• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who Are Your 5 Favorite Video Game Characters?

jugglaj91

I am me....
Link - Standard Hero
Mario - Favorite Plumber/Carpenter
Mickey - in epic mickey
Ganon - for his badness
Mew - ok he is a pokemon but still, he can learn almost everything

So I gave some slight reasons as to why. I don't generally pick any favorites so those are in no particular order.

I have a lot of favourite character's from video games. But these are my most favourite:
1. Yoshi
He's a dinosaur, and I love dinosaur's. All praise Yoshi! :D

2. Ike (from Fire Emblem)-
His character is just amazing. I dislike all ripped typed characters/people, but he's an exception. =]

3. Luigi-
He never get's enough praise. Luigi is number 1! =]

4. Kirby-
He's just so adorable! A cute pink piece of bubble-gum, that's what I call him.

5. Amy (from the Sonic Saga)-
Her personallity is just amazingly crazy. Having someone as an obesstion is just cute. But she can be a bit nuts as well. I say we have things in common. :3

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
1. Link (I think that nobody can defeat him) :)
2. Mario (3D games are the greatest)
3. Donkey Kong (from only one game - Donkey Kong 64)
4. Samus Aran (currently only from Super Metroid, Zero Mission and Fusion)
5. Ness (very close rival to Samus)

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
In no particular order:

Sam Fisher (Splinter Cell)
Max Payne
Ryu Hayabusa (NES Ninja Gaiden series)
Link
Joanna Dark (N64 Perfect Dark)

MrLuigi

Theorist
1. CAPTAINFREAKINGFALCON from F-ZERO

2. Ganondorf from The Legend of Zelda

3. General Seth from Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

4. Luigi from Super Mario

5. Bobbery from Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

Beeker

Wild Card
Here are my top five, but I guess you could change them around a bit :P

5. Midna-I enjoyed her character and personality.
4. Dragonite- One of my favourite Pokemon that I love to death because of its awesomeness and cuteness XD
3. Mario-I, like many others, grew up with this guy which puts him on here. And most if not all his games are amazing.
2. Link- you all know about him, he's an awesome hero ;D
1. Yoshi- I've loved this dinosaur since I was little, and still do, just as much.
All praise Yoshi! :D

1. Yoshi (Super Mario Bros.)
2. Miles "Tails" Prower (Sonic the Hedgehog)
3. Saki Amamiya (Sin & Punishment)
4. Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)
5. Samus Aran (Metroid)

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Master Chief
Sam Fisher
Chris Redfield
Leon S. Kennedy
Samus Aran

As you can notice. Link isn't on my list. Well I felt it was better to go away from the usual badasses like Mario, Link, Sonic, etc because I wanted to go for characters that actually have character. Mario is just Mario and Link never speaks. Even though that is what makes them great, I like the people as characters a whole lot more.

I think there was already a thread like this, but I've got a new list anyway.
5. SOFIA III (Blaster Master)- Blaster Master is a hidden gem on the NES. The tank you use is a stellar transportation device. This baby can shoot all forms of laser projectiles, shoot lightning at any opponents that attempt to escape under her, and missiles that can take down the mock-Cthulhu walls. She can also hover for short periods of time to take down pesky aerial enemies, and cling to walls and ceilings, allowing her to scale even the steepest of walls. While you may argue that she isn't technically a character, Jason pilots her, and she has AI in some other Blaster Master games, so I believe that makes her eligible.
4. Madotsuki (Yume Nikki)- Yume Nikki is one of the most horrifying and deep games ever. The speculation on it is endless. However, it has a couple of themes that may not be safe for young kids or the easily scared. You've been warned. Anyway, the center of most of the speculation is the main character, Madotsuki, who despite seeing every perturbing symbol/figure in her dreams, doesn't react (until the end.) She's nicer than Megaman and Kirby, in that when she takes her abilities, they are given to her, instead of having her kill something to earn the abilities (albeit killing is an option if the knife is equipped.) Based on her dreams, there's been speculation that she may be mentally ********, socially incapacitated, an immigrant, or even a survivor of a car-crash. She's the deepest character ever in a game with no dialogue or back-story.
3. the Prince (Prince of Persia)- In the original PoP the Prince was a silent fencer/acrobat. He's determined to break out of his unjustified prison, defeat Grand Vizier Jafar, and rescue his princess, all under the unknown time limit of 1 hour (2 hours on the SNES.) His acrobatic skills (combined with his rotoscopic presentation) make the game into a very cinematic experience (and this was back before 3D was common.) His finesse with a blade makes him an unstoppable warrior, determined to kill every grunt in his way. He doesn't care how, but he's got the power to do everything to save his future bride.
2. Kefka Palazzo (Final Fantasy VI)- Ah, this is going to start a small controversy. Many fans of the FF series are stubborn when arguing whether or not Kefka or Sephiroth (from VII) are the better villains. I find that Kefka was a lot more fun, as instead of being the avatar of doom and gloom and hatred he's more of a nihilistic narcissist that has fun while fighting. He doesn't care how he'll be on top, he'll just do everything. He poisons an entire castle (which makes him another enemy), and hunts, tortures, and discards sacred idols to become the angel-like deity of black magic, but still dons his clown get-up all through it. His trademark laugh makes him the most entertaining and likable villain ever.
1. Curly Brace (Cave Story)- Talk about human; Curly Brace is the most human-like character in a videogame to date. I even know someone who is an unarmed version of Curly Brace, which freaked me out when I thought about it. Curly Brace is a female robot who was sent with her mute buddy Quote to destroy the deathly crown that possesses those who wear it. She fails and is deactivated for a decade. She wakes up to find that a race of cute sentient bunnies (Mimigas) are being captured and turned into bioweapons for one man's gain. She protects a colony of Mimigas with her machine gun, only sparing the fellow defenders of Mimigas. That said, she's very kind and willing, even at one point giving up her air-tank to save her comrade's life (even then she can be saved, but it's very valiant of her anyway.) She cares for the weak(ened), innocent, and persecuted, and she vows to do everything possible to show it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom