• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who Likes Harry Potter?

Well, I do... yeah, I saw the Goblet of Fire tonight on ABCFamily, and my mom and I just kinda started talking about it, as we are the only ones in the house who really like the movies/books. My dad is on #3 and has been since about 2 years ago, and my sisster AND dad boht watch the movies, but don't get it, ANYways, who likes/d the Harry Potter series? Who's seen all the movies? Who's read all theb ooks! Comment! ;)

S

Skyward89

I liked the movies, the only bad thing is that they took so long to come out that it lost my interest. Still i would recomend them to any fantasy fan.

MW7

Well considering that the books have sold over 450 million copies and the movies have made 7.7 billion dollars I'm guessing that you will find a lot of people that like/love Harry Potter. Personally I think the series is the greatest piece of fiction ever written (IMO the only thing that compares is The Lord of the Rings), and the movies are up there in awesomeness with Star Wars. I've read most of the books multiple times but all at least once. I've never been a huge reader but Harry Potter is addicting. I started reading the series when it was coming out, stopped reading after Order of the Phoenix, and finished the last two just this summer. The movies I've watched irregularly. I watched the first 2 soon after release on dvd, saw 5 and 8 in theatres, and have watched 3 and 4 on ABC Family (loving the marathon on now btw). I actually haven't seen 6 yet, but I ordered the dvd collection and it is taking forever to get to me (so thanks again ABC family for holding me off).

The movies can be frustrating at times for someone who really likes the books, but overall they are really cool. I like comparing the movies to Star Wars because they are a cultural phenomenon and don't really receive the critical recognition they deserve during their time (Episode IV did win 6 Oscars but not best picture and V won an Oscar). Star Wars is one of those movies that usually gets mentioned as one of the best ever, some people consider Empire Strikes Back to be even better, and Return of the Jedi might not be quite as good but it is one of the most epic things ever. None of the Harry Potter films have won Oscars, but all of them have been well reviewed especially Prisoner of Azkaban and Deathly Hallows Part 2. All I'm saying is that these movies are the visual representation of what I believe to be the greatest story ever told. They won't win big awards, but when I have kids I'll be showing them Harry Potter movies and not the movies that win those awards.

ZeldaFan11

#TeamPhelps
I love the Harry Potter movies! im not a big fan of books (and i will not read a book thats 300+ pages) but i just watched the newest movie and i loved it, but i got a question about the last movie. if anyone wants to try and awnser it ask. lol. but yeah ill do the same as MW7 and show my kids the harry potter movies instead of the peices of crap that get all the awards( no ofence anyone)

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Do I like Harry Potter... Well, I'm a Beta member on Pottermore, I dressed as a Muggle for Midnight Release of HPATDHP2, I am a walking HP Wiki, and among other things, I can practically recite all seven books from memory... Yeah, I'm an average fan.

Kappa

Black Cat Royalty
My friend read the series over the summer (the entire series, I mean) and now he's reading it again (and its becoming annoying) just because he is 100% Harry Potter and he's spouting it and acting it and writing it on his hands...:sweat:

I'm quite a fan myself, have read all the books twice (thrice on number one and three) and watched all the movies at least once, while the books were all good, some of the movies dissapointed me

books:

1. Harry Potter and the Order of The Pheonix
2. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
3. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
4. Harry Potter and the Philosopher Stone
5. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
6. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
7. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Movies

1. Harry Potter and the Philosopher Stone
2. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
3. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
4. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2
5. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
6. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1
8. Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix

S

Skywardandy

I love the books and the movies in fact thanks to them I became a reader =P

Conor

the over analysing guy
I started reading the books when I was about 6 or 7, I've read them all now, but the last one of the movies I remember watching was maybe the fourth one? And even then I don't remember it that well, I'm not saying they're bad I just lost interest.

I've never told anyone my top books/movies... hmmm.

Books:

1.) Chamber of Secrets
2.) Goblet of Fire
3.) Half-Blood Prince
4.) Deathly Hallows
5.) Prisoner of Azkaban
6.) Sorceror's Stone
7.) Order of the Phoenix

Movies:

1.) Deathly Hallows Pt. 2
2.) Goblet of Fire
3.) Chamber of Secrets
4.) Deathly Hallows Pt. 1
5.) Half-Blood Prince
6.) Prisoner of Azkaban
7.) Sorceror's Stone
8.) Order of the Phoenix

I only like OotP a little, but it's just a side story that kind of sucks, but that's just my opinion. MEH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom