• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why is Toon Link So Lazy?

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
Didn't he get knocked out? And I know for a fact in FSA you don't START asleep.

Anyway, I never noticed how many games he's asleep in. Now I could probably believe it's "tradition"
At the beginning of Majora's Mask, Link is falling asleep in Epona as they walk through the forest, and then he's mugged by Skull Kid.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
At the beginning of every game since ALttP, Link has been asleep, so it isn't just Toon Link.

ALttP: Sleeping during the storm.
LA: Sleeping after he wrecked his ship.
OoT: Having a nightmare about Ganon.
MM: Asleep on Epona as she trots through the woods.
OoX: Falls unconscious when the Triforce sends him on his quest.
TWW: Asleep in the watchtower on Outset Island.
4S: Unconscious after Vaati kidnaps Zelda.
TMC: Asleep in his room when Zelda comes to take him to the Picori Festival.
TP: Link wakes up as Fado tells him to grab his horse and come to the ranch.
PH: Don't own, but I think he fell asleep on the ship.
ST: He was asleep during Niko's story.
SS: We'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited:
Toon Link is so lazy because he never has to worry about anything because his Grandma and or Niko always takes care of everythign for him and blah blah blah, I have no idea why he's lazy probably just a character trait thrown in to give him more character when he has to go and save his sister or Zelda or whoever/whatever.

H

Howl

I feel like most Zelda games begin with a sleeping Link. A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening (lol), Ocarina of Time, The Wind Waker, The Minish Cap, the DS games, and even Skyward Sword come to mind. The beginning of Twilight Princess always felt weird to me because it didn't begin with a sleeping Link. Besides that, I think it's fair to assume that all Links are sleepy, not just toon. Perhaps, along with courage, a silent nature, and a green suit, each Link also inherits the quality of laziness. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom