• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Who Are You Most Looking Forward to Playing As?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Whilst they have not revealed all characters yet, who are you looking forward to playing as most out of the characters so far?
Personally I'm looking forward to playing as Darunia the most. I was really glad they announced him, I prefer playing as heavy hitting powerful characters most and his style looks like it will be complimentary to how I like playing. Plus he's a Goron and they are my favourite race in Zelda.

Maikeru

Piper of Time
I have to say Agitha. I don't see myself maining her or anything, but I'm very intrigued to know how it feels to control her bugs. There's not one character on the roster at the moment that I won't try at least once.

I'm also intrigued by Ruto, who I might actually wind out maining.

Sheik

:the:
I'm definitely looking forward most to playing as Impa. She's my favorite Zelda character of all time, and she's wielding a giant badass sword, so what more could I ask for?

Mido

Version 1
This question, is indeed a hard one to answer in my opinion. Truthfully, I am going to have to concede to Fierce.Deity's choice and say, Link.

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving what I've been observing out of the game, and the movesets for each character is well put together. My reason for choosing our hero is primarily due to a lack of sword/shield gameplay in the Warriors series. Most characters have large spears, maces, clubs, flails, longswords, claymores, staves, and even fans as their weapons of choice. Not until, at least in Dynasty's case, the fifth installment of its series did audiences get the chance to enjoy the sword and shield. This was to occur in the form of Xingcai, the daughter of Zhang Fei, and a powerful new character at the time. In the end, I will probably play as every character at some point or another. :yes:

Maikeru

Piper of Time
If I were to rank who I'm most interested in playing in, I'd do this:

Agitha
Ruto
Lana (Deku Stick)
Zelda (Rapier)
Lana (Book of Sorcery)
Impa
Link
Zelda (Wind Waker)
Darunia
Midna
Sheik
Fi

I have to agree with Inferno. It'll be a pleasure to wield the Megaton Hammer once more, this time as Darunia. Playing Saria's song to him in Ocarina of Time is one of the most memorable moments in the series for me, and I can't wait to play as the Goron Leader himself. I've always been a fan of heavier characters too because of the way they control; there is some leeway on how precise the player needs to be.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Ruto, Agitha, Zelda, and Impa. I don't know why. It's just that all these characters don't really seem like fighters and I'd be awesome to kick butt with them

If I ever play the game I'd probably almost never use Link.

Lana. She's like Ty-Lee crossed Ghanti... except in magical anime girl form. Like... she just seems really playful and laid back for the most part. But at the same time, she comes across as a serious character at the right moments--which I suppose is appropriate seeing that she has a pretty important role as the White Sorceress.

Darunia because Darunia. He's a really likable character, in my opinion. Plus, he's got them moves like Jagger. I think I'm going to have so much fun playing as him, just clearing out everything with sheer Goron strength. It's gonna be great. Darunia needs more love, so I'm happy he's gonna be playable in Hyrule Warriors.

And I think I'm going to enjoy playing as Sheik and Impa, too. Just because they're badasses.

Big Octo

=^)
Definitely Darunia. He was my favorite sage from Ocarina of Time, yet he wasn't really ever seen in action. The closest thing we got was him saying that he'd try to handle Volvagia, and nothing more. Finally, his abilities can be completely showcased. Whether it's anything like Goron Link or another spin on brute Goron strength, I'm sold. I'm glad he was chosen for the roster.

Oh, and he better have a dance taunt. If not that's a severely missed opportunity.

I am looking forward to playing as Ruto. I have always loved the Zora Race and was hoping for maybe Mikau but I am fine with her. I also hope that villains become playable. I want to play as Ghirahim and Zant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom