• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Why i think Zelda Wii U will be a 2016 title and opinions about Zelda 30 years anniversary!

In 02/21/86 in Japan Nintendo release the first Zelda game. 2016 will be the 30 years anniversary of the first game and i think that Nintendo will release the new Wii U Zelda in the same period of the first game. Unless they have something pretty good to present to us next year like another new game or something like that but i have no idea what they could do. But what do you guys think that will be and what do you think Nintendo will do in the 30 years anniversary of The Legend of Zelda?

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
Finally, someone with a brain! :) I like you. Yes, I also believe Zelda U will release next year also. That, another remake, another spinoff, or the next original 3DS Zelda. Something Zelda related will release next year, I can tell that much, mostly based on what Miyamoto said about multiple Zelda projects for 3DS being worked on. One of them is MM 3D, but if back to how Miyamoto mentioned "multiple" projects, this means that there is more than just MM 3D for 3DS on the way. This could very well mean another orignal 3DS Zelda is already in the works. If that's the case, we should a new 3DS Zelda release sometime next year or the year after. This all depends on when Zelda U releases and/or whenever next 3DS Zelda's development completes. Also, if the next 3DS Zelda uses same engine as ALBW or OoT3D/MM3D, we should expect a big chance for a 2016 release, however if Zelda U releases next year, then the next 3DS Zelda will be delayed to 2017. It all depends on what happens on Nintendo's part mostly and somewhat on our part as fans. Nintendo wants to make sure we are all satisfied with what they provide us.

Zelda Wii U is too important a release to be pushed into 2016. With the Wii U still struggling, Nintendo has no room for delay. Considering the game has been in development for roughly four years, I see no reason for it to be pushed back to 2016.

As for the 30th Anniversary celebration, I can see Nintendo releasing something similar to the Collector's Edition on Gamecube, albeit with more games.

Zelda Wii U is too important a release to be pushed into 2016. With the Wii U still struggling, Nintendo has no room for delay. Considering the game has been in development for roughly four years, I see no reason for it to be pushed back to 2016.

As for the 30th Anniversary celebration, I can see Nintendo releasing something similar to the Collector's Edition on Gamecube, albeit with more games.

Well, for me the 30th anniversary will be a year more important for Nintendo. But like i said, Nintendo could make something else. But i guess we will get the next Zelda by the end of february in 2016.

TriFiERCE

Fury, Spirit, and Will
I think it will release late this year, and still be considered for the 30th anniversary. I mean they'll only be like 2 months off, and odds are people will still be playing it by the time of the anniversary.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
In 02/21/86 in Japan Nintendo release the first Zelda game. 2016 will be the 30 years anniversary of the first game and i think that Nintendo will release the new Wii U Zelda in the same period of the first game. Unless they have something pretty good to present to us next year like another new game or something like that but i have no idea what they could do. But what do you guys think that will be and what do you think Nintendo will do in the 30 years anniversary of The Legend of Zelda?

Oh not another one.

2015 is the year Nintendo keeps telling us, it's the Date Aounuma himself is telling us. They were at the stage where they could add anything they want to in the game, that is how far along in development it is. It's nearly done. We are going to see it and be able to have it in our homes this year 2015.
It is too important to them to get it out on time for them to delay it.

Either Aonuma or Miyamoto said Zelda U would be playable at E3 as well, so I would be pretty sure it's coming out this year. An updated collector's edition for 2016 would be nice though!

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I had a similar thread asking if a 2015 release date was plausible, a lot of members think so. I guess a late 2015 release date will happen, it could happen, but a 2016 release date might happen also. I think it really depends on were the game is in development, the next info we get will probably tell us if it will release this year, or be pushed to the next.

I had a similar thread asking if a 2015 release date was plausible, a lot of members think so. I guess a late 2015 release date will happen, it could happen, but a 2016 release date might happen also. I think it really depends on were the game is in development, the next info we get will probably tell us if it will release this year, or be pushed to the next.
I hope that the Nintendo E3 Direct will be answer. And Nintendo will probably do a Zelda Direct about it.

Technically it was 21/02/86 as this is Japan and not the USA.

And I do think that date for a world wide release would something really cool with a little something to mark the occasion. Skyward Sword hot that bonus music disc for the 25th anniversary. Makes me realise that SS is almost 5 years old now. Wow. Still I think a little retrospective or even a simple port of the GC collectors disc to the WiiU would work just fine. Even with the WW demo on it, as it'd make people who don't own WW to go buy it.
Either Aonuma or Miyamoto said Zelda U would be playable at E3 as well, so I would be pretty sure it's coming out this year. An updated collector's edition for 2016 would be nice though!
Nintendo really do not do re-release collector's editions for the same system as the original. It'd be a pre-release collector's edition. That will sell out in a minute and be up on ebay for 5x the price as usual.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I'm sure they have something planned for the 30th anni, but probably not this.
I agree. The 25th anniversary was fantastic, but I don't think there needs to be a 3D Zelda game released for the 30th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom