• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Which is Better?

Which OoT Forest Temple is better?

• Original

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Master Quest

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Ok, so I finished the Forest Temple in OoT 3D Master Quest, and it left me with the question of which version was better. Both the original and MQ versions are incredible and the best in the game (imo), but I can't decide which was the better version. I guess I'm more inclined to say the original version due to me knowing exactly what to do after playing through it countless times, or something, but... GAH! So, this is where you guys come in. I want to know your opinions on the subject. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, GO!

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
Well, I have not played the latest version of OoT so maybe I should be quiet and wait before I post in this thread. I have however played the Master Quest version that came with Wind Waker so if they are not too different I guess I could say a few words.

I do prefer the original Forest Temple, it was one of the few Temples that I actually thought was a bit more difficult in the original version (the reason could of course be that I played the original version first and therefore had gained more "Zelda experience"). :) But if I remember things correctly, the Forest Temple just felt odd in the Master Quest.

You know what? This thread gave me the inspiration to play the Master Quest on my Gamecube, nice!

Garo

Boy Wonder
The dungeons are no different in Master Quest 3D puzzle-wise. They're just mirrored.

If that's the case, then it is unquestionably the original, simply because of the impact of doing it the first time. No matter how you slice it, you've done it before by the time you get to Master Quest - it isn't as mindblowingly inventive.

U

UchihaMadara

Gotta love the original. Why, because of all those good memories...

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
If that's the case, then it is unquestionably the original, simply because of the impact of doing it the first time. No matter how you slice it, you've done it before by the time you get to Master Quest - it isn't as mindblowingly inventive.

I think you misunderstood me. I meant the puzzles aren't different going from Master Quest to Master Quest 3D. The puzzles are much different in MQ than the original quest. That's what MQ is. Harder dungeons.

Ryuyasha

Dragon Demon
I voted for Master Quest. Yes I found both versions very hard but I enjoy a challenge.

(Also 100th post yay)

Last edited:
T

Tekniko

Honestly, I felt the original was better because of the memories and your first time through is always the best. Master Quest was an exciting new challenge but it didn't bring anything new to the game just more challenge. If I played Master Quest first then I would be singing a different tune.

D

DrDo0MxPHD

ive beaten both, but the original is better, its desgin is how is should be. master quest just adds things that get in the way

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom