• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which FF Game Should I Rent?

Well, Ive been wanting to play a FF (Final Fantasy) game ever since I finished Kingdom Hearts back in '06. So, which one should I rent? The criteria is that it has to be available from Gamefly, and a platformer. (So in other words, it can only be PS2, XB360) Thanks guys!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I recommend you get either FFX or FF12. So amazing games, I personally like FFXII more but reactions to 10 have overall been better.

You should Rent FFX because of the Deep and amazing story,the good old classic gameplay and its on of the best FF. (I dont remember if the PS2 can handle the PS1 games but if it can you should try FFVII,THE best FF.)

Rytex

Resident Netizen
I recommend you rent IV, V, VI, VII, or XII. They're the best in the series, without a doubt. I personally recommend VII because it's the one everyone plays.

Kazumi

chagy
I would highly recommend FFX for PS2. It's my personal favourite Final Fantasy game. It has amazingly fun game play, and a beautiful story. I definitely liked it a lot more than FFXII.

Farore

Goddess of Courage
FF12, in my opinion was one of the best games by far. It uses a different battle system, in fact the only JRPG style that i found quite fun. I like the fact that i can see the enemies coming so i could avoid them if i wanted to, sometimes it doesnt work but that means youre meant to fight them. Speaking that youre probably a decent gamer, the battles shouldnt take more than 30 sec, but this does not include boss battles. I dont want to make the game appear to be too easy; it can be rather challenging. So for me, FF12 is a go!

FFX and X-2 were okay, they were simple and easy to beat and have a good plot-line.

It depends. FFX has a traditional turnbased battle system and FFXII kinda plays like an MMORPG. I personally like 12 better because its nowhere as linear as X or X-2.

The first 9 are excellent games. I haven't played X, XI, or XIV, but I have played XII and XIII, and personally I don't prefer them (XII was awful, XIII was average at best.) I don't recommend the spin-offs, except for Tactics, which is actually very good for a strategy game.
I should note that if you're getting into Final Fantasy from Kingdom Hearts, good luck, because the two have very different gameplay styles, at least from what I've played/seen of Kingdom Hearts. Final Fantasy is turn-based (though from IV onwards, battles are in real-time, but still played in turns), as opposed to the real-time real-space battle mechanics of Kingdom Hearts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom