• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who created the labyrinths?

CreeperMaster343

Spirit Tracks Zelda best companion, LinkxNavi FTW
Well this is pure conjecture but perhaps it might have been whoever became Dinraal, Naydra and Farosh, who I suspect were like Zonai priests or something and were the reason why the process of Draconification was known

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Maybe I shouldn't be in this thread, but do you mean the same ones from Breath of the Wild that are in Tears of the Kingdom and now have
adjacent labyrinths in the sky and depths? They are obviously Zonai in origin, the original ones from BotW were confirmed to be made by the Zonai in Creating a Champion.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
Well this is pure conjecture but perhaps it might have been whoever became Dinraal, Naydra and Farosh, who I suspect were like Zonai priests or something and were the reason why the process of Draconification was known
I remember having a reason why it wouldn't be the dragons, but it does seem like they're separate beings like rauru is because they talk to you when you activate the portals

The ruler of boars (power) has domain over the Gerudo Lomei Labyrinth.

The ruler of owls (wisdom) has domain over the Hebra Lomei Labyrinth.

The ruler of dragons (courage) has domain over the Akkala Lomei Labyrinth.

This theory makes the most sense, however, building projects of this scale would have to require much more manpower than just the priests commissioning them. I honestly do think that Dinraal, Naydra, and Farosh are the people speaking to you when they offer their challenge, and they are Zonai from a more modern era post-OoT. Who else would have authority to claim "ruler" over the Zonai representations of the aspects of the Triforce?

I'm onboard with the three dragons. We have seen dragons in previous games talk; with their voices, even. Given the motif, of dragon imagery, I am leaning towards the structures being built after they became dragons.

I think that the Rulers of Boar/Owl/Dragon in TotK are all the Priests that owned outfits of the Ember/Frostbite/Charge set that Link gets. However they are only their "echoes" like how Zelda had as herself has a hologram of herself to Link the ability Recall. Think of Hylia songs that she left for Link in Skyward Sword.
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Nayru's Wisdom [HD]

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
I think that the Rulers of Boar/Owl/Dragon in TotK are all the Priests that owned outfits of the Ember/Frostbite/Charge set that Link gets.
the owners of the previous sets were more likely the dragons in my mind given the similarities between the dragons and the sets, and the fact that the light dragon looks distinctly like zelda in some ways (ie, the dragons take after the humanoid appearance to an extent)

the dragons being the creators of the labyrinth would be weird if one of the rulers is a ruler of dragons itself. It feels too recursive

the owners of the previous sets were more likely the dragons in my mind given the similarities between the dragons and the sets, and the fact that the light dragon looks distinctly like zelda in some ways (ie, the dragons take after the humanoid appearance to an extent)

the dragons being the creators of the labyrinth would be weird if one of the rulers is a ruler of dragons itself. It feels too recursive
That is thing. The priest outfits seem to made AFTER the Dragons, because they are modeled after them.
Back the the Dragon themself, and they have long ears and rabbit and goat faces, made them possibly Zonai like Rauru and Mineru. While Light Dragon and Demon Dragon are shorter ears, and a snout that is more rabbit and goat too. The Demon Dragon was a pig nose too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom