• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why is Toon Link So Lazy?

W

Wyndfyre

I wouldn't think too much about it. It's either a nod to OoT, what was intended to be comedic moment or a representation of Link's relaxed lifestyle. I get the vibe that he's bored with that island, home it may be and he loves it so but he longs for adventure and just not the same friggin island day-by-day. So I would sleep a load if I were him. And in that big tower overlooking the ocean, sounds of the waves, seagulls cawing, bugs chirping, the wind blowing... well, you get the picture. I'd be really relaxed and get sleepy too.

Kybyrian

He's way too lazy. Referring to WW: Who wants to take a nap in the middle of the day while seagulls fly around your head? Apparently he does, and he even had his pajamas on. Tsk tsk. In the second quest he wore his pajamas the WHOLE THING. So lazy. He's even so lazy that he pants whenever he gets done swimming.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
The toon Links are like, what, 12-13? They're practically teenagers, so of course they're going to sleep in pretty late. After all, it's only natural.

In MC, that can be explained by how Smithy (I think that was his name) and Link were working all night to finish that sword for the contest winner, so it's natural that Link would sleep in pretty late for that.

In WW, I think he just stayed up late watching the gulls at night and passed out. After all, why else would Link sleep up at the top of a tower where there are no pillows or sheets or anything to make his sleep comfortable as opposed to the bed I think there is at his house?

In PH, he wasn't sleeping at all. He was just extremely bored from Niko's cruddy recap of his adventure (it was pretty inaccurate).

In ST, he was bored to death with Niko's history lesson (poor dude got bored to death by the same guy twice, that has to be tough) after doing what we can probably safely assume to be pulling an all night study lesson on the operation of trains. It's only natural that he can't help it that he fell asleep by Niko's incredibly long history lesson.

And Vincent, you're actually kinda sorta wrong about your statement of Toon Link being asleep at the beginning of each game he's in. FS and FSA exist and in both games, he's not once seen asleep. Then again, they're not often considered part of the main series, but still. They technically count since Toon Link appeared in them.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
Now, you said that he was sleeping in the middle of the day, which I disagree with. The sun was not all the way up in the sky, so I think that maybe it was 11 or twenty or so minutes before 12, which doesn't actually mean "middle of the day." There are a lot people out there that sleep in to 11. So I don't think that Link is lazy since he wasn't sleeping that late into the day.

Last edited:

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
I think it's just to add little bit more personality to him. In all games before WW, Link had no personality whatsoever. Laziness in a few cutscenes was probably just an easy way to add a little life into him. It's more realistic than being wide awake 24/7 while slaying gaint beasts and treaking throughout an entire sea. Also, what was sad before, it was for humor too!

B

Blizzard78

just because link was sleeping in the beginning of the game, doesnt rly make him lazy. i mean look at him later in the game. like tetra says, he "acts before thinking". i think this is sort of a clue that hes not that lazy

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I had always just assumed that it was the morning still in which case it's perfectly fine to be sleeping. Plus, we first see him up in the lookout and I would assume he normally doesn't sleep up there. Why and when did he go up there? We don't know. Perhaps something happened before game cause this. Perhaps he was up late because he was excited for this birthday? Perfect understandable. I was like that when I was younger.

I can't really see someone who goes around saving the world to be 'lazy'.

Zelda's_Child

~Insert Epicness Here~
I s'pose Link could be lazy, but I like sleeping in to 11.
Here are a few theories as to why Link sleeps in late.

OOT - Link is constantly getting teased by other children for not having a fairy, so his retreat is his bedroom, where he tries to sleep until they get over it.

WW - It is the morning, and Link has been up all night doing chores for his grandma (who is getting too old for this stuff) He goes to look at the seagulls in the early morning, but falls asleep.

PH - Niko is just plain boring. (I agree, I nearly fell asleep during his presentation!) Anyway, Link knows his past, and tries to get in a bit of sleep before Tetra puts him to work.

ST - Link's grandad tells him that whenever Niko does a presentation, just ignore him and get some sleep, because you will have a big quest ahead of you.

So, ye!

bigflyingpotato

Watch out!
He's way too lazy. Referring to WW: Who wants to take a nap in the middle of the day while seagulls fly around your head? Apparently he does, and he even had his pajamas on. Tsk tsk. In the second quest he wore his pajamas the WHOLE THING. So lazy. He's even so lazy that he pants whenever he gets done swimming.
Have you never slept in? Besides, I don't think those are his pajamas, if you look around his house there are pictures of him and Aryll and he wears those clothes. Also when you play the second quest, Aryll comments "you always wear the same clothes, I think you need a new look" like cartoon characters, those are the clothes he wears basically all the time.

Toon Link isn't lazy! He need's sleep! Just because he doesn't get up and stuff doesn't mean he's lazy!

Last edited:

Alar

Clothed in Green
I would say that it emphasizes the transformation in his personality from a boy who sleeps all day and is quite lazy, to a Masterful Wind Waker chosen by the gods.

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
I'm going to assume it's just his age. When I was ten I certainly wouldn't want to save the world or get up early. I mean, OoT young Link didn't want to wake up to Navi's terrible voice, but still, it's just as considered Lazy as well. Adult like however realized the gravity of the situations much more then young Link would.

I'd sleep late too if all I had to look forward to was chores with grandma and only had about 3 acres of land to play on and with no one my own age. Plus the sound of the waves coming in all night wouldn't exactly make it hard to sleep. That would be pretty cool to sleep out on the beach under the stars though.

Alar

Clothed in Green
Didn't he have that kid with that thing hanging out of his nose and his brother , but i dont balme him that kid would gross me out big time

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom