• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Game Comes First for You in the Zelda Timeline; Why?

Which Game comes first for you in the Zelda Timeline?

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zelda II: Adventure of Link

• The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

• The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

• The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

• The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

• The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages/ Seasons

• The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords

• The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

• The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures

• The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap

• The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

• The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

• The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

• The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

• Total voters
Which Zelda game comes first for you in the timeline? I voted for OoT, but I know SS will replace it, IMO.

For me, I have been a pretty firm believer that Ocarina of Time was first in the timeline, about to be replaced by Skyward Sword, but if the character that we've seen in the new Skyward Sword trailer is Vaati, then I'll have to believe that the Minish Cap is the first legend.

I believe that Ocarina of Time is the first legend because of how Link's story is told; how he got his clothes. Also, it's a pretty primative Hyrule (that could be a "just an old video game" excuse, though). I mean, there wasn't much to do in Hyrule Market, two shops and a game place, while in Minish Cap, there was several things to do in Hyrule Town, they were even having a festival.

The only legitimate argument (between OoT and MC) I've heard is that all the races that appeared in OoT didn't appear in MC. (Zoras, Gorons). But anyway, what's your opinion, ZD? Right now, I'm on the fence with OoT and MC.

Last edited:
SS then OoT. my main reasoning for not buying into the whole minish cap comes first is the in game text on the goron figurine piece. "045) Goron - These rock - and iron-eaters once lived on Mount Crenel in Western Hyrule. Now their numbers are few, and they live quietly in a cave".

startimer

Resident Cartographer
Well Isn't this the worst possible time to be asking that question. Sure, it's been torn between OoT and MC for a while, but now that SS is coming out... we know that SS is BEFORE OoT, but other than that we know almost nothing about it's storyline, so it's impossible to say how it relates to MC.

"045) Goron - These rock - and iron-eaters once lived on Mount Crenel in Western Hyrule. Now their numbers are few, and they live quietly in a cave".

Right, I didn't even think of that.
Also, I just thought of the Moblins...whom were created in Ganon's own image. How could MC be first if Ganon wasn't around?

tecknokid900

All Hail Yhtomit!
Well he was probably banished at the time. As for the WW? no, personally not, for Gannon was banished and it showed evidence of Link, the Hero of Time banishing Gannon. So OOT definitely came before WW.

Skyward Sword. My reasoning is that Nintendo implied that SS is the earliest game in the timeline thus far, which would invalidate TMC taking place there. TMC being after SS but before OoT is also pointless because it would defeat the purpose of TMC's non-literal origin for the cap, the "Link's first adventure ended" line, etc. Basically, TMC was probably meant to be an origin story for the series, but the developers are probably ignoring that and are going to do it right with SS.

SS for me. Even before I was introduced to the timeline theories, I always sort of placed OoT first. So if the develepors say SS is before OoT, thats the first (timeline wise) for me.

N

Ninjatrek

im still new to all these timeline theories, but the one i like most is the theory saying that each game is a re-telling of the legend of Zelda,much like actual legends are, with each telling brining something new to the tale

I find it quite amusing that someone voted for Four swords, Wind waker and spirit tracks ^^
I voted for SS since that's what nintendo says

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Before I begin, I know SS comes before OoT, but I am reserving judgement on it until I've played it.

Minish Cap for me. It has no mention of Ganondorf, the Triforce (other than patterns on the floor), or any other "main story" objects (except an Ocarina, the Bow and Light Arrows, and the Mirror Shield). If Ocarina of Time came before Minish Cap, you'd think the people would remember the Hero of Time at least in legend. However, no such legend seems to exist in that world. Therefore, I believe that it has to come first. Also, the geography of the land is laid out much closer together than OoT. Lake Hylia is shown to be closer to the waterfall, and much larger than OoT makes it look. Death Mountain isn't inhabited by Gorons yet, and Biggoron is on Mt. Veil (That's what I call it).

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I feel sorry for the poor soul who voted for The Wind Waker. And Spirit Tracks

Anyway, personally, I don't see how The Minish Cap/Four Swords games can come first, as they just seem to be heavily implied to come later, if not last. (But with the information we have, there's no way we can really place them anywere.) So, I say Skyward Sword, as we know it comes before Ocarina of Time.

Z

zorbak962

skyward sword, if not probably minish cap (mount crenel would later become death mountain, or maybe the other way around)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom