plot situation, doesn't it? If Rauru hadn't been awakened, then what would Link do? I guess that wouldn't have been good for the people of Hyrule, because the Hero wouldn't have started his quest. I guess you can see how the rest would go from that point on...

Because the N64 cartridge can hold only so much space, and I don't think the Expansion Pak was put to much use by the time Ocarina of Time released, those are my reasonings for no Light Temple. Twilight Princess sort of hints at one, though...

But I think this looks like the most realistic reason. It's important to keep in mind that Nintendo went through a lot of problems while making OoT. That's why so many stories about the development float around the internet.

Here's a a good example.

Now that I remember, there was also a story about a "Temple of Light" that was taken out of the game when they made the change to cartridges. OoT wasn't always supposed to be a cartridge-based game and they had to cut a lot of content from the game to squeeze it into a cartridge around the middle of the development cycle.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Like I said somewhere else, OoT was originally gonna be on the N64DD, then they cut it to the N64 with unreleased games Ura Zelda and Zelda Gaiden (Majora's Mask) planned for released on the Disk Drive. Entirely new enemies, new dungeons, maybe even some beta elements such as obtaining the Triforce or the fabled Unicorn Fountain were to appear in OoT and later, Ura, but OoT is what it is today and Ura never came to be. Hard disk space limitations, what a wonder they are.

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
Yes i see what you mean but in LttP you got no such reward.
A similar reward would have been the girl you rescue from the Palace of Darkness just appearing after you get the Master Sword from the Lost Woods then beat Aganhim in Hyrule castle.
This is one reason i prefer LttP to OoT.

What an odd reason to prefer one game over the other, but, OK, whatever...

Fig

The Altruist
You can say that the three dungeons (Deku Tree, Dodongo's Cavern, Jabu-Jabu) can equal to the achievement of receiving the Light Medallion.

i think there was supposed to be a light temple originally. i wished they'd tweaked the story in OoT3d so they could put it in but i guess all we'll ever see of the light temple is the chamber of sages=(

Conor

the over analysing guy
Because it wouldn't make sense, 5 temples is plenty, if anything it seems like they only added that to make the story flow better, who else is going to wake Link up from the sacred realm?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom