• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who Would Win?

Which Link is the victor?

• LoZ/AoL Link

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Link to the Past/LA

• Ocarina of Time Adult Link

• OoT/Majora's Mask Young Link

• Wind Waker Link

• Twilight Princess Link

• Minish Cap Link

• Oracle of Seasons/Ages Link

• Four Swords Links

• Any "Missing Link" I am forgetting

• Total voters
Links Awakening Link would PWN!!! he has the noble boomerang, its kills the final boss in one hit, i think thats powa! The Shell Sword (lv 2) He has all sorts of things!!!!!!!

Zarom

The King
No, it's actually just what I expected and wanted. To many, TP Link posses much more experience because of his training with Rusl prior to TP, and TP Link actually killed Ganondorf (Turning to stone is lame and doesn't count). The hidden skills, including the un-blockable Mortal Draw, Final Blow, Helm Splitter and many other give an edge, as well as a giant metallic spiked ball. Magic Armor with 100 rupees lasts longer than any magic draining shield technique from what I remember too. My logical conclusion is that TP Link would indeed win.

No, he wouldn't win. OOT/MM Link would win. (as I said so many times)

First, OOT/MM Link has a stonger sword than TP Link.
Second, TP Link isn't as experienced than OOT/MM Link.
Third, he killed Majora, who is stronger than Ganondorf.
Fourth, TP Link don't have any magic at all.
Fifth, OOT/MM Link has fought so many ennemies that are way tougher than all the ennemies in TP.

And, on top of that, OOT/MM Link would be the winner because he could bring the Deku Princess in the battle. :D :deku:

angelkid

TRR = SWEET

Perhaps, but TP Link is far more skilled with his sword. The hidden skills and his previous training make him by far a superior swordsman to any of the other Links.

I'd actually say he is far more experienced. He's 100% more experienced with a sword, and with life as he is older.

You really can't say that. Have you ever seen Majora fight Ganondorf? No. Therefore you cannot judge.

I don't really think this is a disadvantage. It merely means that he can have unlimited use of his items and he doesn't have to stop, run to some grass, and keep cutting it until he gets a magic jar.

Fifth, OOT/MM Link has fought so many ennemies that are way tougher than all the ennemies in TP.

I don't think so. Just because the games are seen as harder. That is opinion. Personally OoT is one of the easiest Zelda games I have played, and I find it MUCH easier than TP. Also, maybe the games were only harder because you were playing with Young Link? If you were playing with TP Link the games would be easier because TP Link is superior in every way. MM is only seen as harder because it is hard to figure things out, like what to do. I don't really think that skill will help Young Link in the battle.

And, on top of that, OOT/MM Link would be the winner because he could bring the Deku Princess in the battle. :D :deku:

I hate to say it, but many of those points are either false or have no relevance.

First, the Master Sword is the Master Sword. No difference. If you're referring to to Biggoron's Sword, it's not a good move. It completely disables OoT Link's shield, which leaves him super vulnerable to EVERYTHING.

Second, I have no idea where you got that from. OoT Link had absolutely no experience before the events of OoT, while TP Link had a life of experience with the sword. OoT Link may have went on two adventures, but you can't compare that with a life time of experience and an even tougher adventure.

Third, MAJORA IS NOT STRONGER. Why people don't understand this, I have no idea. Ganondorf can only be killed with a sacred weapons, the Light Arrows and the Blade of Evl's Bane. Majora was killed by the KOKIRI SWORD. Add in the sacred power of the gods, and there's nothing to argue about.

Fourth, how does this hold any relevance at all? If anything, the Hidden Skills and 100 rupees magic armor could make up for that way past what few things OoT Link can do with his limited magic skill.

Fifth, again, I don't see where you're going. Just because the game was easier, doesn't mean that the Link featured in that game is weaker. If that was the case, AoL Link would win in a matter of 10 seconds, because he fought enemies way harder than any other Link. Period.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Fifth, again, I don't see where you're going. Just because the game was easier, doesn't mean that the Link featured in that game is weaker. If that was the case, AoL Link would win in a matter of 10 seconds, because he fought enemies way harder than any other Link. Period.

This was actually my argument for AoL Link. :lol: He fought in a fairly primal manner and really had to scrap just to survive. I like to *imagine* that he had more sword skills than he actually showed in the game, though - the 8 bit and primitive system (by today's standards) wasn't able to do as much with him as say... TP.

That said, I'm surprised that TP seems to be the favorite here. Well, not that surprised, he has great skills and is very strong... it's just that... the thing that sparked this original topic was someone comparing TP to OoT and saying how they thought OoT could whoop TP's butt in every way (which lead to me thinking AoL Link had things tougher!) ... I mean, I see a lot of people who loved the OoT era kind of... bash TP Link, consider him weaker because they think his game is easier or just because they're nostaglic and didn't like TP as much.

I know not everybody here liked TP, either / had differences with the game, so... the results of this poll are something I find surprising. I just think that people seem to be largely putting their personal favorite games aside here and really thinking about the skills of the respective characters.

I will say that one of my very FAVORITE things about Twilight Princess was that Link *started out* with some sword training - training under the village swordsman. The way you, as a player, learn the basic skills is through Link *showing off* for the village children - and that's pretty cool. It's like, he knows these skills and is just demonstrating them, while you as Player are actually learning how to do them. It was realistic and, as a writer, I really appreciated that because I'm sort of trained to see that in any given story where a person gains INSTA-SKILLS as soon as they pick up a weapon as bad writing or a hole in the writing. (There are some stories with excuses... "The Tweleve Kingdoms" had the main character's body get infected with a skilled battle-demon who did the swordwork for her, but I digress). While excuseable for gameplay in Zelda games, it sort of bugs me in other titles that Link (or Young Link) can pick up a sword for the first time and instantly know what to do.

1)OoT/MM wields the kokiri Sword, TP Link wields the by far superior Master Sword, The strongest sword in any of the games seeing as it can kill an Immortal being.

2), He only did in the region of 4-6 temples in MM. TP Link did around 9 Temples which is a lot more experience.

3)Majora is a magic Mask, There is no evidence that Majora was a real sorceror or anything like that before MM, infact he was made by a tribe, thats as far as we know. Also Majora can be killed using the Kokiri sword which is pathetic, TP Link KILLED an Immortal Man which he much more powerful blade.

4)OoT/MM Link have hardly any magical powers at all that are of use, TP Link has the 7 Hidden Powers and the Magic Armour which hugely dent most other magic users anyway.

5)Not really, TP has the most powerful enemies...such as CoO is a lot harder than anything in MM apart from a few bosses.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Perhaps, but TP Link is far more skilled with his sword. The hidden skills and his previous training make him by far a superior swordsman to any of the other Links.

Yep tp link is more skilled with swords.

I'd actually say he is far more experienced. He's 100% more experienced with a sword, and with life as he is older.

Yes while tp link is older and has a lot more sword training than oot/mm link tp link has less experience than oot/mm link cuz oot/mm link had one adventure w/ timetravel and thus whence he was sent back in time he was used to using the more powerful/accurate adult weapons as proven by mm which gave him even more experience and also the more powerful swords and shields so that put's him in the 'ultra experienced' catagory past tp link.

You really can't say that. Have you ever seen Majora fight Ganondorf? No. Therefore you cannot judge.

Yep that's 100% true. Unless nintendo made a nintendo channel movie or something in which ganon/dorf faced off against majora we'll never know. But i personally would bet on ganny.

I don't really think this is a disadvantage. It merely means that he can have unlimited use of his items and he doesn't have to stop, run to some grass, and keep cutting it until he gets a magic jar.

True dat. That put's tp link at an advantage.

TP Link would win, he has more strength and seems to have more experiance then the others... The only thing he does not have is Magic. But he can if need be change to a wolf to finish off the battle.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
CD-i Link would win of course, he can kill ganondorf with a simple book so a lot of Link's shouldn't be any problem. :P

On a more serious note, I think TP link would get that donut. He has special sword moves, a sidekick with dark magic and he had to kill many bosses and mini-bosses. He is also a sumo wrestler which gives him an advantage when he has to defend himself. He would simply throw his opponent away.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Okay after reviewing the various links I now know who would be most likely to win. First of all yes tp link is awesome and all and has cool sword moves and stuff and a sidekick with dark magic and all that don't forget that he had the triforce of courage from the beginning which is like cheating. Alttp Link went through 11 dungeons most oof which would've pwnd the other links with only his wits, his weapons, and his courage. Plus he defeated Ganon while he had the whole triforce. If that isn't major power I dunno what is. Ww link would come close to the donut cuz he had to prove himself to the gods that he was worthy rather than being chosen in the first place plus restore the power to the master sword. Then TP link would be in third place cuz you know he'd pretty much pwn all the other links and be pwnd by ww and alttp link.

DreamDevourer

Born to Fail
The TP Link was older, stronger, and overall cooler then the rest of the Links. Why should there be any contest?

fiercedeity619

Remember the name
The TP Link was older, stronger, and overall cooler then the rest of the Links. Why should there be any contest?

because one he basicly only has scroll techniques and a wolf form whereas other links such as four sword link,oot/mm link, loz/aol link, and oox link have been through more than only one adventure and have much more experience. any one of those could take him out.

Silver

The Blue Bomber!
I would go with Majora's Mask Young Link. He is pretty skilled well since he is from Ocarina of Time, thus being skilled as he is from Adult. (Pretty confusing I know)

And along to back up my point. The masks! The odd Deku Scrub! The powerful Goron! And the speedy Zora! Don't forget Fierce Deity! His powerful sword can rip through evil! (Not Ganon because supposedly only the Master Sword can!) Well yes I think I made my point!

C

Cobalt

I cast my vote for TP Link. I haven't really read any of the other arguments posted before me, but here's my piece.

Speaking from a gameplay point of view, TP Link trumps all contenders in the realm of swordplay, and in my opinion showcases himself as being the fiercest warrior. While other Links might have him in the epic and nostalgia department, in a fight none of them hold a candle to TP Link, and to me, for some reason, that holds the most merit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom