• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who's Your best and Worst Character in Brawl?

I can't find my ssbb disc, so I haven't played in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time. I remember I played with Luigi and Toon Link. My worst would probably be olimar(ironically my brother's best is him, he owns with him).

Sparky

Crawfish Prime
Link is both my favourite and best character.

My play style is more long range combat, with as least close combat as possible. So I focus at precision bombing, boomerang knockback and unexpected arrows. I also focus on dodging close combat, staying away from other characters when I can and recovery, meaning i'm usually the one with the most damage before KO of the match. I'm known by the people I play for my ability to somehow recover from some of the least surviveable situations.

In saying that, my worst character is Yoshi. Which is ironic, as my main rival of the friends I play this with has Yoshi as his best character, and his play style is highly aggresive. He's the guy who always, ALWAYS gets the Smash Ball, and has mastered Yoshis somewhat awkward Final Smash, and probably the reason I play so defensively.

I wouldn't say I have a WORST character, but I do know for a fact that my best is...

wait for it...

IKE! Yes, the slowass character no one seems to properly appreciate. =P That's why I like him, he's different. And powerful as all hell. And his Ragnell is one of the more epic blades I've ever seen in any game.

You seem to be saying that no one appreciates him for his slowness. However, his Ragnell is a bit of a cheap weapon. Sure, it's slow and can't land that well. Also, the fact that it is so large and sends you flying once you are hit by it once, isn't really that cheap at all. And his final smash isn't as cheap. Just an easy to execute rapid slashing of the sword that makes an instant KO. Yup, that's definitely not cheap.

Yes, I know every final smash makes 1 hit KOs. But Ike's final smash is so easily usable. Look at Captain Falcon's. Cheap, but it's a little difficult to land. Zelda and Sheik also make one hit KOs. Yet, the Light Arrow is easily dodgeable. Look at Marth's final smash. It's cheap, but if you don't land it correctly, you kind of go flying across that stage most likely straight to your death. Ike? You just get right next to the target and use it. On Battlefield, when some guy playing as Ike got the other player and I in his final smash, we went flying. We were too busy quarreling for the smash ball and once he got it, he went straight in for the kill. And he won. If you think Sonic is the reason smash balls are mostly turned off, then think again. Also, take into consideration why he's so slow. Why? He has such a large weight. Now normally that would be a disadvantage that Roy handed down to him. But what if he was hit by his own blade? Pretty much every other character (except for Captain Falcon, Gannon, Dedede, and Charizard) goes flying. Ike just jumps back a bit. That's just atrocious.

Sparky

Crawfish Prime
Just an easy to execute rapid slashing of the sword that makes an instant KO. Yup, that's definitely not cheap.

Yes, I know every final smash makes 1 hit KOs. But Ike's final smash is so easily usable. Look at Captain Falcon's. Cheap, but it's a little difficult to land. Zelda and Sheik also make one hit KOs. Yet, the Light Arrow is easily dodgeable. Look at Marth's final smash. It's cheap, but if you don't land it correctly, you kind of go flying across that stage most likely straight to your death. Ike? You just get right next to the target and use it. On Battlefield, when some guy playing as Ike got the other player and I in his final smash, we went flying. We were too busy quarreling for the smash ball and once he got it, he went straight in for the kill. And he won.
Obligatory LOL WUT reply. You're right in the sense that Ike has an easy to pull off Final Smash in comparison to some other characters and it does a large amount of damage and theres a good chance it can KO you.

However, if you aren't absolutely terrible at playing defensively, you can dodge his Final Smash, even on a stage like Final Destination, its severely difficult especially if you have next to no time to think about what you're about to do next, but it isn't impossible to dodge it.

Secondly, if you're playing defensively and keeping you're damage as low as you can, it's also survivable. It will do a large amount of damage to you, and will send you on your way to a KO, but it is recoverable if you know what you're doing.

If you think Sonic is the reason smash balls are mostly turned off, then think again. Also, take into consideration why he's so slow. Why? He has such a large weight. Now normally that would be a disadvantage that Roy handed down to him. But what if he was hit by his own blade? Pretty much every other character (except for Captain Falcon, Gannon, Dedede, and Charizard) goes flying. Ike just jumps back a bit. That's just atrocious.
I'm reasonably confused. Half because you called Ganondorf, Gannon..... WHY?

And secondly it appears you're getting angry about a Heavy tiered character having average knockback from a Heavy tiered characters attack.....

D

Dirty Link

best
sonic, zelda, fox, link, wario

worst
ganondorf, ness/lucas, jgglypuff, and yoshi

Best by far is Luigi <3. I also like Falco,Snake,Zelda/Shiek, and Mario. My worst is probably Ice Climbers, Jigglypuff, or Princess Peach (bleh at the last one)

T

Tily

I haven't played Brawl in a while and do not play regularly but...

I'd say my best characters are:

R.O.B.
Toon Link
Zelda
Wario

I know, random, lol, but I didn't choose for the to be my best, they just sorta became my best as I played them.

G

Gon-Gorooon

My best is yoshi, because he kicks much butt.

But my worst is samus, which is sad, because I love metroid.

Nepolink

Corrupted Idiot
My best character in almost all the SSB series is Luigi, Luigi is just fast moving and has a really good movement. for my second best i choose Toon Link, i had a little competition about which character was better, it ended up that i'm better with Luigi. If not the enemy was easier to defeat...

My least? What can i say, i think it will be Jigglypuff. But Jigglypuff is always a pointless add to the fighters, i can't understand why there are characters like ROB, Jigglypuff, Mr Game and Watch and the Ice Climbers. Well i'm pretty good with the Ice Climbers, is just i hardly use them.

Okay, I found out my best definitely is Mario.

Also, one more thing, Super Smash Bros. (the first one) is out on Virtual Console in America, finally.

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I have only recently begun playing Brawl. I started out playing with Pikachu, and was doing alright with him. On a whim, I tried out Lucario and did quite well. Time will tell if I can master Lucario :)

T

Thomphill7

with me i played the first ssb and my best was Link and then ssbm was Link&young Link and then with ssbb still Link & toon Link are still the best for me i don't lose why Im them but the one who i do lose when i play him will be useless Olimar

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom