• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who Are the "Dark Interlopers?"

Diablo

King of Redeads
There has been many theories thrown around about this, such as some think they were Sheikahs that becames corrupt. Or the gerudo as shopy stated. I doubt that they are a new race though since it said that they were ancient. My theory is that the Hylians got into a civil war over the triforce one side trying to protect it and the other try to take it for greed. The gods intervened and cast the ones who wanted it for selfish reasons into the twilight realm where they eventually evolved into the twili.

well that could be. i just based my theory on what midna said. what she sounded like ganondorf and the gerudo from oot but i know that's not possible because the twilight realm existed a long time before ganondorf. maybe part of the gerudo were banished in to the twilight realm. it's odd that ganondorf could use magic( before he got the ToP) when others in hyrule could not. the only other to use magic in hyrule were koume and kotake, also gerudo. i just think it's strange that midna would mention zant's eyes. i just played this earlier and zant's eyes are the same color as ganondorf's was in oot. very interesting.

Pinecove

Last Chance
shopy01 said:
well that could be. i just based my theory on what midna said. what she sounded like ganondorf and the gerudo from oot but i know that's not possible because the twilight realm existed a long time before ganondorf. maybe part of the gerudo were banished in to the twilight realm. it's odd that ganondorf could use magic( before he got the ToP) when others in hyrule could not. the only other to use magic in hyrule were koume and kotake, also gerudo. i just think it's strange that midna would mention zant's eyes. i just played this earlier and zant's eyes are the same color as ganondorf's was in oot. very interesting.

This is the only time Zant's eyes are mentioned:

Traitors, ha! You want to know why
none would call you king? It was
your eyes, Zant.

All saw it, a lust for power burning
in your pupils... Did you think we'd
forget our ancestors lost their king
to such greed?

It has to do with a lust for power, not being a Gerudo, or anything silly like that.

Source

A

Anaribia

It has to do with a lust for power, not being a Gerudo, or anything silly like that.

Actually it says that her ancestors lost their king to such greed. Ganon can be considered king of the Gerudo people. However, I don't think that's a true base for confirming they're Gerudo...it seems far more likely they'd be Sheikah...

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
old thread;dr

I'll point to the symbols on the back of the Fused Shadow, on the Twilight throne, and all over the Twilight Realm. The first two obviously being Sheikah symbols, the last appearing to be a modernized version of it.

Do we know anything more about the king that was lost to greed? Anyway, the interlopers are shown in that quote to be disgusted by greed. The sheikah were dedicated to service.

Also Midna's mode of transportation (that she uses after completing a dungeon) reminded me of Sheik's (throwing something on the ground which popped). But that argument's very weak and doesn't make any sense anyway (deku nut vs. magic). Just something funny I noticed.

Majora's Cat

How about that
Anything's possible. I think the Twili are in some way connected to the Sheikah. They can cast magic, but the Twili came to be only because of the war for the Triforce.

K

Kylehorrible

Further proof behind the correlation between the Dark Interlopers and Majora is that the Majoras beast bears a small resemblance to the Spider form of Midnas fused shadow power.

The Dark interlopers, are the ancestors of the twili that live in the twilight realm. The leader of the interlopers is Midna`s descendent, since she tells Link that, before entering abiters grounds. It could be possible that the sheikah, are somehow related to the interlopers, cause in OoT as you play as a kid, you can talk to this old man in the castle town market, and he will tell you of the sheikah tribe. He will tell you that the sheikah tribe, were wiped out. Because of the formidable power they possessed, he does not explain how they were wiped out, but you get the idea :nod:. Also do not come at me cause, I have not played OoT for a long time, do not get me wrong I have great memory! But not good enough to debate upon....:P

Ghosi

Schmetterling
Well all I know is that they have been sent to the Twilight Realm, and are ancestors of the Twili, but if you notice the imp form of midna she has pointy ears.

Fairly sure they're Gerudo myself, for one thing, the Arbiter's Grounds are in the desert, and were built to contain the Dark Interlopers. And where were they built, in the midst of ruins and no sign of current civilisation? The desert, where we know the Gerudo lived. Also, if you compare Midna and Ganon:
images

Very similar skin and hair colour and clothing.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
I believe they might be those 3 dark links we saw during that weird story told by the layranu in TP.

I dont think your understanding the point of the thread. We arent asking who they are but more of their history and what they were before being sent into the twilight realm, before the dark mirror and arbiter's grounds and what possibly races they could have been.

I think it is very likely that the dark interlopers are the gerudo but that isnt me saying that for sure that is me saying maybe. I agree with pinecove that the quote from midna is referring to with lust for power. But i do see where the others are saying that the end of the quote seems to refer to the gerudos because it says king and greed but the only problem with this is that the king spoken of in the speech by midna is probably not ganondorf because the twilight realm was made before ganondorf was sent to it. Now i know some of you will say that maybe it was a king of the gerudos from before ganondorf well i have to say that their is no proof for that or much else speculation due to none of us knowing anything about the twilis history other then a tale told by lanaryu that for all we know could have happened a century before TP or even further back before OOT.

If i were to guess the nature of midnas comment about kings it would probably be that the king spoken of in her speech is either her father of some kind of descendent before her maybe even the first king of the twili from immediately after the events spoken of by lanaryu.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
I know people have narrowed it down to two peoples, being the Sheikah and the Gerudo. Here's something I figured out through hours of thought (and the Zelda Wiki article on the Dark Interlopers). At the beginning, it shows only three Dark Links. Those three Links stay, but one changes to a normal Link. I think this might be saying that, although the Dark Interlopers were one people, normal people may have figured out their true goals and joined in. If so, there could be any number of tribes involved. But still, I like these theories. Nearly all make good enough sense for me to see the point. Thanks for the throires and keep posting guys!

T Edoc

Made AluminiumMasterSword
Romani Ranch, Termina (Hopefully...*sigh*)
Evidence that the relationships between the Hylians and the Sheikah would be difficult are everywhere.
The shadow temple, temple of the Sheikah, is full of blood, bones and living deads. That's a temple of torture and death.
Though we say 'The Sheikah tribe were the protectors of Hyrule's Royal Family'. Safe for Impa, nothing like that has been seen.
It's especially difficult to know more accurate details about that tribe since everybody thought the Sheikah tribe didn't exist anymore (according to a Gossip Stone).

So maybe the term 'Sheikah' refers only to a 'good' group of persons among the whole shadow folk. But what about the others?

The Sheikah are renowned as the shadow of the hylian people and magic-weilders. So, I hardly see how the Dark Interpolers wouldn't be members of that same shadow people.

Everybody was living in peace until the Dark Interpolers try to take dominion on the Sacred Realm. The word of the Sacred Realm and Triforce spreaded all accross Hyrule, and the Civil War occured because everybody wanted it.
For causing those troubles, those Dark Interpolers were sent in a realm that fits them : the Twilight Realm. Did they become the Twili right then?

Another people disappeared from Hyrule, but that was after the Shadow people did. And as it, details about that other people are a bit more known : The Gerudos.
Only females are born in that people, safe for one male every 100 years. As it, they need to find males somewhere else in order to have children. The Gossip Stones say they go to Hyrule Castle Town to look for boyfriends.
But by wearing a Gerudo Mask there, you'll see nobody wants to talk to a Gerudo. They fear and hate them.
What other human-like people could possibly go with them if the Hylians don't?

Which leads us to Ganondorf. King of a hated people forced to live in an sterile desert with his sterile people. He coveted Hyrule, and thus invaded it. (The sages say it in Twilight Princess)
Who was his army? Whose is he the King? Who are certainly also bored of living in the desert, needing to steal to survive, with no men from their people? Gerudos.

We don't know what happened to the Gerudos after Ganondorf got arrested for invading Hyrule. But the Gerudos disappeared and the sages tried to execute Ganondorf. Their attempt was vain, and they sent him to the Twilight Realm...too.

The Twilight Realm is a place inhabited by a shadow magic-weilder people. Strangely, they have Sheikah symbols (eyes) in many places, and they have red hair, and orange or yellow eyes.

My conclusion is that most of the 'good' Sheikah died in the Civil War, the 'bad' ones were the Dark Interpolers, and the Dark Interpolers with the Gerudos became the current Twili people, cause they had both been sent to the same realm, even if there has been a moment between those two events.

Interrestingly, after OoT, the temples themes 'shadow' and 'spirit' aren't distinct anymore. Am I the only who noticed that?

Side-topic, Veran from Oracle of Ages looks like a Twili and she bears the Sheikah symbol + two parts of the Gerudo symbol. Her homologue caracter in Oracle of Seasons, General Onox, has a mask looking like Zant's one and he bears the Gerudo symbol + two parts of the Sheikah symbol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom