• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Will Be Your Starter?

Dark Princess

Weeaboo :D
It's very difficult to choose, though I guess I'll go with my usual: grass. I mean, yeah, I have my exception with one generation (Torchic ftw), but grass is the type I always pick. Besides! Poor Chespin doesn't get enough love. I do see why people wouldn't be up for it, though. I mean, it does look like a Bidoof with a hat... >_>;; But Chespin deserves an awesome trainer and that awesome trainer will be me. D;

pkfroce

Skelepuns
The only time I've chosen the Fire Starter is in 2nd Gen HG/SS. On all the other ones I've picked Squirtle, Mudkip, Turtwig, and Snivy. Fennekin looks like a female dog. (Not literally I mean the other thing) And Froakie is just... stupid. Chespin is an adorable... rodent thing.... I honestly don't know what it is, but I know it's going to be amazing.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
First Pokemon game = Sapphire. Choice = Treecko.
Second Pokemon game = Fire Red. Choice = Charmander.
Third Pokemon game = Diamond. Choice = Piplup.
Fourth Pokemon game = Silver. Choice = Chikorita.
Fifth Pokemon game = White. Choice = Tepig.
See the pattern? It wasn't intentional, but I think I'm gonna go with Froakie.

I'm pretty sure I'm going with Chespin. I disagree that he looks like piplup though, I think piplup looks more like oshawott. Just look: http://s1.postimg.org/fq60ju42n/NOT_OSHAWOTT.png

But if there is another really cool grass type that I want, or its evolutions suck(thats what happened to Tepig), I'm probably going to go with froakie, especially since I almost always use the grass starter. Not Finnikin though, I have my eyes set on that adorable bird, fletchling :3

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Chespin is my favorite of the three, but I'm gonna buy both X and Y so I can easily get all three starters by trading between them... 'cause I'm a cheating ***** like that.

Seriously, though, the games don't give me a means to catch starter Pokemon, but Ash does in the anime? **** that, they're gonna jip me, I'll gladly cheat.

I'm probably gonna go with Chespin. I definitely don't want Fennekin because it's too popular and virtually every single person I personally know is getting it! So it's between Froakie and Chespin for me... I'll probably get Chespin. I just hope that the rumor stating that Chespin is Grass/Dark is false.

EonNinja

Pokemon Master
I think I'm going with Fenniken, considering that I usually go for the Grass-Type with the Water-Type as a backup plan. But if it turns out to be a Fire-Fighting Type, all bets are off.

OcarinaofWind12

So zetta slow!
Probs Fennekin. The grass starter looks dumb imo, so I'm doing what the Keyblade did and moving down the list.

I always go with grass so I'm going to pick Chespin. but that reference was just pure AWESOME.

It probably won't happen but if fennekin turned out to be fire/fighting I would laugh so freaking hard. my first pokemon game was pearl (I'm kinda young okay?) but i've played at least remakes of every gen. I've chosen grass every single time so I'm just going to do that this time as well.

now that I think about i've never played gen v... not in stock at my local gamestop.

Last edited:

Stitch

AKA Patrick
This will probably bug me until the day I get it, but chances are, once again, I will go for the grass type for some reason I will never understand. :hmm:

Fig

The Altruist
Chespin is my favorite of the three, but I'm gonna buy both X and Y so I can easily get all three starters by trading between them.

Great minds think alike? ;)

I'm still going to stick with Chespin and I do plan to get both versions for myself while my brother only wants one of them (I'm the more devoted one if you can't already tell :xd:). The only thing that is worrying me a lot is Chespin's evolution. I just hope it looks cool and doesn't mess up the concept of Chespin and doesn't becomes a schmuck and looks derpy, according to the Oshawott haters and whatnot. I for one, found Oshawott's final evolution to be a total bad*ss and awesome. That's what happened to Oshawott's final evolution and everyone hates on him. :kawaii: Everyone wanted his final evolution to be stand up, similar to the previous forms of Oshawott, but I didn't care. I simply looked at Oshawott and told him "You may be cute right now, but later you will the #1 bad*ss on my team when you fully evolve!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom