• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who else Would Want to See Another 2D Zelda?

I've never understood the notion that 2D games are a regression. I'd definitely appreciate another overhead game considering The Minish Cap and A Link to the Past are two of my favorite installments.

2D games are a realm for experimentation and innovation. As Curmudgeon noted, 2D games are experiencing a renaissance on downloadable platforms. These are highly stylized adventures like Limbo or more streamlined revivals such classic sidescroller Castlevania.

Nintendo had the right idea with Mario not its action-adventure series including Zelda and Metroid. Altering between 2D and 3D games is bound to keep the franchise fresh. Since development periods are longer for 3D titles, 2D games could occupy the long wait period.

LANZZ

Scarecrow
I like all 2D Zelda games especially Link Awakening, and i would like to see another...

In my opinion; Nintendo should make another 2D Zelda game because it is low budget game, and the development time is short compared to 3D game (they can still get a lot of profits because Zelda Series have a lot of fans). Maybe they can releasing it for 3DS/NDS E-Shop...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom