• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why Didnt the Wind Waker Have a Water Themed Temple?

I never understood this. they had it perfectly set up, you were going to get the water pearl, then you just get it! why do you think there was no water dungeon in the game? there were already hardly any dungeons... (not counting the Forsaken Fortress)

would you have liked to see a water based temple in the Wind Waker?

Djinn

and Tonic
Just seems like it would be overkill. The entire game is water themed so I cannot really see just how a water themed temple would stand out in any significant way. Every time Link is in the overworld you have to overcome water based traps and enemies. Almost every single island requires you to swim, or use items to get past water in some way. The only change is when you reach a relatively large island and whatever temple they hold. And many parts of the Forsaken Fortress could be taken as one. There are many parts where you have to avoid rising water, keep from falling into water, etc. Only the Forsaken Fortress is not the water based nightmare the water temple of OoT is.

Plus there is the fact that the water temples are normally found deep under lake Hylia. Well Lake Hylia is down in a valley in a low lying area of Hyrule so it would be in the frozen old Hyrule beneath the ocean. There is no way to reach that in the game without having to enter the world below then go to a specific temple within in.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
The Wind Waker was shortened and a few parts were removed to meet the deadline. And I think the dungeon for the third pearl might be one of them. I think they wanted to include an "Inside Jabun" dungeon, but replaced it with a dialog due to time. Some people may consider the Tower of the Gods as a water dungeon, but I do not think so. I was kind of disappointed that the Wind Waker is essentially all water, and yet there was no water dungeon, and Link couldn't swim. Yeah, for some reason they don't teach kids how to swim when the entire country is flooded.

Djinn has a good point, it might be overkill... but it would be nice to get some kind of sweet water-based item (not really sure what) because yes, there is plenty of water in the game, but its really not the same... i mean link cant swim or dive, you cant even see under the water like the other games. an "inside JAbun" dungeon would be awesome in my opinion :)

Djinn has an excellent point that I hadn't thought of before. Just like he said, the entire game takes place on a vast, seemingly endless ocean. Having a Water-Themed dungeon might've had more than a couple gamers saying something along the lines of "Ugh, I'm sick of all this water."

Besides, the Tower of the Gods has some Water elements. The first floor is filled with water. Water empties out of and flows into the rooms on the first floor. The entire main area of the first floor is filled with water and you must use the King of Red Lions to navigate.

Although it doesn't make any sense whatsoever, I've always considered the Tower of the Gods as being the water dungeon in the game. Sure, it's not played out how these dungeons are always played out, but if you take a look at the dungeon itself, or at least the first part of it, it's highly water based. Constantly changing water levels in almost every room on the first floor, a big wide open sea area right in the beginning, and you have to use the King of Red Lions in said open area to get from place to place. Nintendo may have taken out an actual water dungeon sure, but I think along with the premise of the game itself, and this dungeon thrown in there to, another water dungeon would've been complete overkill. It probably would've made me hate it even more than Tingle.

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
The Wind Waker was shortened and a few parts were removed to meet the deadline. And I think the dungeon for the third pearl might be one of them. I think they wanted to include an "Inside Jabun" dungeon, but replaced it with a dialog due to time. Some people may consider the Tower of the Gods as a water dungeon, but I do not think so. I was kind of disappointed that the Wind Waker is essentially all water, and yet there was no water dungeon, and Link couldn't swim. Yeah, for some reason they don't teach kids how to swim when the entire country is flooded.
Also, Fire Mountain and Ice Ring Isle was supposed to be longer (mini-dungeons instead of time-limited challeges), but this was also changed due to a lack of time.

I think that the Tower of the Gods took up a bit of that mantle (in fact at least one guide I have read refers to it as the water dungeon), with the first big room being dependent on your boat.

Also, the entire game is on the ocean and features a lot of mini-dungeons/challenges (like the Reefs) that take place entirely on the water. So it would feel pretty redundant to me to have a specific dungeon for water when so much of the rest of the game focuses on it already.

it did have a water temple. The Tower of gods. of course, ToG dosen't really count, the should have made Nayru's pearl a dungeon. the item is bombs, located in that cave where you meet Jabun, it would have been SWEET! of well, the game's still good. (although I've never actually played WW :D)

well the Tower of the gods sort o acted as a water temple in a sense with the water level rising and lowering on it's own

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
Also, Fire Mountain and Ice Ring Isle was supposed to be longer (mini-dungeons instead of time-limited challeges), but this was also changed due to a lack of time.

I think those mini-dungeons were really good though. I'm terrible at time challenges so it actually took me a couple tries. Well, at Ice Ring Isle I kept falling.

I think as djinn does a Water temple would have been to much as the game has so much sea in it.
Although apparently they weanted to include more levels.
Probably a lack of time being the reason why they did not do more levels.

Temple of the gods was the closet they came to a water temple.

Never realised the ice ring and fire mountain where supposed to be longer though.
But when you think about it getting these weapons should have been harder.

The temple of the gods was the water temple. it had oodles of water. It rose and fell. That was just the first floor though. :-/

Toboe

Melody Malone
I think they should have had a water temple. They might have just been lazy about it and kept it a short and easy game, but the snake boss for me was hard because I'm not good at timeing. Or they might have been plaining on puting it in but forgot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom